Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best Chinese takeaway in Waterford?

Options
  • 21-10-2007 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

So Where best Chinese takeaway in Waterford?. I now live in Dublin, but is Johnny Jumbos in Ballybricken still there. My favourite. First meal from there curry chip, best one ever, the place got me hooked on chinese food.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

brigadear wrote: »
    So Where best Chinese takeaway in Waterford?..

firstly are you posting in broken english just to make this thred more authentic if so i will continue in the same vein". best chinese used be on ballybricken now best be maxim house me like it .it very nice thank you please"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv seen a lot worse from yourself Sungod, so take it easy there on the poor lad! :)

brigadear: Never got chinese in the city, but always found Dynasty in Tramore pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Treasure Island in Johns Park is nice. Also handy for me as it's only 2 mins down the road.

Sully wrote: »
    Iv seen a lot worse from yourself Sungod, so take it easy there on the poor lad! :)

!
    i know ,when i think about it i have some cheek, ok i like the golden mountain down by the park inn for curries and i like the silver star up by the cleaboy for seazuan ,cant comment on tramore as i have not got one there but i have good friends who live in tramore and they say dynasty is fairly good. one thing that annoys me about some places is that if you dont specify breast of chicken curry they feel they can give you any ****ty bits of chicken they have left .i have got curries before and not specified and they have been cat .just read over the last line didnt actualliy mean it but what harm its quite apt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kensutz wrote: »
    Treasure Island in Johns Park is nice. Also handy for me as it's only 2 mins down the road.

Treasure not bad. Also very handy I am also only 2 mins away .. hmmm are we neighbours ...........
    But for me the HAPPY GARDENS is the best for takeaways. The MAXIM HOUSE is a lovely place for a sit down meal , nice atmosphere and the booths give it a real private feel. For a early bird menus, check the one served in J PALACE..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

canton by d park for a half n half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Kongs is the job out on the Dunmore road. Veg curry rules above all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Maybe ROCKMAN, I'm in Cherrymount. Also Johnny Fans above the Uluru gets my vote. Always enjoy it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Maybe ROCKMAN, I'm in Cherrymount. Also Johnny Fans above the Uluru gets my vote. Always enjoy it there.

KILCOHAN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

SUNGOD wrote: »
    i know ,when i think about it i have some cheek, ok i like the golden mountain down by the park inn for curries and i like the silver star up by the cleaboy for seazuan ,cant comment on tramore as i have not got one there but i have good friends who live in tramore and they say dynasty is fairly good. one thing that annoys me about some places is that if you dont specify breast of chicken curry they feel they can give you any ****ty bits of chicken they have left .i have got curries before and not specified and they have been cat .just read over the last line didnt actualliy mean it but what harm its quite apt

another thing that annoys you is people putting basins in a sink. apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

but to keep to the original topic, i like the chinese down by the park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I like the Happy Garden, the last time i got a take away from the maxim it was rotten. I like the jade house in Ballybricken as well. for a Sit down it's got to be either Johnny Fans on High St. or the above Uluru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

trishw78 wrote: »
    I like the Happy Garden, the last time i got a take away from the maxim it was rotten. I like the jade house in Ballybricken as well. for a Sit down it's got to be either Johnny Fans on High St. or the above Uluru

I think the chinese above the uluru is excellent, mind you one day when i was in there for dinner i saw a woman holding a small poodle in the kitchen :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Best Chinese Takeaways

1st. Kongs
    2nd Fans Dynasty
    3rd. Jade Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

brigadear wrote: »
    ..First meal from there curry chip, best one ever, the place got me hooked on chinese food.

curry chip is Chinese food? :confused::D

I vote Johnny Fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I think it's safe to say anything that Johnny Fan is involved in is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

trishw78 wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say anything that Johnny Fan is involved in is good.

Quite. The Fan dynasty is truly a dynasty. The Fans have restaurants all over the UK and Ireland. The Fans have been on these isles since the 1950's. With over 50 years experience in the industry, I'd say they should be one of the best.

benifa wrote: »
    Quite. The Fan dynasty is truly a dynasty. The Fans have restaurants all over the UK and Ireland. The Fans have been on these isles since the 1950's. With over 50 years experience in the industry, I'd say they should be one of the best.

hence the saying "fann,tastic" or the saying "stop fanninging about " probabaly shouted if you were acting too fann tastic

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

i really have to disagree with you there, it is the worst chinese in the city by a long shot, the meat is like soggy rubber that has been marinated for a week, and to top it off my missus got a big black hair in her dish, needless to say we have never eaten out of there since,
    i drive to the one above the uluru for a take away, they do smahing take away albeit its a little bit more expensive but its worth it, and the young asian girl working in there is a babe as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Bards

i really have to disagree with you there, it is the worst chinese in the city by a long shot, the meat is like soggy rubber that has been marinated for a week, and to top it off my missus got a big black hair in her dish, needless to say we have never eaten out of there since,
    i drive to the one above the uluru for a take away, they do smahing take away albeit its a little bit more expensive but its worth it, and the young asian girl working in there is a babe as well !

Young Aisan girl (Laura) is Johnny Fans daughter and manager/owner :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Both Fan restaurants are quite good. My bf's parents love Chinese food and the Uluru is one of their favourite stops.

Haven't gone to the one in the city centre in ages though as we went in one night (Might have been Mothering Sunday) and the prices were inflated on a 'special' menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

hey anyone have a number for jade house on ballybricken?stuck in work until 8,cheers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

hey anyone have a number for jade house on ballybricken?stuck in work until 8,cheers.

Might be to late.. but 11850.ie helped:- Tel: 051 854911

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

not too lata at all,cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had something from the place by Uluru yesterday and twas nice, there was lots of it too.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Fans above the Uluru is definitely the best. Happy Gardens used to be quite nice too, and Treasure Inn on ballybricken is ok in a pinch. Jumbos can be hit and miss. Jade - urk! maxim - urk! both used to be great but gone downhill IMO.
    Golden Rod used to be great - anyone remember the dude that used to deliver the takeout? Hilarious man, but he was highly scary if confronted with him at your door if you've had a few too many. Waaay too enthusiastic and happy for his own good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Treasure Island is nice for a curry....oriental gardens in town do a nice few dishes...the one over the Uluruis def the nicest in town

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

#1, Kongs

No need for a top 10.
    The food is just perfect every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Was there any need to resurrect a 4 year old thread?,when you could of just posted it in the most recent one on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

it appears your compounding the problem by responding to my post

Advertisement