Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much make up do you own?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sugarcubemakeup

god im a makeup artist, so i own soooooooooo much makeup.....but then again it's my job to!
    i tried to count how much it be worth the other day and i stopped when i got to over two grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I bought some foundation, eye shadow & mascara last year, first time in 15 years. I have a lot of lipsticks though, that's all I generally use. Foundation & mascara are gone now, into a black hole in my daughter's bedroom, I used them once and before I put any of it on, one of my daughter's friends asked me, "do you know how to put on make-up", she even offered to come and help me to put it on properly, "not likely", says I, as she puts it on herself as if trowels are going out of business. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Good god.
    I have lovely bourgeois foundation, concealer and mascara.
    And 2 eyeshadows.
    Thats about it.

And my boyfriend thinks thats too much, haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I have one mabeline eyeshadow, i dream matte mousse foundation and pinl lip gloss (all mabeline) I only wear minimal makeup at weekends for going out.
    I never got into the whole make up thing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

concealer stick (i have horrible bags under my eyes :( )
    loose powder
    eyebrow pencil
    5 eyeshadows
    mascara
    lip balm

then i've a ton of other crap i never use. i've never actually bought any make up, my mum's a pharmacist and its pretty much all samples n stuff she brings home. had a nice eyeshadow tester pallette for ages (pretty much totally unused) tho its getting a bit manky now cause there's no cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ivicia

I have 5 foundation. 3 liquids, 1 I went off but will use up, 1 that I use now and a new one I'm trying out. The other are compacts for topping up during the day if needed.

Other than that I have the usual bits and pieces that would fill a small peddal bin. I know that I don't have as much as some of my pals.

I have 2 small glasses with brushes and clean them about once a month with a cleanser and then my good shampoo. Some of my brushes cost cira €50 so I treat them well as my own hair. :D

I saw that link beforeand OMG that one needs help.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

don't worry i'm as bad! my makeup just gathers and i love to try new things too, i have somewhere between 6 eyeliners :D However, whenever i find a product I usually stick to it! It is so much cheaper :) As for eyeshadow... you can never have enough but make sure you have at least one stable colour like brown :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

3 foundations, one is nearly empty and I don't use it anymore it's my old brand of foundation, one of them I also don't use as it's a smidgen to dark for me so only use one of them.
    3 powders - use two of them
    1 mascara
    1 eyeliner(rarely used)
    1 lipglosss(never used)
    a pallette of no.7 blushers and eyeshadows(never used)
    2 eyeshadows(rarely used)

Usually only use a bit of foundation and powder to smooth out my skin tone and a bit of mascara.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

metro%20train%20case.jpg

I got this little baby over Xmas for storing my makeup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

Pythia wrote: »
    metro%20train%20case.jpg

I got this little baby over Xmas for storing my makeup.

Is that a Solia train case?

• Advertisement

I own a great set of Mac brushes.

I only wear make up for special occasions, and as it goes off I tend to kidnap my sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Cupcakes wrote: »
    Is that a Solia train case?

I don't know. It's from Sephora in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

i own a good bit but don't use mostly any of it, all i use really is foundation, used to use dream matte mousse by maybelline, it ran out so i got the rimmel version. It isn't half as good imo so I was in Madrid and there was a MAC shop so i bought some foundation for 32 euro, eyeliner for 16 euro and an eyeshadow brush for 24 euro.

all i really put on in the morning is foundation, eyeliner and mascara,...and maybe some eyeshadow( can't be too noticeable for school ha!)

Advertisement