Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And there it is....

Options
  • 03-10-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Just saw a Christmas ad on TV....F@cking ridiculous...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sure QVC have been selling Christmas trees for a few months now. :)
    /me waits for Fairytale of New York on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

The xmas stuff has been in Dunnes for about a week now!
    F*****g madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I heard Harrod's had their decorations up in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

I started Christmas shopping in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yay, Christmas. It should be on the 25th of ebery month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ruu wrote:
    Sure QVC have been selling Christmas trees for a few months now. :)
    /me waits for Fairytale of New York on radio.

I always hated that song.
    And it's everywhere!! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

RIRI wrote:
    The xmas stuff has been in Dunnes for about a week now!
    F*****g madness
    Christmas shoping season starts when the lights and santy go on the wall on Dunnes in cornescourt on the N11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, should get my christmas shopping done soon.

Seriously though, I really like to get it out of the way early.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does this mean that meteor are going to start doing those stupid 'It's November' ads again. I was never so glad to see the 1st of December before in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

bluewolf wrote:
    I always hated that song.
    And it's everywhere!! :mad:

Oh I know! :(

/me tosses Fairytale of New York single with 'Happy Holidays, bluewolf' label attached in bin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Lets make a Happy Xmas post loll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Does this mean that meteor are going to start doing those stupid 'It's November' ads again. I was never so glad to see the 1st of December before in my life.
    It's ok, we've got another month!!

Unless they make an "It's October" one...but they couldn't do that, could they? COULD THEY?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mcR

I love the meteor chirstmas ad's, they always get me in the mood for christmas but it's waaaaay to early for the them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

We got the Byrne's World of Wonder Christmas Toy catalogue through the door last saturday!

And I got the smiths toy catalogue last week
    "it's getting earlier every year" as my mother would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

Christmas stuff has been in Marks and Spencer (Liffey Valley anyway) for about a MONTH now. Plus am trying to book the work Christmas party at the mo and it's a nightmare. Friday nights are booked already! ****e!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SumGuy wrote:
    It's ok, we've got another month!!

Unless they make an "It's October" one...but they couldn't do that, could they? COULD THEY?!?!?!?

You don't know how truely evil meteor are if you believe that.
    mcR wrote:
    I love the meteor chirstmas ad's, they always get me in the mood for christmas but it's waaaaay to early for the them now

How could you like any of their ads? They are easily the most irritating thing to have been ever created in the history of the world ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

I like most of the meteor ads too.

Lidl have christmas stuff in also

I like most of the meteor ads too.

*spits*

You make me sick.

Don't diss the meteor ad's, most of them are good!
    The normal ones suck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Happy Christmas everyone

*spits*

You make me sick.

get your arse into the bar and never mind ditching meteor....:) :)

MooseJam wrote:
    Happy Christmas everyone

happy new year moose

mcR wrote:
    Don't diss the meteor ad's, most of them are good!
    The normal ones suck

I think it's just their stupid little jingle that pissed me off the most hence everything it touches I despise.

Yup, I heard something on the radio earlier on today advertising Christmas stuff.
    I think it's just their stupid little jingle that pissed me off the most hence everything it touches I despise.

If there's one jingle I hate it's the Tesco one. Perhaps that's due to having worked there in the past. Still, it's incredibly annoying.

WHAT!, The jingle is the best part.

I can't wait for the coke ad, then you know it's really christmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I can't wait for xmas this year, because i'm moving to Canada and there'll be SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Just 2 minutes from my front door is a shop called 'hartes'.....

It's known locally as the Christmas shop & sells xmas decorations all year round - you get some good bargains in June/July!
    But the carols are playing out, lights flashing, dancing snowmen - madness!

The one thing I don't like about the shop is the blackboard by the door for the Xmas countdown..... quite disconcerting when you pop in for a nosey & you see 'ONLY 351 days to Christmas!' :eek:

Just 2 minutes from my front door is a shop called 'hartes'.....

It's known locally as the Christmas shop & sells xmas decorations all year round - you get some good bargains in June/July!
    But the carols are playing out, lights flashing, dancing snowmen - madness!

The one thing I don't like about the shop is the blackboard by the door for the Xmas countdown..... quite disconcerting when you pop in for a nosey & you see 'ONLY 351 days to Christmas!' :eek:

That must ruin the whole christmas feeling for you, I would hate to have a clock reminding you that far ahead of christmas

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    If there's one jingle I hate it's the Tesco one. Perhaps that's due to having worked there in the past. Still, it's incredibly annoying.

Same as. I don't even remember if I hated it before I worked there.

@mcR: Yes the coke christmas ads are brilliant. Does anyone else think that all the new coke ads are rubbish and that the old ones were great? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Advertisement