Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mean Streak

Options
  • 04-11-2007 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭

So i was in the pub the other night and someone i know was approached by a fella who she told sharply where to go, same girl was talking to a pair of fellas and completely blanked one, even when he was introduced to her by his mate who she was talking to.

So the point of debate, why are single women often so cut-throat and bitchy to fellas they dont fancy?
    Any woman i know in a relationship is sound with the let down or will just chat away to a stranger, but a large proportion of single girls out on the pull have a mean streak a mile wide.
    Any fella i know would be flattered if someone approached them, even if she was hideous, but the rejection wouldnt be so intently nasty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Good name for a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kowloon wrote: »
    So the point of debate, why are single women often so cut-throat and bitchy to fellas they dont fancy?

sounds like inbreeding to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

I ate my sister and then procreated with her.
    That was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I blather away to whoever I meet...I suppose some girls can be a bit distant alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Slag's, bitches?

no manners?
    that's the only reason i think of, maybe your man was a real fugly:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The thing is, shes otherwise a sound girl, so the "just a bitch" explanation falls down.
    Its making me wonder about some of the wimmins ive met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Where piping hot scones offered as an enticement to chat idly? - that ice breaker has worked for me on several occasions - kind of creates a subtle sense of merriment...they don't know whether to reject you out of hand or try a little to see if your some kind of itinerant baker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The thing is, shes otherwise a sound girl, so the "just a bitch" explanation falls down.

or... while she may come across as a sound girl in reality she is a just a bitch at heart and your slant on the whole thing is arseways?

i still think it's inbreeding at the root cause of this. you know like dog breeds that have been inbred too much become highly strung, snap a lot and in general make to many high pitched noises? same principle here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

She is just a bitch when it comes to men!
    Is she good looking?Nothing worse than a girl who knows how good looking she is...should be classified as a weapon of mass put downs..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Oh no, not this thread again! :D

OP, you don't wanna know what you've let yourself in for! :p

Edit: Just in case you're wondering what I'm talking about, clicky.

• Advertisement

KIVES wrote: »
    Where piping hot scones offered as an enticement to chat idly?

That is one of the oddest things I've ever read.

Archeron wrote: »
    That is one of the oddest things I've ever read.

Odd yet depressingly true - you just can't make stuff like that up - some stiff cailins actually mellowed on being offered an requited treat

Odd yet depressingly true - you just can't make stuff like that up - some stiff cailins actually mellowed on being offered an requited treat

SCONES??

What's up with you and scones?:)

muffin's now a muffin would keep her interested

Scone:confused:

An Citeog wrote: »
    Oh no, not this thread again! :D

OP, you don't wanna know what you've let yourself in for! :p

Edit: Just in case you're wondering what I'm talking about, clicky.

Fook me, thats not how i meant it!
    I'm just talking about SOME (one in particular) single womens behavior in a pub/club environment.
    Its just strange seeing someone i KNOW to be sound engaging in this behavior, and being selective in its application, i've never seen her like that out of that environment.

Fook me, thats not how i meant it!
    I'm just talking about SOME (one in particular) single womens behavior in a pub/club environment.
    Its just strange seeing someone i KNOW to be sound engaging in this behavior, and being selective in its application, i've never seen her like that out of that environment.

There are 5.5 billion of us and each of us has a story. Its a shame we cant all scribe our experience and use it to make others think......

Irish women have undeservedly high opinions of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

SCONES??

What's up with you and scones?:)

muffin's now a muffin would keep her interested

Scone:confused:
    Scones rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Scones rock
    Depends how long you cook them for or is it bake?

Archeron wrote: »
    There are 5.5 billion of us and each of us has a story. Its a shame we cant all scribe our experience and use it to make others think......

Elaborate....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The pub and club scene sometimes breeds these attitudes for attractive girls, whereas in other places the same single girl might be more polite when approached? For example, some lads will not take a polite "no" for an answer, and keep pressuring a girl when she is not interested. After several waves of lads, some of which are the pressure type, the girl gets defensive and pops off at the next one that comes along (who might be a nice lad).

I've found that pubs (or Stateside bars) and clubs that cater to the younger set often have reputations as pickup joints, or what has been euphamistically called "meat markets." Although there are exceptions, you generally don't go to such places if you are looking to discover someone for a meaningful, long lasting relationship.

• Advertisement

Scones rock

Scones are like 'The Clash' of the Bakery scene...thank god somebody has an interest in preserving the cult status of these fiendishly refreshing culinary creations....WHITE SCONE IN HAMMERSMITH BAKERY

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

alan4cult wrote: »
    Depends how long you cook them for or is it bake?

Bake.

Also, delicious.

Scones are like 'The Clash' of the Bakery scene...thank god somebody has an interest in preserving the cult status of these fiendishly refreshing culinary creations....WHITE SCONE IN HAMMERSMITH BAKERY

:D:D:D

Rock (cakes) ON
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Too much hollyoaks and coronation st and tv in general I think. Some girls think because they see it on tv, thats how they should react in a real life situation. Others are just spoilt bitches. The same applies for an awful lot of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Mainly because single women are cut throat bitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

If your friend is nice to guys she fancies but doesn't have the grace to be nice to guys she doesn't fancy then she's not a nice person. It's that simple really. You can't be selective about the people you're nice to - you should at least be polite to people unless they give you a reason not to be. Not just because you think they can/can't offer you something. Sorry, your friend's a beeeeatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So i was in the pub the other night and someone i know was approached by a fella who she told sharply where to go, same girl was talking to a pair of fellas and completely blanked one, even when he was introduced to her by his mate who she was talking to.

Any woman i know in a relationship is sound with the let down or will just chat away to a stranger, but a large proportion of single girls out on the pull have a mean streak a mile wide.
    Any fella i know would be flattered if someone approached them, even if she was hideous, but the rejection wouldnt be so intently nasty.

Because a lot of Irish woman are just stuck up ol' cvnts. And East European women, while maybe hot are worse.

Best off sticking with townies and wenches from Darndale (and the likes). Far better in the sack, down to earth and nearly always a swallower!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

connundrum wrote: »
    Mainly because single women are cut throat bitches.

I take offense to that!! I'm a single female and I'm not a bitch. I'm always polite unless the guy just doesn't take a hint and even then I try and be nice.
    I do agree that there are single women out there who are total cows just because they think they can.
    Heck I was out with a friend of mine once (who's a lovely girl) and some guy was trying to talk to her and she totally blanked him... I actually apologised to him and said 'i'm sorry I don't think she's interested, she didn't mean to be rude'

But in general I like to think I'm nice to guys. Sure even if you're not interested - what's the harm in a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

star-pants wrote: »
    I do agree that there are single women out there who are total cows just because they think they can.

Unfortunately they give the good ones a bad rep. There are so many of them now, particularly in Dublin, that a lot of the time Dublin women are just all tarred with the same brush. It's not fair but that's life.
    Heck I was out with a friend of mine once (who's a lovely girl) and some guy was trying to talk to her and she totally blanked him... I actually apologised to him and said 'i'm sorry I don't think she's interested, she didn't mean to be rude'

But she did mean to be rude. She was rude. Why did you apologise on her behalf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I take offense to that!! I'm a single female and I'm not a bitch. I'm always polite unless the guy just doesn't take a hint and even then I try and be nice.

But in general I like to think I'm nice to guys. Sure even if you're not interested - what's the harm in a chat.

I obviously was referring to other single women. No one should take offense from my comment as it was admittedly a harsh generalisation.

No more Mojitos from Connundrum :(

Advertisement