Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toolbox Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pighead wrote: »
    Is the art of the toolbox dying out or is it just Pighead whos somehow missed this manly boat?

I don't know...

I've got a hell of a lot of tools, various screwdrivers (One electric), pliers, allen keys, wrenches, a soldering iron and other assorted kejiggers that I use, and they're basically just occupying various shelves and drawers. I don't actually have a box for them.

Maybe the box is dead, but tools certainly aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

theres never a goddamn allen key when you need one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a metric and imperial set!

/and loads of other stuff. I've never called out a repair man or handyman for the house.

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've got an ungainly amount of power tools - I blame coming home hungover to the power tools show on QVC early on Sunday mornings. I don't know what half of them do, and the ones I can work I've rarely to never used (laser leveller, etc). And I've four boxes full of other tools - one big RAC toolchest, and three other ones full of assorted stuff. Theres at least two huge socket sets amongst them.

In everyday use, all that ever gets out is the drill, few size drill bits, hammer, 10mm and 13mm spanners, stanley knife and snips. Which is all you need to do satellite installs, other than a ladder (which I've three of, ffs) and a signal meter (which I've way too many of also).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A small selection, half of it here, half of it back at my parent's place. Several screwdrivers (incl. mains testers), a set of allen keys, a claw hammer, a soldering iron, a multimeter, a vice-grips, a minature hacksaw, a hacksaw, a measuring tape, several snips/pliers, several multi-tools and army knives and assorted other bits and pieces picked up for one-off jobs etc.

I've never bought any power tools, I just borrow them from my dad if they are needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That reminds me, I really need a new stanley knife and a multimeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I have no toolbox but a bag so it goes where I go! I bought a 10" table saw a few weeks ago, tis the only power tool I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Terry wrote: »
    Pighead's a tool in his own right.

Incidentally, I looked at the AH ban list the other day and it tells me you are banned. Git oot.
    Post reported by Pighead. Name calling is the 2nd worse thing in the world(after bombs).

Are you saying Pighead was on the banned list? Must be some mistake. There hasn't been a more concientious or helpful poster in these parts over the last few months. Pigheads been a good boy of late and has steered well clear of any bannings. Those wild unpredictable days are well and truly over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My toolbox runneth over.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Are you saying Pighead was on the banned list?

No, the person he quoted is the one who's banned...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Post reported by Pighead. Name calling is the 2nd worse thing in the world(after bombs).

Are you saying Pighead was on the banned list? Must be some mistake. There hasn't been a more concientious or helpful poster in these parts over the last few months. Pigheads been a good boy of late and has steered well clear of any bannings. Those wild unpredictable days are well and truly over.
    Tools are good things.

Also, I was saying that Beruthial is on the ban list, not you.

Tools are good things.

Also, I was saying that Beruthial is on the ban list, not you.
    Oh. Pighead feels petty now for reporting your post. It was a rare moment of spite. Hope you don't get in trouble or lose your modship over this. You're a good man Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

anyone using a kitchen knife to undo screws deserves to lose their fingers.

also i dont so much have a big toolbox in the shed so much as two full sheds worth..

mawk wrote: »
    anyone using a kitchen knife to undo screws deserves to lose their fingers.

also i dont so much have a big toolbox in the shed so much as two full sheds worth..
    Pigheads word, that's quite an impressive amount of tools you claim to have. Although there is every possibility you may have a small todger and are trying to compensate. There is also the possibilty the two sheds you speak of are extremely small in length and width thus negating the impressiveness of it all.

How big are your sheds buddy?(to the nearest inch will do)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

When Pighead was a kid every man around the area had a huge toolbox sitting proudly on display ... pretty sure 80% of them were never used.
    Personally, I prefer not to put mine on public display except to intimate friends of the female gender. However, it definitely gets used on a reasonably regular basis.

Actually, Pighead, I think you are to be commended for not sitting round comparing notes with the males of the family on this issue ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

I have a factory. Welders included. MIG etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I was saying that Beruthial is on the ban list, not you.

That's a total slur on my good name sir!
    Retract that claim or it's pistols at dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Beruthiel wrote: »
    That's a total slur on my good name sir!
    Retract that claim or it's pistols at dawn.

Pistols it is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I hope this thread keeps going till tomorrow. That way i can get home from work this evening and take a picture of my toolbox and post it here.. Cue innuendo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Pistols it is. :D

Egg on your face there Terry. :p

I think you'll find, if you go searching, that more than one little revengful, banned muppet re-regged under my nickname - as in this case, spelt a tiny bit differently every time.
    <-- my nick name - Beruthiel
    the one on the ban list Berutheil

Now,
    about that apology....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I have a factory. Welders included. MIG etc.

Ooh, I think your factory has intimidated all the boys with their sheds and toolboxes....only one (ibh) has mentioned his since! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

dame wrote: »
    Ooh, I think your factory has intimidated all the boys with their sheds and toolboxes....only one (ibh) has mentioned his since! :D

Yea but you should see the size of my toolbox.. It's unfcuking real...
    David Michael will be the one intimidated!
    *checks the size of toolbox. Mmmn not at all disappointed*

(*feels a bit sleazy after that post. But in a good way!*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

My took box is mighty. I have everything from drills to spirit levels. To add to my manlyness, I am also sporting a hairy chest and unshaven face.

I am all that is man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Jeebus Pighead, you're not even trying anymore with these threads. The 30 year slump has hit you I see....

As for tools, the only tool I need is the 12 inch one I use for servicing. ;)

(yes.. I did leave that open for comebacks about large spanner/ratchet etc..)

my schlong is the size of a black pudding

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MooseJam wrote: »
    my schlong is the size of a black pudding

... and as lifeless as one!

Sorry, MooseJam, but totally irresistible! :D

... and as lifeless as one!
    [/SIZE]

booo urns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have a toolbox, and many screwdrivers.
    i even have a couple of power tools.
    and a chainsaw!

but in the grand scale of manly tools, i am severly lacking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement