Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pan kissed EVERYONE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

Zulu, "drug lords" is a hereditary title indicative of a member of the upper house of the drug chain, made up of inherited seats and peer nominations from various factions and academics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

DesF wrote:
    Drug users are a part of the gun crime culture, they are a direct cause of it. They are the market that the sellers are trying so hard to protect for themselves.
    That is nonsense. Pure, unadulterated nonsense. You make no distinction between people who use THEIR OWN DRUGS and people who BUY DRUGS.
    Though admittantly, this is only applicable in the case of Cannabis. Coke/heroin/speed/e dealers are scum and I wouldnt trust them as far could throw them. That said I still dont think that drug users are a CAUSE of gun crime, the relationship is a correlation, not a cause;) Gun crime only rises when there's too many drug DEALERS not too many USERS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

DesF it's fu(kin afterhours on a friday for christ sake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...and here was I thinking size=9 was small. Sorry folks, said the quiet bit loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Zulu wrote:
    And where exactly do the Drug-Lords fit in? :confused:

Fair enough you've covered the Barons, but are you now suggesting that Drug Lords are removed from this chain? Well?? Are they not equally as guilty???

Well I suppose you could substitute Drug Lords into my chain where I have importers.

I obviously went to a different school to you, my teacher just used different terms.

Still though, my chain remains true, and you trying to make fun of it is symptomatic of users of illegal drugs the world over.

They don't want to accept that they are a causative influence on the bigger, seedier world of the international drug trade.

Drug users ARE a part of this. They just need to accept ti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i sell ya some
    €50 per miligramme!
    its a sellers market!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I miss drugs going sibers no fun. I've been smoking spice though not a bad alternitive.

DesF wrote:
    If you are going to be ridiculous about it, then why post at all?

Drug selling is part of a chain, which I'm sure you know. At the very end of that chain is the user.

User --> small time seller --> mid size seller --> big time supplier --> drugs baron --> importer --> International baron --> producer --> grower

In Ireland at the moment it seems like anyone from the small time seller is using guns to protect their patch.

Drug users are a part of the gun crime culture, they are a direct cause of it. They are the market that the sellers are trying so hard to protect for themselves.
    Drugs are are part of the crime sceen but even if drugs where not part of the mix you would still have these people from deprieved parts of the citys (where nearly all this type of crime takes place, we can happily do drugs out here in the country without killing eachother) doing whatever they can to make a quick buck. The quick and easy solution is to make drugs legal. Drugs are an easy cash cow to milk, take away that money and you'd kripple them over night.

I don't think all drugs should be made illegal but taking away the most popular drug would surely be a massive hit to they're bankroll.

Anti drug people prevent the government from modernising drug laws, and so hence are directly and actively shooting innocent children in the face and spine. For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jesus DesF, do you come to parties and tell everyone that they should be drinking more fluids as alchohol dehydrates people? Or that the salt levels in the finger foods keep you up at night?

RELAX..MAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ronanp wrote:

Then again, given our current government, maybe we're better off!

Ah, now I know what was in all those brown envelopes...

I'm sorry DesF; I know a few people who sell or have sold weed and not one of them has ever expressed an interest in attaining a gun to protect their patch. I've never even heard of one that lifted a blunt weapon.
    ...and I'm not talking about bottom of the barrel dealers selling 10 spots on a corner.

Cocaine and heroin are much more profitable businesses to be in, the returns are huge, compettion for selling space is tough and because of the international nature of the business, guns inevitably get called into play, hell they even arrive in shipments for use by the receving gang(s)...

Here's one for you; sales of pirated CDs/DVDs/Games once funded homegrown terrorism in our fine little country....did that ever stop you buying a copy from some guy calling door to door or at some outdoor market?
    Asking end users to take part blame for serious crime much further up the ladder is a cop out....decriminalise and remove the weed and the profits from the hands of criminals, if you really want to something about this supposed weed-related guncrime...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Zulu wrote:
    DesF it's fu(kin afterhours on a friday for christ sake

and your wreckin me buzz man.

Ok question to the mods (other then giblet) why was this sticked. do ye actually know? well except for its comedic value. That said we have managed to get nearly 100 posts without someone going " ya think theres a drought on hash well you haven't seen the drought on yer man" or something equally stupid that doesn't make sense.

Or maybe stoners don't make yur ma jokes, hmmmmmm ponder???

Hellm0 wrote:
    That is nonsense. Pure, unadulterated nonsense. You make no distinction between people who use THEIR OWN DRUGS and people who BUY DRUGS.
    Hmm, good enough point I suppose, but then again, everyone knows what I am talking about.

In case of any further cannabis addled confusion, when I say drug USERS, I am meaning people who purchase their drugs from people who are selling illegally.
    Hellm0 wrote:
    Though admittantly, this is only applicable in the case of Cannabis. Coke/heroin/speed/e dealers are scum and I wouldnt trust them as far could throw them.
    This is hilarious. You see, Cannabis dealers are the same, unless they grew the drug themselves, then they too are selling illegal drusg, and are associated with gun crime.

