Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Little Things that Annoy You

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

longshanks wrote: »
    badgers, is there any point to them?

if there were no badgers, would this http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com website have ever existed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Irish people who use Americanisms -
    • Mom
    • Awesome
    • 24/7 (grrrr)
    • Its LIKE so cool.

Tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Unwanted relatives calling up un-announced and staying all f*cking day, no sign of leaving.....and their stupid f*ckin kids running up and down the stairs, slamming doors and making noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

People who dont use their indicators.

Ha, awesome that this thread is still going (in your face SassySarah!)

Uhm, I hate when it rains while you're working into work, and you have to spend the next 5 hours in damp slacks.

In work: When you give detailed instructions as to where a customers screen is, yet they get lost and then tell you that you gave bad instructions. Or when someone complains and blames us for how expensive our products are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when you are in a queue at starbucks for like 10 minutes and then when the person in front of you then preceeds to ask, what's the best coffee to get?

audiences at television darts games. seriously like wtf?

having christmas exams after christmas and the madness of what the library will be like.

people who state they like all kinds of music, then go on to mention the most generic interchangeable bands they know

two abreast on a travelator/esclator fair enough if you don't want to walk but at least allow people to get passed.

people who walk like tourists down grafton street.

people who can't use indicators

people who feel like doing 80km/h on the outside lane of the m50.

stupid speed limits on dual carriage ways of 60km/h or country roads that are slightly wider than my hand with limits of 80km/h

people who give you real dirty looks in dundrum town centre's carpark when your tyres squeel.

women who complain about the cold whilst wearing skirts/leggings.

over emotional people who get upset about the littlest of things.

think that's about it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

People who stand at the till in a shop waiting for all of their items to be scanned and only after they've been told the total price will they start the slow process of getting their handbag off their shoulder, struggling to get it open, searching for the purse for a godawful time before realising that it's in their pocket, taking it out, again struggling to get it open, finding the money, counting it out, then realising that they haven't enough, trying to find a suitable credit card, forgetting their pin, remembering their pin, asking for cashback, and finally completing the transaction, but of course then there's bag packing to be done...

Ok maybe a slight exaggeration but I'm sure everyone gets the point. I always have my money in my hand and, in the case of just one or two items, counted so I don't cause such a riot-inducing fiasco.

That and people that use excessively long sentences!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I really hate when you make toast and want to butter it but you take the butter out of the fridge too late and it clumps on the toast and you end up poking holes in your toast so your breakfast is ruined.

Worse than racism it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Cremo wrote: »
    people who state they like all kinds of music, then go on to mention the most generic interchangeable bands they know

I agree.
    People who say that or similar stuff like 'I love a bit of everything' / 'I listen to all sorts - from classical to heavy metal' tend to be quite narrow-minded, unadventurous and generally ignorant about music once you scratch the surface and dig deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

people who walk slowly in town

I don't care if you're a tourist, when you're in Dublin city you walk quickly with your head down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

People messing up quote tags here on boards. If you're too stupid to quote properly, your opinion won't be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

agamemnon wrote: »
    People messing up quote tags here on boards. If you're too stupid to quote properly, your opinion won't be taken seriously.

So true! And then it gets all messed up when you try to quote them so you have to actually spend time fixing it and it's not really worth it.

Shop assistants who don't know the refund policy and make it up as they go along annoy me. Or shop assistants who don't know where something is when you ask and instead of finding out, point you in the general direction of where they think it might be. (This happened to me twice a supermarket yesterday and both people pointed me in different directions for the same item and I still couldn't find it so I went elsewhere.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

People who dont indicate
    Impatient motorists
    Flocks of foreign students that invade the town every summer
    Hen/Stag parties acting the gobsh!te on the train
    Parents ramming my ankles with buggies/prams
    Emo
    Tailgaters
    Drivers who accelarate through pedestrian crossings
    Parents with holier-than-thou attitude to their offspring
    Sandwich shops which assume you like mayonnaise - pfff none of that fancy stuff please...just Butter
    Timber framed houses with partition walls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Being asked 'where can I find x?' while walking around Superquinn during my lunch hour.
    Just because I wear a shirt and tie doesn't mean I work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

oh and another one...

when people can't decide for themselves and rely on others to make a decision for them.
    when people contact you on an IM and say "hey" you reply back and nothing for like 5 minutes? not annoying but gives me a slight case of wtf?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

• people walking slowly
    • people stopping at the end of escalators
    • short people with umbrellas
    • tall people with umbrellas
    • people who wait until the top of the quele to ge their wallet/purses out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

People who put their mobile phone on loudspeaker and hold it away from their head when they make or receive a call. The next person to do that around me gets a right good old-fashioned stabbing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

In the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

People who over fill pet food bowls,And then visitors come in and kick the bowl and food and water goes everywhere.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Motorists who think that cycle tracks were a great invention to widen the road and dodge ramps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

As you sleep you are a few hours closer to death. I hate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

canned laughter on television programmes, seriously do we need to be told when to laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

After you've told someone you have lost something and they say "Oh,Where did you lose it?

That is so annonying.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Jackus

Fences, fences fences everywhere in dublin. Without them i would go to shopping centre in 5 mins but now it takes mi about 15 mins. There is nice grass-land behind my house, but surrounded by fence of course. Why? Is there anything that should be secured against robbers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

angelsfire wrote: »
    When you're driving down the road and a sign 2 miles back says one lane is closed and the idiots who stay in that closed lane until they can't go any farther and then expect you to let the bastards IN!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

That's recommended driving practice; and law in Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands - don't drive there. "Merge in turn", e.g. you wait until the lane closes and you merge in to the remaining lane one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

People who when talking have to use there hands to demonstrate everything,i usually find myself ignoring what they're saying and just staring at there hands wondering what the **** is going on.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Jackus

Da Bomber wrote: »
    People who when talking have to use there hands to demonstrate everything,i usually find myself ignoring what they're saying and just staring at there hands wondering what the **** is going on.

That is all.
    Do You mean immigrants with poor english? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Da Bomber wrote: »

That is all.

ha ha thats the funniest thing i've read all day cuz it's so true!!!! I've a friend like that and all I'm thinking is what the hell are you doing!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

People that lean their head back on the hand rails on the luas, where my hand is. Other men's heads are the most disgusting things ive ever felt.

Interesting sidenote* to that story. Said man went to try & open the door when the luas had to stop before crossing o'connell st & then had to stand there pulling 'whoops' heads for a good 75 to 90 seconds. Ha!

*it's not that interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

This bloke I work with, everyday he has one of those microwave ready meals.

He proceeds to stab it about 57 times with a fork, making lots of fcuking horrible noise when I just want to chill and relax on my break.

It says pierce the film once or twice will do. Its just to let air escape, not oblitirate the funking thing.

He's a real noisy eater too.

That guy p1sses me off...

Advertisement