Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old People At Atm Machines

Options
  • 25-10-2007 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

why does every old person take AGES at a bank machine only to print out
    a statement and walk off
    was at one yesterday when it start beeping and flashing at the old deer
    saying "DO YOU WANT MORE TIME" and she turned around to me and told me it must be broken !!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I was about to queue up for an atm at a bank machine on baggott street when the young woman who must have been trying to get a tenner out:rolleyes: told everyone the machine wasn't working and they should use the other one everyone did:D and left rob to get perfect service from a perfectly working machine.

the moral of this story is people are quite stupid at bank machines.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Don't understand what there is to take ages about, tbh. Put card in, punch numbers, punch button for amount, remove card, walk away. Where's the confusion???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

They are always good for a mugging though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

They take so long cos they're trying to have a wee chat with it about Mavis around the corner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dinxminx wrote: »
    Don't understand what there is to take ages about, tbh. Put card in, punch numbers, punch button for amount, remove card, walk away. Where's the confusion???

Can I queue up behind you? You left out "take money"... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Come back to me in fifty years time when the ATM is showing a touch-sensitive holographic projection in front of you, and you're pressing on the wall saying, "I think it's broken, the keys don't work". ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

seamus wrote: »
    Come back to me in fifty years time when the ATM is showing a touch-sensitive holographic projection in front of you, and you're pressing on the wall saying, "I think it's broken, the keys don't work". ;)

hahahah fair enough!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Don't you just love those people (some of which are young) who cannot operate an ATM without a mobile phone glewed to their ear, chatting away and taking more time than is necessary at the ATM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

woman are terribly slow at atm's, if there is a queue of woman ... knightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Old people: taking up our valuable oxegyn. Should be put in a special hospice and gassed like badgers.

(c) Alexei Sayle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

roughan wrote: »
    why does every old person take AGES at a bank machine only to print out
    a statement and walk off
    was at one yesterday when it start beeping and flashing at the old deer
    saying "DO YOU WANT MORE TIME" and she turned around to me and told me it must be broken !!!! :)

If a deer was using the atm, I'm not surprised it took so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I was just going to say that bluewolf. It the hooves you see, they can't press the little buttons properly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MooseJam wrote: »
    The same could be said about lads that cannot remember if they have a balance left, always having to run an inquiry before withdrawing?

the ones that piss me off most of all are the people who just stand there arranging the money in their wallet, can't you **** off and do that elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Imagine having to travel to work on a bus full of the feckers, counting out their pennies to pay the fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

the ones that piss me off most of all are the people who just stand there arranging the money in their wallet, can't you **** off and do that elsewhere
    I do that. I don't want to turn around and advertise that I have a large sum of cash in my hand.

Old people probably can't read the screen. i know i can't and i'm young and fit.

The programs have also changed recently on the machines to ask new questions. This disruption in the routine is going to cause problems for anyone. Especially older people.

Moral of the story... be more patient. It will be you one day. Maybe by then society will be gassing their elderly and you'll have your solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

[Rant]Wtf is up with people who say ATM machines? That's what the 'M' in 'ATM' is for!

The worst are the people who have to try out loads of different ATM cards. Just take your money and get the fúck out of there. Have the banks installed games on them or what takes people so long?[/Rant over]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

What's your rush anyway?

umm don't like queueing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

There should be more ATM's in Dublin. I was in Bratislava last month and there's ATM's everywhere. You can choose what language you want and they even printed out my balance on the receipts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'm sure most of the old people are as good at using the ATMs as most of the so called whizz kids here are at basic spelling.... fcukin appalling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Who is this Knight you speak of? Does he know of Camelot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Less ATMs machines, oh the hilarity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Why is it that women always seem to have more than one card to withdraw money at atm's ? I hate getting stuck behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

daniel3982 wrote: »
    Imagine having to travel to work on a bus full of the feckers, counting out their pennies to pay the fare.

Pennies? Shirley day have a buspass if their old deers?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Don't you just love those people (some of which are young) who cannot operate an ATM without a mobile phone glewed to their ear, chatting away and taking more time than is necessary at the ATM?

no, it makes me want to get stabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pipsss

what about the feckers who check their money 3 times and still cant get it right !!!!i would nt mind but at 10 at night who can they complain to if its wrong!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

leave the oaps alone,if they werent here you wont be here GET SO RESPECT PLEASE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

FatherTed wrote: »
    What's your rush anyway?

Quite simply, people who cant complete an ATM withdrawal in under 50 seconds shouldnt be allowed to have an ATM card. They should have their card blocked by some system that measures the duration of their previous 5 ATM visits. If you are blocked, too bad. Go to the bank once a week and withdraw a lump of cash in person. Cant get to the bank? Your own hard luck Im afraid.

In a related point, people who buy groceries or stuff in the offy using a laser or credit card and hold up the queue shouldnt be allowed out on their own, and shouldnt be allowed access to either cash or cards due to their complete lack of intelligence.

Have to say ive never seen an elderly person use an ATM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the worse is spending a few minutes in the queue behind some one who dont start looking for their card till its thier turn at the machine, couldn't they have done that whilst they were queuing

Advertisement