Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about niteclub in Carrick on Shannon

Options
  • 11-09-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone can help clarify something for me,

I'm thinking of having my stag do in Carrick on Shannon and was firstly wondering what are the best pubs to head to, and also i know there is a pretty big niteclub there, but can't seem to locate where it is exactly - is it in the Landmark Hotel or somewhere else (I'm thinking of staying in the Bush hotel, is it far from there?) or is it in a place called Cartown (And where's that from the Bush hotel?), also is it called Rockin Robin's?

Also, i've heard about the moon river disco boat, is it any good? i heard it's at midnight and you're only on it for about half and hour, does that pretty much ruin your plans of going to another niteclub?

Appreciate any feedback :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Hi D-FENS, the nightclub you're on about is rockin robins was originally called cartown. It's about a mile outside of carrick on the Drumshanbo road, but regular buses run from the town clock - just down from the Bush hotel or from the landmark, from round 11 on. There is a niteclub in the landmark called the swinging Donkey but think that's only open on Fridays.

Moon river is about a 45 min journey on Shannon, advantage is that it can serve later into the night, unless its booked for a private gig then you're snookered.

Good bars include, Dunnes, Silver Swan, Havana or Ferraris - the main bar in the landmark. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

pat has covered everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

patpark121 wrote:
    Hi D-FENS, the nightclub you're on about is rockin robins was originally called cartown. It's about a mile outside of carrick on the Drumshanbo road, but regular buses run from the town clock - just down from the Bush hotel or from the landmark, from round 11 on. There is a niteclub in the landmark called the swinging Donkey but think that's only open on Fridays.

Moon river is about a 45 min journey on Shannon, advantage is that it can serve later into the night, unless its booked for a private gig then you're snookered.

Good bars include, Dunnes, Silver Swan, Havana or Ferraris - the main bar in the landmark. Hope that helps.

Thanks a million Patpark, that's really helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

patpark121 wrote: »

Are all these pubs/clubs still applicable. Heading to a stag there this weekend. Looking for good pubs for friday night, rugby + breakfast sat morn, sat night and galway v letrim match sun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I thought the club in Cartown was still closed? It was last time I heard anyway. The same guy owns the one in the Landmark (the Swinging Donkey), so i presume it's open on saturdays at the moment.
    Visit Dunne's, Flynn's, Murtaghs, Oarsman, Anchorage and Havanna. Great bars. Bush Hotel is central and a short walk from all places. Moon River is good, but you're kind of stuck there. Not like "we'll head after this one", if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply il gatto
    Ventured into most of the pubs and clubs you mentioned. Had a great time.

BTW women in Carrick have savage asses. I'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

BTW women in Carrick have savage asses. I'll be back
    Pics?

muffler wrote: »
    Pics?

Unfortunately didn't have a camera but believe you me it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Unfortunately didn't have a camera but believe you me it's true

Tut tut, you know the rules Gaillimhabu, links or pics, or it didn't happen / exist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Tut tut, you know the rules Gaillimhabu, links or pics, or it didn't happen / exist ;)
    It was probably cross mules he seen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DonScorchio

Hey guys. I'm heading to Carrick on Shannon in September on a Stag. I s all the above info still valid now.
    What's the crack with Murtaghs. Is the basement Club any good. Or are there better clubs around.
    I'm looking at staying either in The Bush Hotel, The Courtyard Apartments or the Plaza Suites. They all seem pretty central. We're doing Paintballing too.

Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

The Bush is pricey for what ya get room wise- landmark is much nicer! :)
    Or go with the suites/apartment idea.

yeah landmark is booked out unfortunately. I'll probably go with the apartments. seems better option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

The paintballing at Battlebridge is fantastic.

I prefer the upstairs nite club in Murtaghs.

deadly, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

well now lad listen to me and this is coming from 3 generations of expierence and alot of listening, the swan lake inn is the best place in the county of leitrim for a stag due, and dont let any one tell you anydiffer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Hey guys. I'm heading to Carrick on Shannon in September on a Stag. I s all the above info still valid now.
    What's the crack with Murtaghs. Is the basement Club any good. Or are there better clubs around.
    I'm looking at staying either in The Bush Hotel, The Courtyard Apartments or the Plaza Suites. They all seem pretty central. We're doing Paintballing too.