And anyway, many of the people who sell Cannabis will also be selling these other drugs.
    Hellm0 wrote:
    That said I still dont think that drug users are a CAUSE of gun crime, the relationship is a correlation, not a cause;) Gun crime only rises when there's too many drug DEALERS not too many USERS
    Well, they are the cause of gun crime.

Without them, the dealers would have no-one to sell to, therefore nothing to fight about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Cloud must be a stoner???:eek:

Giblet wrote:
    Jesus DesF, do you come to parties and tell everyone that they should be drinking more fluids as alchohol dehydrates people? Or that the salt levels in the finger foods keep you up at night?

RELAX..MAN!
    Well no, because the majority of people I go to parties with don't purchase their alcohol or finger foods from illegal sellers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i may be wrong....but isnt gun crime in this country (at its modern levels in any case) a recent issue?
    werent there drugs before we had lots of gun crime?

DesF wrote:
    Well no, because the majority of people I go to parties with don't purchase their alcohol or finger foods from illegal sellers.

Man, I'm talkin about the thread! You're bringing everyone down!

Wertz wrote:
    I'm sorry DesF; I know a few people who sell or have sold weed and not one of them has ever expressed an interest in attaining a gun to protect their patch. I've never even heard of one that lifted a blunt weapon.
    ...and I'm not talking about bottom of the barrel dealers selling 10 spots on a corner.
    Where did these people get the weed they were selling?

I guarantee you that at some stage along their chain of drug aquisition there were guns involved.
    Wertz wrote:
    Here's one for you; sales of pirated CDs/DVDs/Games once funded homegrown terrorism in our fine little country....did that ever stop you buying a copy from some guy calling door to door or at some outdoor market?
    I have never purchased a didgy cd or dvd in my life. How dare you accuse me of illegal activity.
    Wertz wrote:
    Asking end users to take part blame for serious crime much further up the ladder is a cop out....
    I'm not asking anyone to take blame for anything, just trying to get stoners to admit that they are a part of it, wether they like it or not.
    Wertz wrote:
    decriminalise and remove the weed and the profits from the hands of criminals, if you really want to something about this supposed weed-related guncrime...
    I don't care one way or the toher, I don't smoke cannabis in any shape or form, however if stoners wish to remove themselves from the chain, then they should be doing exactly this. Get the government to source proper, non-exploitative cannabis and legalise the sale of it. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

Title: The Irony Of It All
    Artist: The Streets

...Can't stand crime either,
    them 'ooligans on 'eroin.
    Drugs and criminal.
    Those thugs are the pinacle of the downfall of society
    ive got all the anger pent up inside of me

No. I don't see why i should be the criminal.
    How could something with no recorded fatalities be illegal?
    And how many deaths are there per year from alcohol?...

Giblet wrote:
    Man, I'm talkin about the thread! You're bringing everyone down!

Ah, people don't want to hear the truth.

I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

funniest thread ever.

I've been sitting here breaking my sh1te laughing at some of the comments.

Keep 'em coming! :D

jimmychin wrote:
    Title: The Irony Of It All
    Artist: The Streets

...Can't stand crime either,
    them 'ooligans on 'eroin.
    Drugs and criminal.
    Those thugs are the pinacle of the downfall of society
    ive got all the anger pent up inside of me

No. I don't see why i should be the criminal.
    How could something with no recorded fatalities be illegal?
    And how many deaths are there per year from alcohol?...
    Well, for medical reasons I don't drink alcohol either.

So that doesn't apply to me.

I live my life inside the law too, fully.

I am a perfectly rounded individual.

I can trace the stuff I get back to its seeds, and its only 2 steps, and there's no guns involved. I'd imagine in a few years time that'll be the standard too. I wonder then will gun crime increase or decline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

ronanp wrote:
    I can trace the stuff I get back to its seeds, and its only 2 steps, and there's no guns involved. I'd imagine in a few years time that'll be the standard too. I wonder then will gun crime increase or decline?

Most people I know grow their own these days, wouldn't smoke any street/grit weed or (worse) soapbar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

DesF wrote:
    Ah, people don't want to hear the truth.

I see.

People don't like preached to, generally.
    I smoke the odd doob and have no delusions about it's origin. I am so, so sorry DesF. Please accept my humble apologies.

ronanp wrote:
    Yes, if you notice above I said that people who smoke their own drugs, that haven't been sold to them by a dealer involved with gun crime in some shape or form, either directly or indirectly , then I have no issue.

I don't care if people choose to smoke cannabis, but they should think about where it is coming from a bit more.

Fair Trade cannabis ftw.

People don't like preached to, generally.
    I didn't make them read the thread, or my comments.

I have no idea why you would apoloigise to me either.

And Giblet, are them YouTube vids aimed at me?

I can't watch them in work, and I doubt if I'll be arsed later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

DesF wrote:
    I live my life inside the law too, fully.

so if i go to amsterdam and have a smoke its ok?

but if i smoke in ireland its not ok?

so it all depends where you live whether i'm fueling gun crime?

• Advertisement

Kone wrote:
    Most people I know grow their own these days, wouldn't smoke any street/grit weed or (worse) soapbar

My god, don't they care about the electricity they're using? Do they want children to grow up in a horrible sort of waterworld? Because that film sucked balls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement