Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements under investigation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

SpAcEd OuT wrote: »
    Are the PHs gone as well or do the IMB even know they exist...

So far gone they're probably on Pluto by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dragan wrote: »
    Thermobol by Maximuscle gone due to B vit content.

Is this simply because a listed dosage is more the the RDA of B vitamins?

Is a loophole simply overlabelling a product with a lower recommended dosage, so it then falls short of the RDA? and then people just make up their own mind what to do.

This overnight ban is crazy and unfair, it would be sad to see the likes of Jon stuck with product which is essentially OK. FFS they gave a years notice before the smoking ban was introduced to allow people to "prepare", and there was a hell of a lot more peoples health being adversely affected during that year than a few vitamins would have done.

Even a months notice would allow a quick sale of surplus stock in a legal manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

say if i ordered some stuff from the states would they check it in post because i ordered no xplode from bb.com and im still waiting for it to arrive. Would it be confiscated? or is it chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

#Smokey# wrote: »
    say if i ordered some stuff from the states would they check it in post because i ordered no xplode from bb.com and im still waiting for it to arrive. Would it be confiscated? or is it chance?

It'll probably never get to you.

theres always hope and its by fedex too. also theres animal pak in it also will i get that if it is intercepted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

theres always hope and its by fedex too. also theres animal pak in it also will i get that if it is intercepted

If it's fedex then it's gone....they all get checked.

And Animal Pak will get wiped on you as well.

but my animal pak is safe and legal. thats a load of bull. And they wonder why crime is increasing when they force us to try to get safe supplements from shady characters.They are adding more ways for criminals to get money.These supplements were approved by EU and US . Only in Ireland i swear

but my animal pak is safe and legal. thats a load of bull. And they wonder why crime is increasing when they force us to try to get safe supplements from shady characters.They are adding more ways for criminals to get money.These supplements were approved by EU and US . Only in Ireland i swear

I could be off the mark but i reckon the Animal Pak is WELL Over RDA's on lots of vits?

Thats your opinion and i respect that but its great for me overall. no side effects and ive been on them since july.
    Also can you suggest something along the lines of animal stak to get if there are any other similar products that arent banned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

I could be off the mark but i reckon the Animal Pak is WELL Over RDA's on lots of vits?

Animal Pak is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the RDA's - scarily so !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭hardtrainer

Just to play devils advocate, but if someone were to read through this thread they might be forgiven for thinking that everyone here were addicted to their fitness supplements :D

The IMB have every right to demand that the products are removed from sale. They don't have to justify their decision. The law is very plain and simple in this matter.

I agree with T-Ha's sentiment. Why do folks need so many supplements for their training?

I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I've tried all kinds of things over the years, but honestly, I don't think they are of much benefit. Placebo effect plays a very important role in their sale I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1-AD is no longer sold quite possibly the best legal supplement out there.

I would convey my sense of anger at this stupid ruling but it would amount to little more than a page of obscenities.

Jon wrote: »
    Animal Pak is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the RDA's - scarily so !!

Out of interest jon what are you going to do with all the extra supplements you have

SpAcEd OuT wrote: »
    Out of interest jon what are you going to do with all the extra supplements you have

Eat them :D

Edited by Mod

- What did i say about talking about where to get things that are being taken off the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hansman

I'm going to England next week and really want to get hold of some no-xplode. Is it alright to bring it back into the country? Is it just illegal to sell here but alright to have?? Sry mods if shouldnt be askin but thought it wld be ok to ask about the law...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

hansman wrote: »
    I'm going to England next week and really want to get hold of some no-xplode. Is it alright to bring it back into the country? Is it just illegal to sell here but alright to have?? Sry mods if shouldnt be askin but thought it wld be ok to ask about the law...

