Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mmmm Black Bastard

Options
  • 11-10-2007 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Whilst in the local shopping center (Reim, Munich) for lunch I noticed a large promotional stand with the big bold letters "BLACK BASTARD" written across a banner. After the initial shock (which lasted several minutes) I went up to the stand and found a new energy drink much like Red Bull being promotoed.

http://www.blackbastard.de/

Its seems that the general populace here haven't noticed that the name of the drink is extremely racist :eek: They even have promotional nights in the night clubs here.

I haven't tried it yet, personally I'm holding out a refreshing orange drink called "F*cking Jew", sounds nice. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They let Black Bastards into their nightclubs?!

Very odd.

good jaysais, you have to feel a bit sorry for the black lady who walks around in a vest that says 'black bastard' all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Does a black bastard taste good?

Once you go black, you'll never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The-Rigger wrote:
    Once you go black, you'll never go back.
    Pfft, marketing, they said something similar about pringles, but I actually can't stand them.

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the bastard.™

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

The-Rigger wrote:
    They let Black bastards into their nightclubs?!

Very odd.

I wish we had black bastards here....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Isnt that just a black russian no? ;)

neacy69 wrote:
    I wish we had black bastards here....

Maybe one day you will be able to wander into your local Spar or Dunnes, and the place will be wall-to-wall Black Bastards.

[/I have a dream]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I need to be very carefull where I order a Black Bastard with Coke, could get quite messy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It would probably go down well with a Dark Shag from your local tobacconist.

http://pipes.priss.org/gawith.php

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote:
    It would probably go down well with a Dark Shag from your local tobacconist.

http://pipes.priss.org/gawith.php

Always wondered what it would be like to have a shag with a black Bastard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

KTRIC wrote:
    Whilst in the local shopping center (Reim, Munich) for lunch I noticed a large promotional stand with the big bold letters "BLACK BASTARD" written across a banner. After the initial shock (which lasted several minutes) I went up to the stand and found a new energy drink much like Red Bull being promotoed.

Its seems that the general populace here haven't noticed that the name of the drink is extremely racist :eek: They even have promotional nights in the night clubs here.

I haven't tried it yet, personally I'm holding out a refreshing orange drink called "F*cking Jew", sounds nice. :rolleyes:

Have you tried Dry Sack?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

When Triumph were launching the Aclaim in Germany,they discovered the nearest translation was Seig Heil.Dunno what they ended up calling it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Oh how I love these pseudo-racist AH threads ;)

Degsy wrote:
    When Triumph were launching the Aclaim in Germany,they discovered the nearest translation was Seig Heil.Dunno what they ended up calling it..

Didn't they call it Holocaust MkIII GT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

KTRIC wrote:

oh FFS get over urself :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

KTRIC wrote:

I haven't see them up here in Sachsen yet.
    Are ye keeping all the black bastards to yeerselves in München? Sharing is caring ya know!

Ireland can't escape. What about the use of the word "Sambos"? Even saw a van in Tralee with it emblazoned on the sides.

ejmaztec wrote:
    Ireland can't escape. What about the use of the word "Sambos"? Even saw a van in Tralee with it emblazoned on the sides.

Never heard of that one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I'MMMM BAAAAAANNNNNNNNEEEEEEDDDDDDD

There someone had to say it, I didn't want to but someone had to.

• Advertisement

'oh Lord, this racism is killing me inside!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

haha that video is brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

What are ye on ??

I spent a while in Portugal and got fond of a local beer, it was like some kind of fizzy stout .. anyways!. Point being it was called something negro.

Just because Ireland and the UK are practically US states culturally speaking does not mean the rest of the world are.

The only reason we know this would be offensive is because we watch too much american TV. You think anyone in Ireland would even know the word "******" if it wasn't on American TV ?

Do any of you know how german people think of the word "bastard" ?

I've taught foreigners pog mo thoin and what it meant and when i used it to another paddy they were shocked i said it.

Different culture, different ideas.

PC sucks.

We have no idea how german people see the names and that includes black germans.

I'm curently in a country where there is a kind of caste like system (no not india) and theres crap loads to me thats weird and offensive but its their culture, their country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

The-Rigger wrote:
    Never heard of that one before.

"Sambo" is a contraction of "Sambwich"; a Dublin delicacy closely related to the "Hang Sangwich" - favoured as the staple diet of the rural folk of this great nation.
    Outside of this jurisdiction, however, it takes on a connotation similar to "porch-monkey" which may be deemed disrepectful to those of African descent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

monosharp wrote:
    What are ye on ??

I spent a while in Portugal and got fond of a local beer, it was like some kind of fizzy stout .. anyways!. Point being it was called something negro.

I live in Portugal and know some Portuguese, negro is simply the word for black. cerveja negro means black beer which is basically stout.
    monosharp wrote:
    I'm curently in a country where there is a kind of caste like system (no not india) and theres crap loads to me thats weird and offensive but its their culture, their country.

That wouldn't happen to be Brazil would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rigger that clip is the funniest thing I've seen in year's!.

Just emailed it to everyone :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

monosharp wrote:
    Negro just means black and is only reffering to the colour of the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Mairt wrote:
    Rigger that clip is the funniest thing I've seen in year's!.

Just emailed it to everyone :D
    Dave Chappelle! He does a very, very good Tupac skit video!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

This man knew what it was abaaaht!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhXpmozpbE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

robinph wrote: »
    Negro just means black and is only reffering to the colour of the beer.

Oh really ? So a portuguese lad hops on a plane, heads to New York and asks the black barman for "Beer negro" and its just the word for black and the barman will see it as such ? (I know its the portuguese word for black, thats not my point)

My point is that, we as zombies to US television see "black bastard" in an entirely different context to other countries, other people and other cultures.

Just because someones black in a western country, do you really think he has the same racial and PC bull**** attached that a black guy in America would have ? Of course he bloody well doesn't.

Your talking about an advertisement for a product using words in a minority language in that country which may be offensive to certain people in a completely different country and culture where that language is the majority language.

We automatically assume "black bastard" is in reference to black people because of the complete tripe we watch on TV, i.e > American TV. Why in Gods name do you think German people would assume the same ? To them its the english word for a colour and an english curse word.

I absolutely hate PC, may it die a quick death just so we can get rid of its bull****.

Advertisement