Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog the Bounty Hunter gets pulled after racist incident

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Go with christ bra! :D

hush Beth!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

eroo wrote: »
    hush Beth!:D

Hehe Must look for a pic of her; stick it in the b00bz thread:)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

His site takes ages to Load...just read his wikipedia page, he has a load of kids "durty-doogg", he also derved time for murder and is wanted by the Mexician Police...Read the online petition,it's a good laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

He parades his prisoners on TV, which I understand is in contravention of the Geneva Convention. But no-one gets worked up about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i am the dwwwwwwwwwwwwwag the big bad dwwwwwwwwwwwwwag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Go with christ bra! :D

should have bear maced the girlfriend tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

His wife is fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Might want to rethink that thread title guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Trode wrote: »
    Might want to rethink that thread title guys.

Gotta draw in the thread viewers, y'know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

SumGuy wrote: »
    Even after black people in the USA were liberated from being enslaved en masse, they were treated unequally for years. In the 20th century. It's called segregation, and it was in accordance with US law.
    I think it's fair enough that they should be more sensitive.

so they can call us crackers but we cant call them any thing becaues it might hurt there feelings hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hypocrisy is the act of condemning another person for an act of which the critic is also guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I saw the South Park p!$$take of this and they saw an episode of it. Christ on a bike how do shows like that get made.

I'm surprised it took this long to get the boot, he must be a complete idiot to say stuff like that on camera.

Here's a transcript of the tape, in case anyone wants to read it and judge for themselves:
    Duane "Dog" Chapman: I don't care if she's a Mexican, a whore or whatever. It's not because she's black, it's because we use the word ni**er sometimes here. I'm not gonna take a chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for for 30 years because some ****ing ni**er heard us say ni**er and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine. Our career is over! I'm not taking that chance at all! Never in life! Never! Never! If Lyssa [Dog's daughter] was dating a ni**er, we would all say '**** you!' And you know that. If Lyssa brought a black guy home ya da da... it's not that they're black, it's none of that. It's that we use the word ni**er. We don't mean you ****ing scum ni**er without a soul. We don't mean that ****. But America would think we mean that. And we're not taking a chance on losing everything we got over a racial slur because our son goes with a girl like that. I can't do that Tucker. You can't expect Gary, Bonnie, Cecily, all them young kids to [garbled] because 'I'm in love for 7 months' - **** that! So, I'll help you get another job but you can not work here unless you break up with her and she's out of your life. I can't handle that ****. I got 'em in the parking lot trying to record us. I got that girl saying she's gonna wear a recorder...

Tucker Chapman: I don't even know what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That's some mighty fine gibberish right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

o_O

WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

cornbb wrote: »
    Waahahahahaha. I'm glad. They guy is a turd.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7076653.stm

A turd thats rich, and he should be allowed to say what he wants

A turd thats rich, and he should be allowed to say what he wants

He is allowed to say exactly what he wants. Trouble is, he's too stupid to keep his mouth shut even though he knew it would get him in trouble, according to the transcript above. And what has being rich got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bacon?

i was on a date the other night. i told a crap joke, and she then told me 3 n*ger jokes, just out of the blue :eek:

weird situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

This makes me sad. I love Dog. He is my brah. I think its one of the funniest things on Television. They take it all so seriously like they are army commandos but they usually just end up arresting the guy in his boxers over his bowl of cheerios when he's stoned of his face. Then there is always the obligatory Jesus talk. Funny stuff.

He shouldnt have done that though (hes just a boy).

Terry wrote: »

I will also agree that many black people use the race card far too often, but you can't tar them all with the same brush.

Have heard people of previous generations saying "touch of the tarbrush" in relation to mixed race people. Id say it wasnt implied here but its amazing how a comment like that could be viewed in the wrong context and could make someone seem racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

MikeHoncho wrote: »

Have heard people of previous generations saying "touch of the tarbrush" in relation to mixed race people. Id say it wasnt implied here but its amazing how a comment like that could be viewed in the wrong context and could make someone seem racist.

It crossed my mind too. The whole tar and feather thing. But seriously since when did it ever become ok to call someone a nigga or whatever. Its a huge source of pain for the black community in America and i think we and everyone else should respect that. Equating the n work to cracker or whatever is not the same thing as it doesn't have the same connatations for a white person as a black person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

bacon? wrote: »
    i was on a date the other night. i told a crap joke, and she then told me 3 n*ger jokes, just out of the blue :eek:

weird situation.

Strange. Are either of you a n*ger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He shouldnt have done that though (hes just a boy).

Agreed. If he'd just back calmly and had had some of dem French fried potaters then he might have kept himself out of the Hades he's in. Mmm yeap, I reckon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I've never heard that saying before.

Just googled it and found this:
    Hello, BlogLily. The expression is “a touch of the tarbrush”. I used to think it was only used when people were of white and black mixed race but apparently it was used for white and Asian mixed race too. Of course it is offensive but it sounds so antiquated nowadays it has lost its power.
    http://www.helenparocha.com/awasalarmed/?p=49

My take on it was that tarring everyone with the same brush means you throw them all into the same grouping.

You learn something new every day.
    togster wrote: »
    It crossed my mind too. The whole tar and feather thing. But seriously since when did it ever become ok to call someone a nigga or whatever. Its a huge source of pain for the black community in America and i think we and everyone else should respect that. Equating the n work to cracker or whatever is not the same thing as it doesn't have the same connatations for a white person as a black person.

As far as I know, it's still not ok to call someone "a nigga or whatever."

As for the "Cracker" thing; why should a white person have to put up with a racial slur from a black person?
    If you want equality, then you have to realise that you cannot go around throwing racial slurs at others just because the same thing happened to your grandparents?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bacon?

Pigman II wrote: »
    Strange. Are either of you a n*ger?

no, white.

togster wrote: »
    . Equating the n work to cracker or whatever is not the same thing as it doesn't have the same connatations for a white person as a black person.

Balderdash, this sort of hypocrisy and positive discrimination really annoy the fnck outta me. See the last paragraph of Terry's post, as i completely agree with it and can't put it any simpler than he already has.
    GDM wrote: »
    he must be a complete idiot to say stuff like that on camera.

He didn't say it on camera. He said it in a private conversation with his son, which his son taped and sold to the Enquirer (nearly as big a rag as the Herald).

He's a scumbag, his son is a scumbag and DTBH shouldn't be on the TV in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Balderdash, this sort of hypocrisy and positive discrimination really annoy the fnck outta me. See the last paragraph of Terry's post, as i completely agree with it and can't put it any simpler than he already has.

Too right, regardless of the connotations both terms are derogatory terms used to describe a specific race of people. If whites, yellows, reds whatever arent allowed use the word n*gger, than neither should anyone be allowed to refer to whites as crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

cornbb wrote: »
    Here's a transcript of the tape, in case anyone wants to read it and judge for themselves:

So his show gets pulled for him repeatedly saying n*er in a conversation about how he's worried his show will get pulled if people hear him say n*er?

Ironing FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

In Dog we trust.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

0ubliette wrote: »
    Too right, regardless of the connotations both terms are derogatory terms used to describe a specific race of people. If whites, yellows, reds whatever arent allowed use the word n*gger, than neither should anyone be allowed to refer to whites as crackers.

Meh so you would be offended if someone called you a cracker? I doubt it. You can't disregard the connatations of the slur as it is these connatations define the slur. Calling someine a nigga is much worse than calling someone a cracker imo because of the historical implications.

Advertisement