Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Little Things that Annoy You

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The teen in the Bus office in o connal street who gave me an obnoxious look when i politley asked could i use her pen to fill in my bus pass application ,run home to mommy girl, and also the girl behind the desk counter in the same bus office who decided to have a chat on the phone with mary from invoice as in ....' Ah Mary how are ya ? ...did ya really ? .... tisin't that shocking ?' , while i and about 20 other people waited for service.

God forbid if we should come between you and you chat with mary girl ,.......isint that shocking ,and all in one place in one day eh ? ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

-Crowed shops during sale time..
    -Clothes thrown everywhere during sale time..
    -Clothes on rails during sale time..i like things neat and infront of me..Im not a one for searching..
    -When people don't put the plastic down in the cereal box after using it..I would like fresh cereal thanks!
    -When the last person to finish the toilet roll doesnt replace it/people thereafter..doesn't take 2seconds!
    -People walking behind you when your reversing into a space..ejits!
    -When people don't close doors after themselves
    -When theres no milk in the fridge
    -Queues

Thats all I can think of for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

irritating dwarves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

katieboo wrote: »
    People who wait 10 minutes at the bus stop but only start looking for their change when they step on the bus. Does my fu*cking head in. I mean you know you are getting the bus, you know you have to pay, have your fu*king change ready - dickheads!!

Its the same at the toll bridge when some muppet drives into the auto fare lane, and then goes to their pocket/change purse/sock to get the correct change. DO IT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE, MORON.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

People who talk alot and say nothing.

People who spell a lot as one word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

People who stop at the bottom of escalators to decide which way to go next.

People who think queuing means standing idly in the vicinity of the person using whatever service they are waiting on while doing their best to disguise the fact they are waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Business students and there 12 hours a week.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Slow internet connections

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

- Wreckhead customers

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

People who say things like

"...sick sh1t of something" instead of "...sh1t sick of something"

"...to step foot in..." instead of "...to set foot in..."

"...blood cold sober..." I mean, WTF like

The type of housemate that insists that they always wash up after themselves trying to exempt themselves from sorting the mountain in the sink that inevitably appears sooner or later. Yeah well so do I so how is it I am washing all this stuff. Bet you keep your own bog roll in your room too you retard.

That's better - I'm grand again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

****ing idiots with prams/buggys, usually women, who decide the best place to hold a conversation with someone is in the ****ing doorway of a building/shopping centre. there could be 300 thousand square feet on the other side of the door but noooooo, they have to talk in the one place that discomodes the rest of civilisation. they do the same thing at escalators too.

ignorant pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

People on a packed train who move towards the door behind the people getting off at the stop before them. I hope that makes sense! As in you're standing back to let people get off and the last person stops right in front of you and is getting off at the next stop :mad: The people crammed at the doorway are entitled to get off first! argh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

nintendo wii's being sold out for crimbo:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Never ever having change for the bus...

... in fact never having any money to go out in general.

Although that annoys everyone I guess. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭jimmysull

I fundamentaly don't like the taste of tomatoes, I gag when my tongue tastes the pulpy bit! (and yes I do like Ketchup, it doesn't taste like tomatoes)

It is the one food that you are guaranteed to get with a sandwich, meal, burger etc unless you specifically ask not to!

People in sandwich shops even go into autopilot with them. You ask for lettuce, onion and peppers and guess what you get, tomatoes!

I went to a cafe on South William street on a visit to dublin last month and everything on the menu had tomatoes in it except the "green salad" so I ordered the green salad. Guess what the main ingredient in the "Green salad" was???...Tomatoes! which to me are not green but hey?
    NEVER assume! always specify!
    People who like tomatoes never understand this irritation, anyone else have the same experiences with the dreaded tomato?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

People asking me if I'm ok all the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dceire wrote: »
    People asking me if I'm ok all the time!!!

you ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

jimmysull wrote: »
    I fundamentaly don't like the taste of tomatoes, I gag when my tongue tastes the pulpy bit! (and yes I do like Ketchup, it doesn't taste like tomatoes)

It is the one food that you are guaranteed to get with a sandwich, meal, burger etc unless you specifically ask not to!

People in sandwich shops even go into autopilot with them. You ask for lettuce, onion and peppers and guess what you get, tomatoes!

