Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about niteclub in Carrick on Shannon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

chasm wrote: »
    Paintballing in Leitrim Village, or if you are feeling athletic you could hire the all-weather soccer pitch or go swimming at aura leisure centre:)
    Forgot about the leisure centre, it's a pretty good spot, has a full gym too.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Hello all,

Heading up in a few weeks to Carrick, been up there a few times before but it's a bit hazy.

We are just going on the beer for this stag, no paintball, karking etc, just put me on the bus and take me off the bus. What are the top three bars to go to? I know one of them has a huge beer garden out the back can't think of it's name?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Heading up in a few weeks to Carrick, been up there a few times before but it's a bit hazy.

We are just going on the beer for this stag, no paintball, karking etc, just put me on the bus and take me off the bus. What are the top three bars to go to? I know one of them has a huge beer garden out the back can't think of it's name?

Thanks.

That would be Dunnes, it's a great spot and there's a chipper across the road incase you need food between refueling ;). Murtaghs would be another and the Boardwalk bar in the landmark Hotel used to be a lively spot, havent been there in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Cosworth wrote: »
    I'm having my stags in carrick on shannon in two weeks.
    We are stopping in edgeworthstown for some karting then on to carrick to the courtyard apertments then the night cruise from 10-12 which has a bar and dj then on to murtaghs/basement club.

Should be good craic,ill let you know.

Bump!

Hi Cosworth, im looking at a similiar package to you re: Carrick. Can you tell me how you got on, was the Moon River cruise worth it? Did you get a good deal on accomodation?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

heading there for the bank holiday weekend .. just wondering are all these places still open and that ..

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Yeah, most of the above still apply! Dunnes, Flynns, The Anchorage and Murtaghs are all good bars. The nightclubs in the town are The Basement and Elevation in Murtaghs, Papillion (which used to be Havana), and Club 360 in The Landmark Hotel!
    Any specific questions you want answered? :)

thanks for that dude.. any idea for activities to do during saturday .. trying to convince some of them to leave the pub for a few hours and do something different !

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Battlebridge paintball is good craic! Theres also a Zip-It thing in Lough Key Forest Park..it's pretty fun, but you get kinda split up as a group..Go Karting in Edgesworthtown is fun but it's a bit of a trek from Carrick! I cant think of anything else atm, but if I think of more Ill let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I'm from Carrick and I think Murtaghs is great if you are going to be in the Courtyard Apts very handy (Courtyard Kitchen beside the apts is a lovely restaurant for tapas) Pubswise I personally love Murtaghs other good pubs are Dunnes, The Oarsman, Cryan for some trad and Flynns, Vittos/Italian, Chungs/Chinese and Himalayan for good Indian. Club 360 off Landmark is good but a bit of a younger crowd as is Papillion. Can't beat Flynn's chipper opp Dunnes for a late night snack.

we went to carrick on the bank holiday weekend just gone. stayed in the bush. found it to be a fairly friendly place but there was a crowd of knackers in that club 360 on the saturday night .. was'nt too impressed. i rathered dunnes over murtaghs. we spent more time in the poitin still during the day. if anyone seen a guy running about carrick that weekend wearing a morph suit then he was with us !! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭betting fool

Does anyone know if the cartown club is still open and if so what's on there for the new years eve weekend. A few of are heading down, can't see anything on the website,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

No, its owned by the landmark hotel and they closed it to open 360 @ the landmark instead. Its a smaller club but less hassle as you dont have to get buses in and out of town.

All the clubs in carrick are free in now too:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Janeski

Hi everyone,
    Thinking of heading to carrick on shanon for a hen night, and doing the river cruise. Staying maybe at the courtyard appartments. Anyone done this? or recommend it? Also what good pubs clubs are there?
    Grateful for any help or advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I did the Moon River Cruise day after my wedding it was lovely guy tells you all about the history and there is some music and a bar. Never been on it at night but meant to be good too. My fave bars are Murtaghs (bar, basement for live gigs, and free upstairs niteclub), Dunnes, Flynns opp, and the Oarsman on Bridge St, Cryans beside it is good for Trad music. Restaurant Vittos Italian good for large groups Victoria Hall is a good Thai/Fusion as is Himalaya Indian and Chungs Chinese both on Main St. For Cafe's there is a lovely tearoom Leas on main st and Crumbs is delish on Bridge St the crispy potato slices are yum. Cryans and the Landmark hotels have lovely places to eat and there is a lovely cafe beside it too cant think of the name of it but its in the carpark area. The Oarsman have a lovely restaurant upstairs but you have to book it in advance as it is very popular. Flynns chipper is the usual post club spot for your buger and chips but be prepared to push your way in and get chatted up by drunken men :D

Advertisement