Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pondering the legality of cheap fags

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Apologies I forgot to mention that my previous post relates to traveling within Europe only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You smokers sicken me :mad:

I spend my hard-earned tax euros on replacement lungs and ventilators for you lot, and I have to run the *coughsplutter* gauntlet of your filthy habit every time I want to get into or out of the pub.

Die, all of you.

Haha, only joking. Where do I sign up? I'm a camel/drum light man meself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

After being in the States for about two years, I still laugh at the differences in expressions between Ireland and here. I knew you were talking about smoking, but if you talked about "cheap fags" over here, they would think something about your sexual orientation.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

cornbb wrote:
    You smokers sicken me :mad:

I spend my hard-earned tax euros on replacement lungs and ventilators for you lot, and I have to run the *coughsplutter* gauntlet of your filthy habit every time I want to get into or out of the pub.

Die, all of you.

Haha, only joking. Where do I sign up? I'm a camel/drum light man meself
    :D thats very funny!

i don't smoke fags, i sell fags:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Where's Azezil tonight?

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:
    Where's Azezil tonight?
    Azezil, who the fcuk is Azezil?
    *music*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

security in that you don't have to use a credit card (they accept e-gold, western union etc.)

Eurm western union is a favorite with scammers.

They have paypal I think, thats better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i bought from them before. took a while to get here, but they all arrived.

all 16 cartons. happy days. except i sold them all for about 25 euro to my m8's....

but i like benson menthols.

How long did it take to arrive?
    Im going to get them budget fags later. Less than €10 for 8 packs of 20 cancer sticks, not bad at all!

• Advertisement

Im getting 320 for less than €20, flog them on for €3 or €4a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ChRoMe wrote:
    The thing that most people dont know is that there is no limit on the amount of smokes you can bring back (there is some urban myth about it being 4 cartons or something). Anyway you just need to be able to justify that they are for personal use and not for sale. Due to the nature of the product thats pretty easy. On multiple occasions I've walked through customs with 3000 smokes without any problems.

:/

Taken from http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/travel-to-ireland/customs_regulations_for_travellers

Goods bought in another EU country

You will not be charged any extra duty or VAT on purchases where the duty and VAT has been paid (for example, goods bought in shops, supermarkets, etc.) in another EU country, provided the goods are for your personal use.

If your purchases are equivalent to or less than the quantities set out in the table below, they will usually be regarded as being for your personal use. If you exceed these quantities, you may have to demonstrate at Customs that the goods are for your personal use.
    Goods Maximum quantity allowed
    Cigarettes 800
    Cigarillos 400
    Cigars 200
    Smoking tobacco 1 kg
    Spirits (whiskey, vodka, gin, etc.) 10 litres
    Intermediate Products (e.g. sherry, port, etc., excluding sparkling wine) 20 litres
    Wine (only 60 litres of sparkling wine allowed) 90 litres
    Beer 110 litres

they will ship in small quantities to avoid this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

If you exceed these quantities, you may have to demonstrate at Customs that the goods are for your personal use.

You've just proven my point.

Customs Officer: Thats a lot of cigs.
    Me: Sure is I smoke 60 a day.
    Customs Officer: Move along your holding up the q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Plug wrote:
    Im getting 320 for less than €20, flog them on for €3 or €4a box.
    Might just follow suit. Would be really easy to sell off for €5 a box to my mates me thinks.
    5*8=40-11.42=28.58 Profit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

all 16 cartons. happy days.

This is promising, proves it isn't a scam anyway. With regards to secure payment I think e-gold is the safest option. I've used it before, had no problems.

This is promising, proves it isn't a scam anyway. With regards to secure payment I think e-gold is the safest option. I've used it before, had no problems.

when i saw this thread i deciced to order again.

60 packs of menthols and 60 packs of marlboro lights.
    my parents smoke rothmans but they dont have them either.

it takes anywhere from a week to 2 weeks to get there.

letter in post saying how much it will cost to release them from customs...

and if you do pay, there's a big chance you wont get them anyway as some joe soap down the customs office robbed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Based in Kazakhstan

website belongs to
    Domain Name: HAPPYSMOKER.NET
    Registrant:
    PrivacyProtect.org
    Domain Admin (contact@privacyprotect.org)
    P.O. Box 65
    All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
    Monster
    null,2680 AB
    NL
    Tel. +45.36946676

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Originally Posted by RoyalMarineComm
    all 16 cartons. happy days.

• Advertisement

Hey Guys

I used europe.smokecafe.com before (once to test it) and they seem to work just the same as happysmoker.net.

I ordered, waited, waited (and waited) for about 18 days, and é voila! the smokes came...I was in feckin work, so got a thing in the letter box to go collect them from my local sorting office! Was shi*ing a brick, not sure what to expect, but as far as they were concerned it was just another parcel.

It was delieverd not in the shape of a carton, you wouldnt know that they were smokes.

Anyway, seen as the test run went well, I had already decided they were going to make a fortune out of me!

I was going on hols that week, so no need to order any more could just get some on hols. Came back and went to order, struck a problem, it said "sold out" under all of the cigs on the website. I emailed them, and they got back saying " We no longer ship to Ireland "

Cant understand why.

Anyway, I'm looking to try these guys (happysmoker) out and was wondering if anyone has sucsessfully got their smokes yet ( and be honest lads )!

P.s
    Checked out the site on ripoffreport.com and came back as 3 results below, but if you look at all 3, they are in similar "format" and I've used ripoffreport before and they dont really have a standard format for their posts....more than likely some pis*ed off customer or competitor.

http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/0/272/RipOff0272972.htm
    http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/0/279/RipOff0279538.htm
    http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/0/279/RipOff0279005.htm

Buying smokes off the web is the way forward....just like meteor, VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Cheers in advance
    :D
    Paddy
    Aka Spyguy

Advertisement