Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another school shooting in the USA

Options
  • 10-10-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

This time in Cleveland...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mhmhkfojgbcw/

"US police officers have been seen running into a Cleveland high school where a suspected shooter is a 14-year-old student who was apparently upset about a suspension.

There are unconfirmed reports that two victims are both male teachers at the school.

The shootings reportedly took place on the 3rd and 4th floor. It is unclear at this time whether the gunman is in custody.

There are unconfirmed reports that students and teachers are hiding and taking cover inside the building."

Sky News are reporting that at least 3 people have been shot (don't know if they're dead).

The bloke walked in with 2 guns and opened fire. They also say the shooter is dead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

That's crazy. They're saying on sky that he was in a fight at school earlier in the week and this was his first day back. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

I am so sick of virginal males getting revenge upon the world. Why don't hot girls ever shoot up schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

ryanairzer wrote:
    I am so sick of virginal males getting revenge upon the world. Why don't hot girls ever shoot up schools?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

moneyman wrote:
    :confused::confused::confused:

Don't pretend that wouldn't arouse you. I fully condone psychopathic hot girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

DaveMcG wrote:
    It is unclear at this time whether the gunman is in custody.

Wonder is it only a matter of time before the word gunkid or gunboy gets used in these scenarios...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

There will probably be another school shooting within the next 2 months. These are happening so regularly now the shock factor is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Mossy Monk wrote:
    There will probably be another school shooting within the next 2 months. These are happening so regularly now the shock factor is gone.
    I agree these things are happening more often these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Not again, dammit I hope something gets done once the democranks get in office. No country should have to fear their kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

eoin5 wrote:
    Not again, dammit I hope something gets done once the democranks get in office. No country should have to fear their kids.

nothing politicians can do will really. it's the general American psyche it seems that causes the problem, simple law changes wont do anything. and regardless the democrats are still too conservative to do anything about it that might be effective as it would probably require some fundamental upheaval.

nothing politicians can do will really. it's the general American psyche it seems that causes the problem, simple law changes wont do anything. and regardless the democrats are still too conservative to do anything about it that might be effective as it would probably require some fundamental upheaval.

Yea its just a hope, the chances are slim. Fundamental upheaval FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This is becoming such a common occurrence that it barely registers as news for me nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I blame Marylin Manson, Sex in advertising and Internet chatrooms like these.

If there were more violence on American Tv's, they wouldnt have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

whiskeyman wrote:
    Wonder is it only a matter of time before the word gunkid or gunboy gets used in these scenarios...
    Tomorrow on newstalk. :)

Anyway, upset about a suspension?

I was always delighted.
    3 days off without having to hide in my friend's house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Did anyone see that video on YouTube for that gunstore in the US? There is a link to it on Rick O Sheas 2fm page. Its an ad for store where you can rent cheap guns. Near the end the owner says something like "IM NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY, I JUST LOVE SHOOTING GUNS!". Its hard to believe that ad is real, and its seems so tragic, a symbol of the horrible gun culture in the US today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

ruskin wrote:
    Did anyone see that video on YouTube for that gunstore in the US? There is a link to it on Rick O Sheas 2fm page. Its an ad for store where you can rent cheap guns. Near the end the owner says something like "IM NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY, I JUST LOVE SHOOTING GUNS!". Its hard to believe that ad is real, and its seems so tragic, a symbol of the horrible gun culture in the US today.
    In the interests of clarity and just in case anyone thought different, the guns are for hire to use on the premises in their own indoor range; NOT for taking away to 'shoot something' and bring back when finished.

Rovi wrote:
    In the interests of clarity and just in case anyone thought different, the guns are for hire to use on the premises in their own indoor range; NOT for taking away to 'shoot something' and bring back when finished.

Looks like you found a gap in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ruskin wrote:
    Ironic that a DJ with a name like his would point that out.

Terry wrote:
    Ironic that a DJ with a name like his would point that out.

Yea he always shoots to miss, thats what I heard!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, let's see.

Illegal for a 14-year-old to own firearms. Check.
    Illegal to bring firearms to school. Check.
    Illegal to shoot at people. Check.

Gotta love these laws designed to stop school shootings.

I'm not, however, particularly surprised that those of the 'Only police should carry guns' opinion didn't mention the cop who killed six this week. One would have thought that would be more newsworthy than a student who didn't manage to kill anyone.

NTM

• Advertisement

ruskin wrote:
    Did anyone see that video on YouTube for that gunstore in the US? There is a link to it on Rick O Sheas 2fm page. Its an ad for store where you can rent cheap guns. Near the end the owner says something like "IM NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY, I JUST LOVE SHOOTING GUNS!"

But I do love shooting guns!

Seriously, though, I can't find the link on his page.

Check out this one. I had to make sure it was a real advert, it did show on TV, and that the business really did exist. The greatest name for a gunstore ever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1094232574024579484&q=bethany+totally+awesome&total=2&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

NTM

But I do love shooting guns!

Check out this one. I had to make sure it was a real advert, it did show on TV, and that the business really did exist. The greatest name for a gunstore ever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1094232574024579484&q=bethany+totally+awesome&total=2&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

NTM

Great ad. :D (I'd hit it!)

She would of gone to jail for that though I think.

The-Rigger wrote:
    She would of gone to jail for that though I think.

Hmm.. I don't know about that. I would need to look up Utah's laws on if its Castle Doctrine applied to property (Such as Texas) or only within the confines of the house (such as California). Even if in California, you probably could make a good 'reasonable fear for your life' argument.

Of course, she would also need NFA permits for the assault rifle and silencer.

NTM

1: No sidearms available to public, nothing but non-auto rifles.
    2: No gun licence without a solid steel gun safe.
    3: No guns for standard cops.

I think these would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i guess practice makes perfect, teaching young kids to shoot early is good for defending the country, erhm somewhere else :)

That is fantastic. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I said it before and I'll say it again, banning schools will eliminate these school shootings. But those fat cats in Washington just won't listen!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Here you go-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynCsFZ3AS3E

"I loves mah guns"

"I work at Walmart and make noooo money"

• Advertisement

I see on the news some teenager was arrested and cops found lots of weapons in his bedroom. Seems he was preparing for a Columbine style attack. The amount of weapons this child had in his posession is shocking.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301237,00.html

Advertisement