Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Great stuff Fluffy. And it works. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

Cabbage Lite Android still working for me on eMobile. At least for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Cabbage Desktop v1.99.1 finally stopped working for me on Meteor.
    Error: (-8) Precheck: Invalid response.

Well I guess it worked for a long time after support finished but I'll miss it. :(

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Well I guess it worked for a long time after support finished but I'll miss it. :(

Meteor must have finally shut down their old webtext portal.

Unsurprisingly, it just stopped in eMobile a well. Bother. I'll miss it whenever I'm abroad.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Meteor must have finally shut down their old webtext portal.

Probably, when they changed their login way back from phone number to email address, Cabbage still connected fine using the old login method ... No more unfortunately. :(

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Unsurprisingly, it just stopped in eMobile a well. Bother. I'll miss it whenever I'm abroad.

All you need do is switch to using SwiftSMS or Irish Webtext. Both (generally) work with all the Irish networks.

Alas, I don't think there's any desktop alternative apart from using the actual network's website.

All you need do is switch to using SwiftSMS or Irish Webtext. Both (generally) work with all the Irish networks.

Alas, I don't think there's any desktop alternative apart from using the actual network's website.

I'm a tad surprised that there isn't a flutter of Progs for Desktop.......

I must be the only one still finding it useful :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Yep I'm getting the same on meteor, what a shame and the send later schedule was good in it too

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭samdeluxjones

Swift SMS & Irish webtext are both working with vodafone but I'm getting failed to send message every time even though the text is actually sent. Sent from kitkat with root access.

It's annoying but at least they are working.

Anyone else having this issue and any workarounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Swift SMS & Irish webtext are both working with vodafone but I'm getting failed to send message every time even though the text is actually sent. Sent from kitkat with root access.

It's annoying but at least they are working.

Anyone else having this issue and any workarounds?

Yea happening with Swiftsms. No fix that I know of. Thread here:http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057126777/10/#post99343441

neither SwiftSMS or Irish Webtext offer as good features as cabbage and are too basic - what a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

neither SwiftSMS or Irish Webtext offer as good features as cabbage and are too basic - what a shame :(

Have you tried the MyMeteor app?. I used to be a fan of Cabbage but I converted to using the MyMeteor app after they started offering free international, which Cabbage never supported. I am used to it now and wouldn't go back to Cabbage even if it worked. No PC app, but the Web interface has the same features.

bugfreebob wrote:
    Have you tried the MyMeteor app?. I used to be a fan of Cabbage but I converted to using the MyMeteor app after they started offering free international, which Cabbage never supported. I am used to it now and wouldn't go back to Cabbage even if it worked. No PC app, but the Web interface has the same features.

Do use the mymeteor app but fed up with having to sign in with password all the time, at least with cabbage I could just click on it and quickly send a text message without logging in. So simple.

Just used cabbage for android and its up and working again, well for me it is. Sent the text without any error message popping up this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Can it sideloaded? Anyone have the APK?

What networks are working with it? Thanks

@Fluffy88

POKE!

Cabbage Desktop is working again for me on Meteor.

I'm using the old login method of number and password.

Thanks. SwiftSMS worked fine, and Cabbage it's also working again for eMobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Thanks for all the years on the Cabbage desktop program. I switched from meteor to 3 and it appears that it is no longer supported. It was quick and easy to use and I found it generally reliable.

Cabbage Desktop is working again for me on Meteor.

Anyone got Cabbage Desktop working on O2/3? Not working for me.

Anyone got Cabbage Desktop working on O2/3? Not working for me.

It's working for me again on Meteor but I had to choose the option "Send using old method (Advanced)" in the Cabbage configuration. Are you using that?

choose the option "Send using old method (Advanced)" in the Cabbage configuration.

Tried that thanks but getting "invalid login" error.

Just a heads up - Cabbage Lite is back on Google Play, its now version 1.83 with more versions to follow.

Anyone getting an error message "Error - client protocol exception"., when setting it up for Vodafone?

jgbyr wrote: »
    Anyone getting an error message "Error - client protocol exception"., when setting it up for Vodafone?

I tried setting up for Meteor, O2 and Vodafone and none would verify.

Just tried it on an O2->3 a/c... Getting error... Request failed while trying to get remaining messages. Aborted: jave.net.unknownHostException: Unable to resolve host"www.messaging.o2online.ie". No address associated with hostname.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Got all excited yesterday, installed it and then would not go past the initial mobile verification/sign in screen :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I'm still reliant on this excellent program for sending group SMS from desktop. Unfortunately it stopped working with three.ie's webtext system yesterday. Can anyone else get it working, or let me know if the desktop app is still functional with other providers for international SMS?

Advertisement