Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror check being run on you? Do you care?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    As far as I can recall the majority of terrorist activities in the past and present have resulted in attacks on a country or its troops abroad where that country is occupying a nation or dispute over sovernignty etc So the lesson is do not meddle in other nations and terrorism will cease .

I dont believe Detective jerry McCabes widow would concur with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Japan is doing this because of an increased threat from North Korea, which has been making rumblings and sent a missile over Japanese airspace not so long ago. Also they are getting increasingly concerned about China, which has been bulking up its naval presence; this is also leading to a growth in right wing sentiment in Japan. They also put a contingent of troops on the ground to support the US in its middle east adventurism. And finally the Japanese are notoriously xenophobic, they don't like foreigners, which explains a lot of their fixation on robots - you don't need cheap foreign labour to do the grunt work if you can just automate it.

Excellent couple of points there.
    i have no problems with giving fingerprints etc for security reasons...but i do worry that this information will/could be misused

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Excellent couple of points there.
    i have no problems with giving fingerprints etc for security reasons...but i do worry that this information will/could be misused[/QUOTE]

Is Ireland at sometime going to do the same at some point ie collect prints and photos . Where will it end .As I asked earlier will such procedures in the US and Japan actually serve any useful purpose apart from the IDs of half the world .Scary 1984 ish and beyond .

Is Ireland at sometime going to do the same at some point ie collect prints and photos . Where will it end .As I asked earlier will such procedures in the US and Japan actually serve any useful purpose apart from the IDs of half the world .Scary 1984 ish and beyond .[/QUOTE]

Goverment already have my fingerprints and photo:):)

Many Governments have been talking about,even some have started DNA databases of whole populations .That will be next I suppose and we will all be going around with a barcode .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Baron_Kunkel

User45701 wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mhmhmhqlqlsn/

Japan has started to finger print and photo all visitors, I dont get why people care, They are looking for terrorists i dont see why anyone would care about a backround check being run on them because if anyone can suggest a reason why you would not want a backround check on you because i cant think of a reason why i wouldent want one.

I dont see the problem and wanted to get a general idea, thats why i posted here instead of politics because you are not allowed to post polls there and allot of people on AH would vote

What's AH?

What's AH?

Alfred Hitchcock:cool::cool:
    only messing

After Hours

Or Adolf Hitler maybe?

Alex Higgins? @ss #ole? Ahm Hungry? Any other Suggestions?

Or Adolf Hitler maybe?

Alan Hansen:D:D

• Advertisement

Scottish Footballer I know. But a Terrorist!? I can't believe that!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I dont really care

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Dont care. Ive nothing to hide. Why the fudge anyone would want my identity is a mystery but if someone stole it sure it'd be a funny story to tell down the pub i guess. If marketers get it, what of it? They might sell me something i want? If i dont want it i wont buy it. Dont see how me just being another name on a list of millions of people would matter a ****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    As far as I can recall the majority of terrorist activities in the past and present have resulted in attacks on a country or its troops abroad where that country is occupying a nation or dispute over sovernignty etc So the lesson is do not meddle in other nations and terrorism will cease .

you've just allowed hitler and the german nation win world war 2 with that argument

faceman wrote: »
    you've just allowed hitler and the german nation win world war 2 with that argument

With respect ,I dont think that is a valid example. Terrorism is the term coined by an Occupying force,a valid Government etc against people or groups that attack or destroy that institution whether internally or from another country .In Hitlers case it was all out war .I stand to be corrected on the exact definition of course.

Advertisement