Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

me + guest

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Bring a sheep. They will all understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

was at a family wedding few years ago, was me and guest, went on my own, my dad was also invited and a few cousins were there that i got on with, had a great time, and got a few fantastic snogs out of it (all with the same girl, dont think my cousin would have been to happy if i kissed too may of her mates on her wedding day).

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Go on your own. Weddings are one of the best places for picking up chicks (if you're that way inclined).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Bring a skeleton. They have no body to go with either apparently.

/stab

Put makeup on your right hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

go on your own im sure you will find someone to hold hands with;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

If you bring a woman you barely know, it could seem ok for a while but then it might be a long night.

If you bring a mate, people will notice that you've no woman with you for a while but when they get drunk they'll forget

If you go on your own you'll feel like a spare prick for a long time until after the meal but after that you'd be grand.

Try to get a woman this week, that's what I'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

SUNGOD wrote: »
    got an invite to a friends wedding for " sungod (me) +guest " im single so do i go on my own or invite someone just for the sake of it . could invite an old flame but if its only for one night whats the point , anyone any expierance of this ?

You should go alone and try and bag a bridesmaid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I agree with Binomate. Invite David Gest.

Don't forget to some to bring some heavy-duty boot-polish in case he gets head sweats at the reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Invite David Icke and have him accuse the bride of being a lizard ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was it not a RSVP invite? weddings cost a lot, having a "+ guest" might be people who are not sure if you have a partner or fiance, and it could be insulting if they didnt know when they sort of should. Even if they do know some find it nice.

You should really reply asap, as there may be others they did not invite due to lack of places.

I wouldnt bring a mate to fill in a gap for a wedding, but a work-do is another thing. We had one and it was "+ partner", inferring wive/husband/BF/GF. Me and a few lads brought our mates and all got pissed on the free booze. The way I see it a work-do is a form of christmas bonus- why should some get "twice the value" as others.

Of course my mate knew the score for the "free drink"/partner arrangement, rode him rotten!

• Advertisement
Advertisement