Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female tennis coach guilty of performing sex acts on 13 Y/O.. GIRL!!!

Options
  • 02-11-2007 1:10pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Holy sh!t.. :eek:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1291276,00.html

A female tennis coach has been jailed for performing a sex act on a 13-year-old girl.
    Claire Lyte was also banned indefinitely from working with children.
    She was sentenced to two years and nine months after being convicted last month on four counts of sexual activity.
    The teenager's mother caught Lyte performing a sex act on the youngster, who she taught at the Lawn Tennis Association academy.
    She was found guilty following a two-week trial at Liverpool Crown Court.
    The jury was told Lyte, 29, and the youngster, who cannot be named for legal reasons, shared hotel rooms during tournaments.
    Lyte, who was once a top 500 player in the world, had also worn the child's knickers.
    As she was sentenced, Judge Nigel Gilmour QC said Lyte's lies were a "wicked" conspiracy against her victim's family and he criticised her for trying to avoid justice.
    She claimed the victim's mother invented allegations against her because the girl was not good enough to turn professional.
    The judge also said her parents, Colin and Gillian, had lied in their evidence.
    Referring to them, he said: "I am sure your parents in all other respects are wholly admirable members of society.
    "But you have given lying evidence to the jury, no doubt at your request and encouragement."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is the conviction based solely on the testimony of the little girl and her mother?

And how did the mother catch the coach performing the sexual act? Was she 'doing the act' on the tennis court or something?

Seems strange. Although it's also strange to share a hotel room with a 13 y/o... Michael Jackson-esque... but we know he's innocent, soooo.... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wimmins can be pervs too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

thats hot... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

This gives a bit more of the story - it was an ongoing 'relationship'. Still...weird.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=485028&in_page_id=1770

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Female tennis teacher in the states was caught recently at the same thing the mother knew about it for a while but let it continue so her daughter could compete in some tournament.
    I'll try to find a link:confused:

Female tennis coach lesbian sex story trifecta now in play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Mordeth wrote: »

Bah!
    Got there before me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That type of thing is for the Golf courses, not Tennis courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I thought it was common knowledge that lesbianism was rampant in the female tennis world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

She sobbed as she said: "My mum came back and we did something that shouldn't have happened.

"I don't know what to call it. It was something sexual."

I find it odd that a 13 year old wouldn't know about sex. All the ones that I've...eh...nevermind.

This is going to sound like an awfully strange question, but would the jail term have been longer had the tennis coach been male?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

DesF wrote: »
    I thought it was common knowledge that lesbianism was rampant in the female tennis world?
    I'll be in my bunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

For the same acts, probably not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

DesF wrote: »

I'll be in my room.

EDIT: Beaten like a Vegas hooker. Hivemind SimpleSam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gash Meister

Pics or didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

HLA at the LTA.
    Wearing her knickers seems really freaky.

Damn you, Mordeth. You beat me too it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This is going to sound like an awfully strange question, but would the jail term have been longer had the tennis coach been male?

Absolutely. No mention of here being on the sex offenders register either. No mention of the word paedophile either. If it was a man it wouldve been a different story altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Absolutely. No mention of here being on the sex offenders register either. No mention of the word paedophile either. If it was a man it wouldve been a different story altogether

Damn straight.

EQUALITY FOR FEMALE PAEDOS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

As a mother i find the mothers story a little wierd, imagine allowing your daughter to be abused so she could compete? really beyond belief IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 BOOBLESS

Not good at all with regards this. I bet this it was A Male tennis coach he would of being giving a tougher sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Absolutely. No mention of here being on the sex offenders register either.

That's sky news for ya :rolleyes:
    See here
    BBC wrote:
    Lyte was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register and banned from working with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Asked what she thought of the affair, the girl added: "It was wrong. I'm too little, too young. She should have known better."

Her mother definately didn't tell her to say that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In the Netherlands, it proberly would'nt be a crime (hav'nt checked).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Pics or didn't happen.
    rofl

had to register a new account to post that? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

I wish I'd been comitting sex acts by my female tennis teacher* when I was 13.

* sadly I didnt have a tennis teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Where were all these sexed up tennis teachers back when I was in tennis school?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

This is an act of paedophilia FFS! If a bloke had been molesting a 13yr old would their be (unsanctioned) jokes about it on this thread? Probably not!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

This is an act of paedophilia FFS! If a bloke had been molesting a 13yr old would their be (unsanctioned) jokes about it on this thread? Probably not!

Shock, horror! Men and women aren't treated equally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

xzanti wrote: »
    Lyte, who was once a top 500 player in the world, had also worn the child's knickers.

I like the way that is phrased - it's like her two great achievements are:
    1. Being a famous tennis player
    2. Wearing this little girl's underwear.

To be honest, the most shocking thing here is that some people seem to be surprised that there female sex offenders at all. Women can be just as deviant as men.

Advertisement