I went to a cafe on South William street on a visit to dublin last month and everything on the menu had tomatoes in it except the "green salad" so I ordered the green salad. Guess what the main ingredient in the "Green salad" was???...Tomatoes! which to me are not green but hey?
    NEVER assume! always specify!
    People who like tomatoes never understand this irritation, anyone else have the same experiences with the dreaded tomato?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SUNGOD wrote: »
    and the expression "he wanted to have his cake and eat it " why on earth would you want a cake if you couldnt eat it

Actually I had this one explained to me. I also thought it was retarded until I understood it. The idea is, you want to still have your cake after you've eaten it. As in, after the guy eats his cake he goes "Aww, I miss my cake". Well dude, you can't have your cake and eat it.

Not very intuitive I admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

When you're driving down the road and a sign 2 miles back says one lane is closed and the idiots who stay in that closed lane until they can't go any farther and then expect you to let the bastards IN!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Funny, blogged about this today on the link in my sig (shameless promotion, I know)
    1. When you’re trying to eat a slice of pizza and the cheese doesn’t break off properly and burns your chin or just stretches out endlessly.

2. When you walk into a room and forget why you went there

3. When people are taking ages at the ATM machine. What could they possibly be doing that takes so long?

4.When you go bed earlier with the intention of getting an early night and then not being able to sleep.

5. When you have a missed call on your phone from a private/withheld number.

6. Waiting at the damn bus stop for ages, when everyone else’s bus seems to be coming every minute.

7. When you find yourself somewhere surrounded by other people’s screaming children.

8. When you put your hand under a table and find someone else’s old chewing gum stuck there

9. When everyone else’s line in a shop is moving so much faster than yours.

10. When you get into the shower and it’s freezing on your poor naked body

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I really hate people that just stand on an escalator.

Especially two standing together grrrrrrrrrrrr......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

When you change lanes to the one that seems to be going faster, but then it stops and the other lane speeds up:mad:

People who don't agree with my point of view, stupid bastards.

People who complain about waiting on buses, buy a fúcking car you cocknose!!!

Parents who don't discipline their children.

Children who aren't disciplined.

Children.

Gobshítes who tuck their tracksuit bottoms in their socks.

Morons who wear dolce and gabbana tracksuits.

Parents who bring their children to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Stinky essays and dissertations.

When people respond to threads without reading them properly and go into rants.

The sight of wrists freaks me out so much! I can't even look at my own.

Veins.

Getting poked in places where there’s skin but no bones, e.g. your ankles or temples.

People tipping me to get my attention. I have to repress the urge to turn around and hit them!

When my socks roll down too low.

When people lick their fingers,

When I loan someone a pen and they suck on it.

Prissy vicious dogs especially Pomeranians.

Stupid girls that giggle all the time.

Girls that ruin themselves with fake tan and dress for college like their going out on the town. You look like frozen umpa lumpas!

People who overdo eye contact.

When people have strong unwavering opinions on things they actually know nothing about.

People that stay ages at ATM's! What are you doing?!

Scanger teenagers that play dance music that sounds like the chipmunks out loud on the bus.

Scanger fashion among teenagers.

Bold children and their parents that won’t discipline them properly.

People who don’t give up their seats for elderly people on public transport.

Anything like eurostar, X factor or American idol.

Reality TV in general.

Cold Sores.

My inability to concentrate.

Condoms (I'm allergic to latex)

The cold.

Rain.

Wind.

Winter.

Daniel O Donnel.

Not getting enough sleep.

Spelling and grammar Nazis on this thread. I'm afraid to so much as leave out a comma.

Stuck up cliquey people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Having a bad day Imred?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Cathooo wrote: »
    Having a bad day Imred?

Yep!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

when the radio plays songs that you dont like...and quite frankly cant understand why anyone else would like them either so are confused as to why they play them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

When he doesnt spray in the bathroom after himself.

Or when he leaves his jocks on the floor beside the wash basket.

Or when he puts on a wash, even though I have warned him several times not to wash my clothes. ( My frillys are never the same after he has boil washed the **** out of them.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

So, what are those things that annoy you..

Wimmin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Willie O'Dea

Advertisement