Hey there,
    The basement club in Murtaghs is good fun, it would be a younger crowd though, say 18-25ish playing chart, RnB, dance etc, then elevation is the club on the 2nd floor, it would cater more for the over 25's with 80's classics etc. Both areas can be good fun, depending on what type of crowd, music etc your looking for.

The club in the Landmark, the Swinging Donkey, is usually very popular on a saturday night, can be funny when your locked with a big gang, but wouldn't be the swankiest place...

Havana is late bar and can have good live music, as can the Boardwalk Bar in the landmark - has really good cocktails, beers etc. The Oarsman is good spot, older crowd, unusual beers etc.

Dunnes is another good spot, huge smoking area and usually packed on a Saturday night.

Regarding accomodation, the Landmark is a lovely hotel, the Bush is nice too, but a bit old fashioned!!
    I personnally would recommend the Carrick Plaza Suites, it's right behind the Landmark, I had a big gang of friends down a few months ago that stayed there, the apartments were really modern and spacious, huge kitchen/living area with a flatscreen, kitchen came in handy for a hangover fry!!! Bathrooms were lovely and clean, some bedrooms were ensuite, and there was a big balcony for all the smokers.

Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I'm having my stags in carrick on shannon in two weeks.
    We are stopping in edgeworthstown for some karting then on to carrick to the courtyard apertments then the night cruise from 10-12 which has a bar and dj then on to murtaghs/basement club.

Should be good craic,ill let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

As a follow on from the Nightclub,

Can anyone recommend a good spot for breakfast the next morning?

Where's the best Full Irish in Carrick on Shannon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 atomicent

The plaza suites are really nice and reasonable, you can also get some pubs in carrick to book a rodeo night for stags and hens too, there is a crowd in carrick that do it, it''ll pay if theres more than 20 of you.
    Ask murtaghs, or the leitrim corner bar about it

• Advertisement

JimmyO wrote: »
    As a follow on from the Nightclub,

Can anyone recommend a good spot for breakfast the next morning?

Where's the best Full Irish in Carrick on Shannon?

Cryan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Thanks!!

Was starting to think I'd have to cook it myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

Are they open on a sunday morn/afternoon

Cosworth wrote: »
    Are they open on a sunday morn/afternoon

Think so. Found link here http://www.cryanshotel.com/Restaurant.html

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

I am heading to Carrick on Shannon on saturday for a Stag and was wondering if all the above is still the same... we are clay pigeon shooting and then getting on the beer for the rest of the day.... where is good for the craic on saturday night, i.e. best night club

also, I highly doubt it, is there somewhere we can take the stag to get a dance ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jamessica

heya guys me and my friends are thinking about going to Carrick on Shannon for the August bank holiday - is the night life good? and where would u recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭alabandical

jamessica wrote: »
    heya guys me and my friends are thinking about going to Carrick on Shannon for the August bank holiday - is the night life good? and where would u recommend??

It's a great town to go out in, there should be a good buzz around the bank holiday weekend as well. Plenty of good places, the Landmark, Dunnes, Murtaghs good for the crowd. Then there's the nightclub Cartown for when ye get full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NoMoreFreedom

Just a question on possible activities to do in or near Carrick on Shannon before heading out on beer. I see previous posters mentioned clay pigeon shooting and karting. Are these still options and what other things can you do to kill a bit of time during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Just a question on possible activities to do in or near Carrick on Shannon before heading out on beer. I see previous posters mentioned clay pigeon shooting and karting. Are these still options and what other things can you do to kill a bit of time during the day?
    You can go bowling in the Mulvey Centre, watch a movie in the cinema, rent a boat. That's all I can think of but I'm sure you'd find something to do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Paintballing in Leitrim Village, or if you are feeling athletic you could hire the all-weather soccer pitch or go swimming at aura leisure centre:)

Advertisement