Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best Chinese takeaway in Waterford?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Anyone have any thoughts on Wongsons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Meadows wrote: »
    it appears your compounding the problem by responding to my post

Touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Anyone have any thoughts on Wongsons?
    Didn't try them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irelandjnr

I would not recommend Fan Dynasty above the Uluru. I ate there before and didn't enjoy it (I can make better) and they charged us additional for rice (about €4pp) for our sit down meal which my table thought was the stingiest thing they've ever heard.

irelandjnr wrote: »
    they charged us additional for rice

Do you think rice is free then?

• Advertisement

Do you think rice is free then?

Obviously rice is not 'free' but most places include into the cost of the meal. Normally if you get say a Sweet and sour chicken the rice is included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I would not recommend Fan Dynasty above the Uluru. I ate there before and didn't enjoy it (I can make better) and they charged us additional for rice (about €4pp) for our sit down meal which my table thought was the stingiest thing they've ever heard.

FYI It's not Fan Dynasty anymore. It's called Golden Jade or something like that. When the change of ownership/name occurred they brought in the charge for the rice/chips which had previously been free with a main course.

Obviously rice is not 'free' but most places include into the cost of the meal. Normally if you get say a Sweet and sour chicken the rice is included in the price.

Depends on the pricing structure of the establishment. Either you pay separately or it's "included" - either way you still pay for it. Would you have preferred a price increase on the main meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irelandjnr

FYI It's not Fan Dynasty anymore. It's called Golden Jade.

I see. When did it change to The Golden Jade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭dzilla

Noddle box nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the thread title in heavily Chinese accented English due to the bad grammar in the title...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the thread title in heavily Chinese accented English due to the bad grammar in the title...

City wok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I see. When did it change to The Golden Jade?

About 6 months ago I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

dzilla wrote: »
    Noddle box nom

Yucky Yucky place. Never got the hype for it.

Once after a nightclub i got a hot chilli chicken noodle box and wait for it found a bone in it.

Then another time i ordered something off just eat went to pick it up they said no you cant have rice over chips ?. So i said you can keep it and walked out.

Then Cantan or what ever its called the place access from the peoples park one night i was hungry and ordered something off just eat and said i wonted the sauce on the side when it came they wonted 50c extra for sauce on the side what a joke charging for sauce on the side.

But still i miss imperial Garden as there lunch used to be very cheap and good valve and went once a week for like a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭dzilla

Once after a nightclub i got a hot chilli chicken noodle box and wait for it found a bone in it.

they should have charged you extra

Advertisement