Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Namibia

Options

Comments

was thinking O'Gara is a little rusty myself

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone know the fitness levels of these Namibian lads?

Following the game through the BBC website and this thread and 20 points from the first half seems disappointing, we really need to start firing on all cylinders and knocking up a cricket score...

ant.lei wrote:
    I am listening to BBC five live on the web, stupid ITV only shows it on UTV and ITV4 :mad:
    Not working in Ireland and I don't have rights to use a proxy here! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

First real test of Irish defense now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Impressive stuff, we HAD to keep our discipline there

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

ant.lei wrote:
    I am listening to BBC five live on the web, stupid ITV only shows it on UTV and ITV4 :mad:
    If you are on Sky, you can programme in tjhose channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Sleepy wrote:
    we really need to start firing on all cylinders and knocking up a cricket score...

Why? Once we win the game and the get the 4-try bonus (which we definitely will) then it doesn't really matter whether the final margin is 45 or 65. Better that the Namibians stick with it and stay competitive rather than chucking the towel in (like the Italians did yesterday) and handing us a few easy tries.

Sleepy wrote:
    Not working in Ireland and I don't have rights to use a proxy here! :(
    5 live works fine on my irish isp broadband.

Sleepy wrote:
    Anyone know the fitness levels of these Namibian lads?

Following the game through the BBC website and this thread and 20 points from the first half seems disappointing, we really need to start firing on all cylinders and knocking up a cricket score...

Not overly concerned here, I'll take 20-3 at half time. Namibia will surely tire late in the game, hope we have enough killer instinct to ratchet up the scores then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

20-3 at half time

Not great from Ireland thus far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ant.lei

galwayrush wrote:
    If you are on Sky, you can programme in tjhose channels.
    Don't have $ky unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Longfield wrote:
    Impressive stuff, we HAD to keep our discipline there
    Are we watching the same game, its Namibia FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

70 pts handicap advantage for namibia was even money in the bookies, today, thats a great bet.
    I got 72 points advantage for namibia ;)

Tristrame wrote:
    5 live works fine on my irish isp broadband.
    Strange. I just get a 'due to contractual reasons we can't broadcast this content', not sure of my ISP here. Found I can alter the proxy on one of the machines but haven't found a uk one that's working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is fecking shocking, picked up right where we left off with the Italians the other week.

Sleepy wrote:
    Strange. I just get a 'due to contractual reasons we can't broadcast this content', not sure of my ISP here. Found I can alter the proxy on one of the machines but haven't found a uk one that's working :(
    Use a UK Post Code, works for me.

Inquitus wrote:
    This is fecking shocking, picked up right where we left off with the Italians the other week.

Huh, why??
    Canada lead Wales at half time before Wales ran riot late in the game. This is a similar side, I'm hoping the same thing happens in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ireland are alright, if they can cut out the unforced errors, we should see more points on the board.

galwayrush wrote:
    Use a UK Post Code, works for me.
    Where do you enter the postcode?

aidan24326 wrote:
    Why? Once we win the game and the get the 4-try bonus (which we definitely will) then it doesn't really matter whether the final margin is 45 or 65. Better that the Namibians stick with it and stay competitive rather than chucking the towel in (like the Italians did yesterday) and handing us a few easy tries.

But this being "the group of death" tm, Shouldn't we be worried about points difference when it comes to qualifying as France and Argentina could be on the same points as us? We need to capitalise against Georgia and Namibia?

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote:
    Where do you enter the postcode?
    I get the same message when i log in to Planet Rock, a UK post code elts me listen, should work for 5 live, i'll check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Longfield wrote:
    Huh, why??
    Canada lead Wales at half time before Wales ran riot late in the game. This is a similar side, I'm hoping the same thing happens in this game.

Big difference between Canada and Namibia though... I would think that Wales are weaker than Ireland and I know that Namibia are a lot weaker than Canada.

I would expect Ireland to score at least another 30 points in the second half.

Sorry, can't find anywhere to enter a post code on 5 Live

Good point by the TV3 commentary team, Ireland support in the mauls is very very slow, we will be MURDERED by the French (and probably the Argies) if we play like this.

Have to admit, am not impressed by the knock ons and silly mistakes, we're lucky its Namibia we are playing against like this.

Being an Irish supporter is exasperating at times- I know they can play so much better than this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Meh not impressed at all and what EOS will again probably say "Yeah we didnt want to show one play from the play book". I mean if yuor going to put your first 15 out there your making a statement by saying to the other teams "Watch this" but so far this could be done by the Ireland A team. Hopefully they can knock it up a gear.

O Gara really really needs to work on his kicking from hand its shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Longfield wrote:
    Have to admit, am not impressed by the knock ons and silly mistakes, we're lucky its Namibia we are playing against like this.

How much of it will be coming from the fact that it's Namibia they're playing though? I'd prefer to see a clinical dismantling of Namibia though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

The fact remains that the boks scored 112 points against Namibia in a warm up game and Ireland are making hard work of the win.

If there was ever a chance for Ireland to get a big score it was against the lowest ranked side in the competition, Namibia.

I may be a bok fan first and an Irish fan second, but it is disappointing to see BOD and the boys struggling to dominate the minnows.

Edit: and Namibia finally rewarded for all their hard work with a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Namibia score a try they brought along alot of support :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Nambia score a deserved try. Let the negative comments begin wahey!

Advertisement