Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I realise that the forum already will have been created, but if it's not bumped then it might NOT already have been created and the damage to linear causality could be catastrophic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

It's okay, I did it two months from now.

I thought Karl Hungus had moved this. Will move it.

Remember the metal-type music in Prince of Persia? I'd say such music is inextricably linked with time travel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sarky wrote: »
    I thought Karl Hungus had moved this. Will move it.

Remember the metal-type music in Prince of Persia? I'd say such music is inextricably linked with time travel.
    Where on our journey did we stop next

Ooh, ooh, and y'know the way the same old rumours crop up about bands at Slane? Classic time-loop stuff right there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Happy 1999 people!

Lets_Party_Like_Its_1999_1.gif

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

eh? thats not for another eighteen months!

No, no, it won't have been for another 18 months 5 years from now.

In BOTH directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Tomorrow,
    All my troubles seemed so far away,
    Now it looks as though they're there to stay,
    Oh, I believe in yestermorrow.

Suddenly,
    I'm not half the man I used to be,
    There's a microwave hanging over me,
    Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

microwave-pc-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

How did you do it? How did you make the Heisenberg Uncertainty manifold compatible with the lasagne? Studies show that there isn't enough pasta in the world to just make a buffer...

I GOT IT IN HARVEY NORMAN'S SUPER SALE.

ZOMG

Now, if we'd had a forum, you could have posted a thread about it and we'd ALL have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Hurry up with this forum, I need to get to 1900 urgently. I recieved this from NCT website tonite.

This booking occurs in the past. To proceed, a new booking needs to be scheduled.
    Registration ID : ********
    VIN : *********************
    Year : 2000
    Make : TOYOTA
    Model : ******
    Colour : RED
    Registration Date : **/01/2000
    Test Centre : 34 (Nenagh)
    Booking Status : Notification Letter Sent
    Appointment Date : Monday, ** January 1900
    Appointment Time : 12:00 AM
    Appointment Email : **********
    Service Type : Periodic Inspection

I'm posting this in 1916, from an interwebs time machine powered purely by Padhraic Pearse's smugness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not sure when I'm posting this from. That could be the result of an unrelated alcohol problem rather than time travel though.

In the forum we could have a fossil competition, as in who can leave the most interesting object in prehistory and find it again later when it's fossilised.

Like this Gamecube controller I fossilised earlier!

fossil_nintendo-769274.jpg

Why are we here? Archaeology relates to the past. Time Travel relates to the 'future was', the 'present then' and the 'past will be'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

We are here because time travel is an invaluable tool for archaeologists

fair point. What's the opposite of archaeology?

• Advertisement

Macros42 wrote: »
    fair point. What's the opposite of archaeology?
    I believe it's future-prediction

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Creationists say that all the fossils were buried sometime in the last 6,000 years.

Made a fortune on that scam , selling them trips in time machines to bury dinosaur bones. And the best bit was they never asked where the bones came from. Made a fortune with the dino-hunters too best bit was the kick back from the taxidermists, and they gutted the carcases too.

Was all going well till the cat food place wanted to know how come the chicken never had any bones. And then I had to do a lot of talking to the temporal police

Oh my, here we are in Forums again. Hawkings was right, time is circular!

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Here's a story about Stephen:
    Kayroo wrote: »
    I once saw Steven Hawking in Angels in Dublin. I was bringing a mate there for his birthday and when we got there Hawking was there. He was in Dublin giving a lecture in Trinity and had 2 enormous bouncer types with him. I went to get a lapdance in the Champagne Room and he came in with a black stripper wearing a "Stars and Stripes" american flag bikini and she had the biggest breasts I have ever seen. He proceeds to get a lapdance. It was like a car crash. You know you shouldn't look but you cannot help but stare at it. There was some lovely breasts inches from my face and all I can do is stare, transfixed, at a genius in a wheelchair get ground up on by a stripper as she tries to avoid the controls on his wheelchair in case she makes it shoot forward. When we left my mates wanted to ring the Sun and sell the story but my brother stopped them and, absolutely deadpan just said, "Lads, he's been through enough".

This thread is engaging in a closed temporal loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

time is sort of like a limp spaghetti noodle.

Deki wrote: »
    time is sort of like a limp spaghetti noodle.
    Twisted into a mobius strip, yes.

:rolleyes: well. the ends don't join up. It's like being fed thru a giant spaghetti maker and when it hits the bottom it crosses over itself, so that at certain points you can cross from here to there:)

You know that works quite well.

• Advertisement

what do you mean? It's always worked well.

Advertisement