Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everying in Moderation.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sedition! Treason!

Lads, I've been away for the last week and I'm trying to study for the Blackhalls at the end of the month and October. A little slack here please. I've been reading everything and intervening but in a low key kind of way.

Besides, you come at the king, you better not miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Robbo wrote:
    I've been reading everything and intervening but in a low key kind of way

And that's the way it should be.

You aren't interested in a job at the bar, by any chance? We are interviewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Robbo wrote:
    Sedition! Treason!

:D Quote of the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Robbo wrote:
    Sedition! Treason!

Lads, I've been away for the last week and I'm trying to study for the Blackhalls at the end of the month and October. A little slack here please. I've been reading everything and intervening but in a low key kind of way.

Greetings Brother Robbo!

The suggestion for another mod does not detract from your work.

The simple fact of the matter is we don't see you much, we would like to see more of you.
    I regrettably don't even know you, but you must be a brother of inspirational proportions to be a mod of such a fine upstanding forum as this!!

:)

It's time you stepped away from your wife/children/etc and spent time with your real family!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The-Rigger wrote:
    Greetings Brother Robbo!

The suggestion for another mod does not detract from your work.

The simple fact of the matter is we don't see you much, we would like to see more of you.
    I regrettably don't even know you, but you must be a brother of inspirational proportions to be a mod of such a fine upstanding forum as this!!

:)

It's time you stepped away from your wife/children/etc and spent time with your real family!

:D

Are you saying Brother Robbo has a Real Life too? I don't feel so bad now.

• Advertisement

tom dunne wrote:
    Are you saying Brother Robbo has a Real Life too? I don't feel so bad now.

I can't say for sure, but the evidence would suggest it's likely. :(

I have changed the thread title to give my fellow brothers a little scare. :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It is indeed a disturbing thread title Brother Rigger, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

As for the issue of new, or more, mods, in keeping with the spirit of BGRH I personally favour the less is more approach. While it is humbling and gratifying that some of my fellow Brethren would consider me worthy of such an exalted position (the cheques are in the post Brothers), Brother Robbo does a fine job of moderating the forum and whether there is a need for help can really only be answered by him. I think for the type of forum this is there is huge potential for it to descend down the slippery slope of AH-ness, but it is a testament to the Brothers, and Brotherettes, that serious moderation is not required. Now let us have no more of this crazy talk and retire to Yore Ma's for pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think as a forum, BGRH is possibly one of the most entertaining and friendly places you can post. We have a laugh, there's rarely any spam or arguements, and the only reason a mod is really needed, is to sticky the threads or burn the metrosexuals when they post their wimmenly **** on the forum.

Perhaps we're lucky to have one of the few forums that doesn't need heavy modding or censorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

The-Rigger wrote:
    Brother Trout is worthy of consideration too, if a little quiet lately?!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ... I have been a little quiet lately ... I've changed jobs, and it took me a long time to convince the powers-that-be that Boards.ie is absolutely essential to my productivity :rolleyes:

I think it's nice that this forum is so lightly modded ... in a very real way we live together peaceably in self governing freedom and Brotherhood. I can't remember when we were last cursed with a troll or shill, and as others have said, a hyperactive mod would fly somewhat in the face of reason for this forum.

If we ever did need another mod ... Brother Zaph gets my vote. And Brother The Bollox. And Brother Tom Dunne ... in fact, most of the regulars here could "do a job" for us.

Consider ... what other forum would have members freely and openly discuss this topic ?

• Advertisement

I would support all the brothers mentioned so far. But a little more modding here might keep pedantic crap like last nights little ruckus from happening again. It ruins the good atmosphere we have going here.

I would support all the brothers mentioned so far. But a little more modding here might keep pedantic crap like last nights little ruckus from happening again. It ruins the good atmosphere we have going here.

What ruckus ? What did I miss ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

trout wrote:
    Consider ... what other forum would have members freely and openly discuss this topic ?

It's very tempting to throw it out there in AH, isn't it? ;)

trout wrote:
    What ruckus ? What did I miss ?
    I'm way too lazy to post a link but look at the logic test thread. Bit of a bust up between brother rigger and kazobel.

just read the Logic thread ... kind of proves the point that we self-regulate.

I thought the dog pic was funneh though ... kind of an anti-cat picture. :rolleyes:

+1, that's why I posted this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I'm way too lazy to post a link but look at the logic test thread. Bit of a bust up between brother rigger and kazobel.

True but I thought they had buried that one after I promised to withold beer rights in yore mas' !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

True but I thought they had buried that one after I promised to withold beer rights in yore mas' !

Yep, as far as I know myself and rigger have put that little episode behind us and are now hunky dory again ;)

Advertisement