NO it's not ok

hansman you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hansman

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this new rule meant that these supplements just had to be classed as a medicine and could only therefore be sold by pharmacies and medical people.I dont think it means the product is banned period it's just not allowed to be sold in the way it was. Is this correct? Wouldnt this mean I could bring some back from England??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

no the products are not banned, as far as I am aware you need to have a perscriprion to have them though, hence you can not take them in from the UK without a presciption. If you do then you are breaking the law.

All I have to say though is when was the last time you saw anyone being stopped by customs before in Dublin Airport.

That all said though if you are that dependant on a product that you are willing to bring in a controlled substance and are worried about getting caught with it, just to get through a gym session then you really need to start questioning your work out ethic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

hansman wrote: »

Honsmon, dont be ridiculous! You dont need no xplode, your big enough already! Bring me back the latest installment of abercrombie aswell you jock!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Hey guys,

just off the phone with the IMB, i have asked to speak to someone who can clearly detail the way the IMB will be acting over the coming weeks and also the reasoning behind some of the decisions they have made.

The person i was talking to wasn't a massive help, but they have guaranteed me a phone call from someone with all the answers next Tuesday.

I'll keep you all updated.

have they contacted you yet?

fatal wrote: »
    have they contacted you yet?

Not even a peep out of them, despite two more phone calls from me.

Can't say as i blame them, they hardly need to defend there position to me.

We got our visit today from the IMB. They whirled through the door all stoney faced with ID cards etc. They were actally a sound bunch, even though they took a very small amount off us.

Taken;
    Animal Pak
    No-Explode
    Ripped Fuel
    Animal Cuts
    Tribuactiv B6
    Stak
    Shock Therapy

I'm pissed over Shock therapy, I love that stuff!
    Anyway, what they said was that there was one particular guy in the media had caught onto this 'story' - and was pushing it through the various media avenues, as we've seen and they've had to act on it. Without saying too much they said a particular supplement shop based in the city centre had ruined it for everyone by continuously disregarding regulations to a mammoth degree, basically sticking 2 fingers up - and now they've had to clamp down.

Here is a link to the certain ingredients that are classed as medicinal - any product found to have these contained in it are prescription based only

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2003/en/si/0540.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Thats wierd they didn't take his animal pak, with over 900 instock they probly didn't have big enough vans...

There are two variations of Animal Pak, one sourced in Europe is within the EU guidlines on RDA's the one sourced in the states is way over. They left us with the one's we had brought in from England and cleaned us out of our American one's.

They also stated that they have extra 'patrols' now on the ports and airports watching for stuff coming in from the states and eastern europe - anything with BB.comon it WILL NOT get through - their words!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

There are two variations of Animal Pak, one sourced in Europe is within the EU guidlines on RDA's the one sourced in the states is way over. They left us with the one's we had brought in from England and cleaned us out of our American one's.

They also stated that they have extra 'patrols' now on the ports and airports watching for stuff coming in from the states and eastern europe - anything with BB.comon it WILL NOT get through - their words!

hehe, I can see the picture on the front of the paper now, 2 ripped doberman sniffer dogs that can bench twice their bodyweight standing beside a couple of triumphant customs officials holding a few tubs of NO Explode in the foregound while a couple of ex-IRA heads skip past in the background with a box of C4!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Did they just flat out TAKE your stock???

Surely you've some come back on them..? Like it's not as if they gave fair notice for you to dispose of your stock or get a refund from your suppliers or even get rid of it to non-EU countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Curious about this myself I must admit that it sounds terrible, being out of pocket for something that was grand not long ago when you got it in but since then its become illegal. They really should have given notice of their intentions long before they went confiscating things.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Did they just flat out TAKE your stock???

Surely you've some come back on them..? Like it's not as if they gave fair notice for you to dispose of your stock or get a refund from your suppliers or even get rid of it to non-EU countries.

To be honest, as far as i am aware the IMB have been working on this for years.....and the law is the law....they are perfectly entitled to just take whatever is outside of regulations.

Wish i worked in IMB.....imagine all the supps you could get!

Advertisement