Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst programmes ever aired ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Wertz wrote: »
    The Lyrics Board
    (no, it's not so bad it's good, it's so bad it's created a new definition for bad in the OED)

My Family
    (this is comdey? BBC are usually quality, this slipped through the net)

You're A Star
    (more CC crap from boReTÉ, all the worst aspects of reality song talent shows, add to the mix the eurovision element and the crapiness is complete)

Hollyoaks
    (if I need to explain to you why it's crap, then you probably already watch it and I consider you unworthy of further communication)

Xposé
    (this show ties up everything I loathe in a little satin bow, ex-TV3 news/AA roadwatch types, celebrity goss, pointless girlie twittering, conspicuous fashion consumption and a pervading air of pretentious self importance)

I've tried to be fair and taken something from each channel. Obviously reality TV is a general dislike and there's plenty of crap on the satelitte channels that I haven't got round to, but the above list is fairly conclusive from my POV.

I agree with all of the above....I know someone who loves Linda Martin (I don't think he's joking) and loves the Lyrics Board. Scary stuff.

I would like to add The Animals of Farthing Wood. It ruined my childhood by being on all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the overrated Family Guy yet.
    "Aw man it's so random!" Piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

1. Soaps, worse crap ever put on TV, cornation street, emmerdale farm, brookside, eastenders, etc..
    2. Reality shows, same as 1 but if it's any small consolation then at least the acting is a little more realistic! Although I did get a laugh out of that Irish one, forget the name, where they had people on a boat going around Ireland and it sank... and they didn't even get that bit on camera, lol!!
    3. Irish quiz shows, they somehow make you always cringe. winning streak, lyrics board, that dude with the dickie bow, forget the name of that awful show!
    4. The wannabe shows where people who can't sing/act/dance get up and make national fools of themselves!
    5. Barney or those tinky/winky guys... hard call but they are a serious improvement over that lot above!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I would like to add The Animals of Farthing Wood. It ruined my childhood by being on all the time.

I have to disagree I loved that show.

I personally don't get 24, my friends love it but it just doesn't click with me. Its not the worst TV I have seen

Grey's Anatomy is crap, my girlfriend will not accept that its a show aimed at women and when i refuse to watch it, as it offends my brain, the show causes arguements.

Prison Break has taken a nose dive. It started well, genius going to jail to save his brother, plans on his body but then it just went mental. Showed have left it at one season.

Any soap, reality tv show or talent show I find more boring than the advertising in between.

A special shout out goes to the MTV brands of the above. "My Super Sweet 16" or whatever it is, "The Hills", "Made". These all make baby jesus cry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Murphy's Micro Q-M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Degsy wrote: »
    Murphy's Micro Q-M

Aw come on now, any show on RTÉ that managed to include atari gaming as part of primetime sunday viewing deserves to be remembered in a positive light.
    You could have a long wait.
    American Dad, maybe, but FG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Wertz wrote: »
    American Dad, maybe, but FG?
    Yeah, I think it's a terrible comedy show and grossly overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Vegeta wrote: »
    I

A special shout out goes to the MTV brands of the above. "My Super Sweet 16" or whatever it is, "The Hills", "Made". These all make baby jesus cry

Those are my 3 favourite things to watch on MTV.
    Super Sweet 16 is hilarious. And scary. And hilarious again.
    Made is actually really sweet and I love the idea of it. The way the person in question takes on a new job/role etc is great fun to watch.
    The Hills is horrible but brilliant almost all at once. I love it.

The Cassidy's is my pick though.
    the very thoughts of it.
    *shudder*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

South park..swearing cartoons..very f*cking funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I'm sorry to say that there are quite a few Irish shows that are fairly rubbish - Saw that "The English Class" the other day and had to agree that it was ****e! I can't tell if they are trying to be funny or morbidly ironic... (actually mightn't be that bad if the latter) Celebrity Farm, Cabin Fever, all those... Not too good. (Af)Fair City... I wouldn't mind but some quality programmes have come from RTE considering it is so small compared to the
    likes of BBC...

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! Don't like reality shows but this one is particularly bad...

Telly Tubbies!

I think though the reason there aren't as many bad American shows is that we just only get to see the good ones because RTE and BBC and SKY and the rest of them can afford to be choosy, but if we lived in America, with all the different networks they have, I'm sure we'd see some crap...

"God, the Devil and Bob", according to the RTE announcer was "cancelled in America because it was so contraversial", but after watching it, the real reason it was cancelled became clear. (It was crap and no one would watch it).

The later episodes of The Simpsons... Any catchphrase comedy sketch shows... To the guy asking about Little Britain above, I almost agree... Each character is funny when first introduced, but just replayed over and over and over!

California Dreams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

CSI Miami because of that bastarding Horatio fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Power Rangers cos it's not only crap, but also the amount of crap it produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

Late Late Show??

Get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Any nickelodeon/cartoon network show.

Call me insane but I thought the English Class was OK. Mostly due to the hot wimmin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Big Brother and Podge and Rodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

All reality tv shows
    The shows where people send in videos of their idiot kid falling over the cat
    Every attempt at comedy by RTE (Upwardly Mobile to Dan and Becs)
    Stupid lowbrow American sitcoms
    Soap operas
    Little Britain (why cant people see its the same thing over and over and over)
    Bo Selecta

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Anyone mentioned Kenny Live yet...?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Virtually anything produced by/for RTE (yes this includes the Late Late show as well as other tripe such as Kilnaskully)

Hollyoaks (god I can't stand it, but the lads I share with love it??) and any soap in general (most of which they also watch)

Any reality TV show (especially Big Brother. The best year of it was the one when E4 launched because Cablelink/NTL hadn't added it to the line-up yet and Sky wasn't as popular then.. summer of bliss!)

Simpsons (post season 8/9ish. Basically around the time they moved to computer animation and celeb cameo's to prop up the show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Any reality TV Show ever made, but escpecially that piece of **** called I'm a celebrity... TV3 interrupt The Shield (excellent tv show) mid season, to show a bunch of fcuking nobodies eating rats in a jungle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Sex and the city: or, "some neurotic harridans blither mindlessly untill my brain leaks out my ear". How this got pupular, i'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sex and the city: or, "some neurotic harridans blither mindlessly untill my brain leaks out my ear". How this got pupular, i'll never know.

I forgot this one. Possibly the most god awful 30 minutes I've ever endured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

surprised nobody has mention these rte classic stinkers-

1.Rimedy riddle (them red head puppets on tv)
    2.Play the game(that mime game with derek davis and twink)
    3.Talk about(with alan hughes)
    4.School around the corner
    5.Your a star(good thing to tell the tv inspector that your not paying your licence for that ****e)

as for the simpsons,yes usually when celebs get involded, a program usually goes downhill after that,spose it reminds of ppl that say things off tv and then they all laugh after your sick to death of hearing it and i want to punch them in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Showing my age:

Rent-a-ghost - makes Fair Citys production/sets/acting seem Kubrickesque
    Wurzel Gummage - about a pervy English West Country scarecrow and his constant foiled attempts to shag a animated doll (not as good as it sounds)
    Leave it to Ms O'Brien - The makers of this show probably hung themselves when they saw Father Ted
    Bosco - Little ginger freak
    Kiddie pops(or whatever it was called) - peados hit record, everyone elses jaw dropped like the audience at the first act of Springtime for Hitler before turning over in utter disgust

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

I do think that the worst thing I've seen on TV was the English Class. Some of the programs mentioned above are ok, and have their own audience, even if they are ****e, but The English Class were seemingly going for the Office/Alan Partridge fans. I dont know how they could have got it more wrong. Just awful. And on at 9.00 on a Monday as well.

Dont know how the producers of Stew could have got a sketch show so badly wrong either. Did anyone involved with the program twig, "you know, none of this is funny."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Friends - the most awful creation ever!!!
    The OC - corny rubbish about spoiled american kids and their so called 'issues'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Balls of steel and Friday Night Project both horribly nasty and low brow and featuring a talent less bunch of wasters whose idea of comedy is to laugh at the general public.
    Chrsit Peter Cook must be turning in his grave:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i suggest you take your own advice. a lot of family guy is just not funny but its still better tan most of the crap out there

Degsy wrote: »
    South park..swearing cartoons..very f*cking funny
    give it a chance. there's more to south park than swearing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Sarah Silverman show or whatever.
    Unfunny, rude, irritating woman.

why is she on television?

Also Family Guy. Overrated, boring, repetative "random111" humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Jip wrote: »
    CSI Miami because of that bastarding Horatio fella.
    Take that back! He is a class act, LT Caine. :)

All national lottery programming, Winning Streak et al Entertainment for old duffers
    Bosco, that fecker warped alot of minds
    Fair City
    Den tv
    Shirely Temple Bar (whoever he is)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

phasers wrote: »
    The Sarah Silverman show or whatever.
    Unfunny, rude, irritating woman.

why is she on television?

She is so unfunny, she thinks she's so edgy and risqué but what's the point of cursing and swearing all the time if you're not funny to back it up.

Advertisement