Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United States Postal Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Beano wrote: »
    If it was sent by USPS then An Post will deliver it here. Put the tracking number in to the tracking page on the An Post website. That will tell you if it has at last arrived in this country.

I've rung anpost daily for the last week and spoke to a rep and given them my tracking number. no sign of the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Chunks wrote: »
    Can you not get onto a manager and make a complaint and insist that the company is causing you to lose income as a result of the package not arriving?

I've lost hope at this stage...

I don't know how a pair of Converse runners and a Danzig cd are causing me to lose income :D

I changed the address to my office in the city center, if they can't find it I'll beat them and point and laugh at their brown uniforms. :)

BTW, sounds like your package has gone walkies?

Joe Robot wrote: »
    BTW, sounds like your package has gone walkies?

yeah that's what I suspect. I've a friend in Paypal though and he says i've got 45 days to claim my money back for a package that never arrives. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though. Man, I was really looking forward to it arriving. Talk about a serious let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I ordered something from the states on eBay. It was shipped from LA last Friday and arrived on Tuesday morning to my bfs work. As far as i know it was with an post.

why don't you rub it some more watna! :D

nah only messing. That just shows that there's something gone wrong with my package then. If something arrived so soon from the states then mine wouldn't have taken as long as this even with a delay.

Thanks for the info

• Advertisement

If I want to call this number in the USA 1800 275 8777 how do I do it if it's possible?

the dialing code for USA is +1 but when I dial the number +1 1800 275 8777 I get the 'this number is not in service'(by an irish accent) so I know it hasn't even gotten through to the states.

Is it even possible to ring a 1800 number over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

As far as I know you can't dial 1800 numbers from outside the states. Have you contacted the website/person you bought these things off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

If I want to call this number in the USA 1800 275 8777 how do I do it if it's possible?

the dialing code for USA is +1 but when I dial the number +1 1800 275 8777 I get the 'this number is not in service'(by an irish accent) so I know it hasn't even gotten through to the states.

I think you can get it by dropping the 2nd '1'. ie: 001-800-2758777

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

800 numbers are toll free in the US so I dont think you can dial them from outside the US. If you want, you can PM me your details and I can phone them from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I've rung anpost daily for the last week and spoke to a rep and given them my tracking number. no sign of the package.

Did you try the website though? People on phones are usually stupid, they'd be doing something more important otherwise.

When USPS packages arrive in Ireland, AnPost assign them a different tracking number. The AnPost website should have a single occurence of the USPS tracking number and will tell you the new one.

• Advertisement

Did you try the website though? People on phones are usually stupid, they'd be doing something more important otherwise.

When USPS packages arrive in Ireland, AnPost assign them a different tracking number. The AnPost website should have a single occurence of the USPS tracking number and will tell you the new one.

I can't put it into the Anpost website, it doesnt accept the USPS tracking number. I was talking to some very helpful people in anpost and they were saying that as soon as it arrives in the country, be it customs or not, it's immediately assigned a new irish tracking number but the original tracking number is also recorded. When I gave them the USPS number they had no information on the package at all.

It's been 3 weeks now and STILL no package. According to Anpost it still hasn't arrived in Ireland. So it's either 30,000 feet over the atlantic on the worlds slowest plane or on a boat which is doing circles .... I've opened a complaint against yerman in the US but he keeps giving me the same 'its on the way' bullsh!t excuse.

What a fcuking knob-jockey. I've needed this for the last two weeks now and **** like this prick are fcuking the whole system up. I hope he dies slowly and painfully, the cnut!

What a fcuking knob-jockey. I've needed this for the last two weeks now and **** like this prick are fcuking the whole system up. I hope he dies slowly and painfully, the cnut!
    If you've tracked it using the USPS service and it shows as having left the US, I don't think the seller has done anything wrong.

Use this site and see what it says:
    http://www.track-trace.com/post.php

Thanks Voodoo child but that link is just sending me back to the same USPS trace page as I've been checking everyday for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks Voodoo child but that link is just sending me back to the same USPS trace page as I've been checking everyday for the last 3 weeks.
    Ah it's gone missing or stolen so. Ive known it to happen to a 2 grand guitar, a baggage handler likes the look of it and takes it home with him.

The fact that the tracking info shows it hasnt been delivered means you should be grand with a Paypal claim. Do it sooner than later tbh.

Yeah i've opened up a discrepancy 'goods not received' complaint against him in paypal so hopefully i'll get my money back from him.

so here's the latest twist...

-> The package never arrived and I went elsewhere to get what I wanted. Thankfully that one arrived within 2 days!

-> I won my dispute with the seller through paypal and was awarded a full refund of my money.

Here's where the morals kick in....

I got a call from the mother yesterday to say that a package had arrived for me but had a customs duty of €50 on it which needed to be paid before I was given it. She didn't pay and it went back to the depot for collection. There's a 5 day period on it and if i don't collect within these 5 days it will be returned to sender.

Seeing as the package was originally claimed by the seller as 'lost' written off as 'lost' through USPS what would happen if I was to pay the customs on the it and keep it? Essentially getting the product for €50 (seeing as I had gotten a full refund from the seller about 2 weeks ago).

Would it be flagged as having finally arrived and would I then be sought by paypal and the seller to pay the amount again? Or would it simply stay under the radar and nothing will be flagged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I guess it depends if he looks at the USPS tracking or if the tracking is updated.

Joe Robot wrote: »
    I guess it depends if he looks at the USPS tracking or if the tracking is updated.

Yeah I was thinking that too.

What would you do? reckon i'd get away with it?

Advertisement