Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog the Bounty Hunter gets pulled after racist incident

Options
  • 03-11-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Waahahahahaha. I'm glad. They guy is a turd.
    BBC News wrote:
    A bounty hunter has had his show pulled from US TV schedules after he used a racist term repeatedly in a phone call.

The A&E network said Dog the Bounty Hunter, starring Duane "Dog" Chapman, would be off-air "for the foreseeable future", but had not been scrapped.

The National Enquirer released a recording of a conversation involving the star, repeatedly making derogatory remarks about his son's girlfriend.

He issued an apology but several civil rights leaders want his show ditched.

They have written to A&E, branding his comments "a vicious attack on... interracial relations, as well as an incitement to violence".

Chapman's programme sees him and colleagues trying to find people who have absconded in Hawaii and other US states.

'Ashamed'

In the phone call, Chapman was heard talking to his son Tucker, urging him to break up with his black girlfriend.

He used the offensive "N-word" six times in the first 45 seconds of the five-minute clip, the Associated Press reported.

In his apology, Chapman said he was ashamed of himself and "should never have used that term".

And he added he was "disappointed" in his son's choice of girlfriend "not due to her race, but her character".

The 54-year-old's lawyer, Brook Hart, said Chapman was not a racist and promised the word would never be used again by the star.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7076653.stm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Mark Fuhrman
    Michael Richards
    Randy Marsh
    Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Double standards tbh

Most American rap artists use language like that, where's the outrage? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

From what I've gathered he didn't use the dreaded N word in his show but rather in a private conversation he was having with his son.
    This strikes me as more wthch hunting by the PC brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

The man's a murderer!!
    What do people expect?

Hopefully his show will get canceled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I have occasionally watched Dog pursuing the bad and ugly . He has a chequered past personal life I believe . He is not much different from the people he pursues (bail jumpers etc), his constant moralising and his virtuosity does not ring true so is alleged racism is true to form .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

pithater1 wrote: »
    This strikes me as more wthch hunting by the PC brigade.

Ah yes. The "PC brigade". Coined to somehow sound derogatory, it means "not racist". A first cousin of "bleeding heart". Copyright After Hours 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The man's a dickhead. Should never have got a tv show in the first place. Who watches that rubbish anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

"Hey! It's that N|gger-Guy"

*Term used only as a reference to a south park episode, no offense was intended, if however you have been offended, please go here, but if you are offended that easily then you shouldn't be on a public forum, or even be in public at any time, ever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So who was wire-tapping/recording his phone calls without his knowledge? Or do we not care about such peripherary details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

So who was wire-tapping/recording his phone calls without his knowledge? Or do we not care about such peripherary details?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

His son sold the recording to a newspaper.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    His son sold the recording to a newspaper.

Which son he's got about 50 :)

*i know the son he was talking to on the phone obviously*

What's in the cat is what's in the kitten;)

SCUM
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Pfft! Its amazing how pissed off people can get over a simple word. It just means black, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Pfft! Its amazing how pissed off people can get over a simple word. It just means black, people!
    It's a derogatory term used to denigrate people with dark skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I read the transcript of what Mr. Dog said and in whilst he doesn't come across as particularily racist he acknowledged that he used the word a lot and if it came out it would hurt his tv career. He seemed more worried about green than black.

Anyway you should expect this sort of stuff from a bounty hunter. They're the scum of the universe. The only one you can trust is Boba Fett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"Hey! It's that N|gger-Guy"

damn beaten to that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Terry wrote: »
    It's a derogatory term used to denigrate people with dark skin.

Yet alot of them use it themselves. Black people are some of the most racist people on earth in my opinion. And i'm not hatin', Personally i love black people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

hasn't he suffered enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

doesn't he sport a mullet, another terrible call

baraca wrote: »
    Yet alot of them use it themselves. Black people are some of the most racist people on earth in my opinion. And i'm not hatin', Personally i love black people.
    That's quite a generalisation there.

Yes, there are some black people who are racist (Chris Rock springs to mind, with regards to his underlying anti-white sentiments in his stand-up routine), but not all black people are racist.

I will also agree that many black people use the race card far too often, but you can't tar them all with the same brush.

With regards to black people and their use of the word "N***er", many of them feel they are liberating themselves by using it and sticking it to whitey.

However, the continued and ever growing use of the word "cracker" in reference to white people will lead to a backlash.
    That's just my opinion though.

hasn't he suffered enough?

Hehe.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    That's quite a generalisation there.

Yes, there are some black people who are racist (Chris Rock springs to mind, with regards to his underlying anti-white sentiments in his stand-up routine), but not all black people are racist.

I will also agree that many black people use the race card far too often, but you can't tar them all with the same brush.

With regards to black people and their use of the word "N***er", many of them feel they are liberating themselves by using it and sticking it to whitey.

However, the continued and ever growing use of the word "cracker" in reference to white people will lead to a backlash.
    That's just my opinion though.

I didn't mean for it to sound like all black people are racist if it did :o

Your point about the stand-up is mostly what i was getting at. Watch def comedy jam except imagine all the comedians are white and there white jokes are black jokes. Aint so funny now is it and that's what i find so stupid.

It's funny when a black man makes a racist comment about a white man (not in all cases) but turn it around and your instantly evil or a member of the KKK.

Cracker? Never heard that one must look it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah, every home should have one....

or

but i couldn't eat a whole one

I didn't mean for it to sound like all black people are racist if it did :o

Your point about the stand-up is mostly what i was getting at. Watch def comedy jam except imagine all the comedians are white and there white jokes are black jokes. Aint so funny now is it and that's what i find so stupid.

It's funny when a black man makes a racist comment about a white man (not in all cases) but turn it around and your instantly evil or a member of the KKK.

Cracker? Never heard that one must look it up :)

You never heard a black person call a white person a 'crazy' cracker?

that's their new name for whites
    We stole 'honky' back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

is it not racist to pick on people for being racist or what would the proper term be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

racistist

Yo! Wassup cracker?! break yoself cracker!

Nah, Doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lynnlegend

longshanks wrote: »
    racistist

but if every one is equal and every ones opion is equal then how come cracker isnt the c word like n/gger is the n word or are black people more equal and senseativethen every one else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Go with christ bra! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

lynnlegend wrote: »
    but if every one is equal and every ones opion is equal then how come cracker isnt the c word like n/gger is the n word or are black people more equal and senseativethen every one else

Even after black people in the USA were liberated from being enslaved en masse, they were treated unequally for years. In the 20th century. It's called segregation, and it was in accordance with US law.
    I think it's fair enough that they should be more sensitive.

Advertisement