Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facilities for commuters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My office has a gym and very posh shower facilities form the MD, but nothing for the staff...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

kenmc wrote: »
    Wow is this the most deeply zombied resurrection ever?
    gmacww wrote: »
    Surely a 10 year resurrection is a new site record?

Not by a long chalk...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

...maybe a "Commuting Mega-thread" beckons

:pac:

Bluefoam wrote: »
    My office has a gym and very posh shower facilities form the MD, but nothing for the staff...

Seems fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Where I'm working now has secure code locked indoor sheds for bikes, but no changing facilities for about half the people working there.
    Last place had 5 showers for about 300 people, -- never had to wait for a shower and there was a id-badge locked room woith toaster racks for the bikes, and a drying room, which only worked when the heating was on i.e. not in Summer
    my normal office has a domestic shower and large changing space, and 2 locking points immediately outside the door, under roof overhangs. There are also several sheffield stands scattered throughout the business park.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

in our place, someone has chained a track pump in the bike sheds, which is not a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

I feel spoiled, my place has a covered bike area beside a security hut, cubicle showers, assigned lockers, drying room and best of all - a clean towel every day.

The company actually look at facilities like this as a way of attracting and retaining talent. Its certainly a consideration for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭plodder

Ferris wrote: »
    I feel spoiled, my place has a covered bike area beside a security hut, cubicle showers, assigned lockers, drying room and best of all - a clean towel every day.

The company actually look at facilities like this as a way of attracting and retaining talent. Its certainly a consideration for me.
    I thought I was doing well, but that takes the biscuit.

We just moved to a newly renovated building with showers, heated drying room and locked bike sheds. Couldn't ask for more really.

Advertisement