Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everying in Moderation.

Options
  • 07-09-2007 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

It has occurred to me that the two moderators of this forum don't to my knowledge post frequently here.

I think one or more of the senior upstanding BGRH members should be a moderator also.

What say you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah agree with you there, robbo and wwm are rarely seen, tom dunne must be considered for the role

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

There are many inspriring candidates for the role/s

indeed there are, ac, dj, td, yourself and dare i say hg or even myself? to mention but a few

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

me me me. love to have control. :D

HAPPYGIRL wrote:
    love to have control. :D

mobile number please:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

rigg you got the title wrong :(
    Admiral when i'm a mod we'll see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

tom dunne or brother zaph get my vote.

indeed there are, ac, dj, td, yourself and dare i say hg or even myself? to mention but a few

I'm far too much of a noob.

Brother Trout is worthy of consideration too, if a little quiet lately?!

I'm sure there are others :)
    yeah agree with you there, robbo and wwm are rarely seen, tom dunne must be considered for the role

Brother Tom seems to disappear for extended periods? (DAMN HIM AND HIS HAVING A LIFE!)

I would tend towards the regular frequent posters. Brother Zalph comes to mind as a fine example.

me me me. love to have control. :D

I told you I'd let you be on top once you finished ploughing the land and brought me a beer!

:eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hagar, Tom or AC get my vote.

The-Rigger - You would have got a vote too, but you drink milk with your dinner. 6/10 - Must try harder. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

10 replys and not one mention ! :mad: Right that's it you can serve your own beer :mad:

• Advertisement

10 replys and not one mention ! :mad: Right that's it you can serve your own beer :mad:

ah, when I logged off last night I thought to add our fantastic bartenders. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The-Rigger wrote:
    Brother Tom seems to disappear for extended periods? (DAMN HIM AND HIS HAVING A LIFE!)

:D
    10 replys and not one mention ! mad.gif Right that's it you can serve your own beer mad.gif

Brother Slow Motion, it takes a certain kind of person to serve beer in Yore Ma. I would hate to think there would ever be a conflict of interest between serving beer and moderating.

So the brethren are really protecting you, such is the respect we have for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well WWM is Cmod of the Rec Category, that’s why he mods this. I would gladly mod this forum and I’m glad to see some of the brothers put my name in.

I would say that it has to be a regular, someone who is on the forum frequently. Zaph, rig, slowmo, darkjager, admiral, hagar are names you regularly see when on the forum and in my opinion would make fine mods. Tom and Trout while both bring honour to the brotherhood and both are a shining example of what it is to be a brother, I feel that they are not on here on a regular enough basis (damn them and their lives).

When we come to a conclusion, I'll put a thread up in the mods forum about this or pm one of the admins and inform them of who we feel would be the best mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think you'll need Robbo's input here. As far as another mod goes, I don't think it necessary as the forum is relatively easy to look after and Robbo has responded to any reported posts almost instantly. Just because he's rarely seen doesn't mean he isn't lurking. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

tom dunne wrote:
    :D

Brother Slow Motion, it takes a certain kind of person to serve beer in Yore Ma. I would hate to think there would ever be a conflict of interest between serving beer and moderating.

So the brethren are really protecting you, such is the respect we have for you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53915724&postcount=2732

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i think i should be a mod, cos i could whip you all into submission and pole dance anytime i wanted to

irishbird wrote:
    i think i should be a mod, cos i could whip you all into submission and pole dance anytime i wanted to

You can poll dance anytime you want as it is. :p

The-Rigger wrote:
    You can poll dance anytime you want as it is. :p

okay then, if any of your were misbehaving, i am sure i could a very easy way of calming everyone down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Why is a new mod needed? Are there posts that need removing? Trolls? Threads that need stickying?

I can understand wanting a brother at the wheel for the sake of it but is it needed? If you think it is then maybe put the arguement forward in the Feedback Forum?

There are some great brothers here who could mod this place with there drinking hand tied behind their backs ... but its unnessecery effort for a brother to go through when he could be playin' "Scratch & Sniff".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

...I feel that they are not on here on a regular enough basis...

When you say someone is not here on a regular enough basis - what do you mean? I'm in & out of here every hour or so (during working hours), but don't post each time. My point is that the level of posting does not necessarily reflect the time spent on the forum & ability to see what's going on & moderate accordingly.

Also, if a new mod were appointed - if they were truly engrained in "the Brotherhood" they may feel a conflict of interest if another close brother stepped out of line.

Anyway, does the forum really need a new Mod? I don't think so. Things move along here nicely. Just coz Robbo isn't supping away in Yore Ma on a regular basis dosn't mean that he needs one of "the Brotherhood" to help him mod the place.

That's my 2¢.

• Advertisement

do you really want some power tripping mod in here every minute banning people cos he is in a bad mood. i think its fine the way it is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lets just accept that there are some potentially great mods in the brotherhood but that the forum is so good it doesnt need to be heavily modded.

That ok with everyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hill Billy wrote:
    When you say someone is not here on a regular enough basis - what do you mean? I'm in & out of here every hour or so (during working hours), but don't post each time. My point is that the level of posting does not necessarily reflect the time spent on the forum & ability to see what's going on & moderate accordingly.

I never thought of it that way, I suppose you do tend to notice someone more when they post quiet a bit than when they are lurking.
    Hill Billy wrote:
    Also, if a new mod were appointed - if they were truly engrained in "the Brotherhood" they may feel a conflict of interest if another close brother stepped out of line.

While this could be a problem, I think they would have the balls to tell someone to cop themselves on when said person is out of line.
    Hill Billy wrote:
    Anyway, does the forum really need a new Mod? I don't think so. Things move along here nicely. Just coz Robbo isn't supping away in Yore Ma on a regular basis dosn't mean that he needs one of "the Brotherhood" to help him mod the place.

There was a thread on here not too long ago about someone thinking about eating dog food and it was dealt with pretty swiftly if I remember correctly (thankfully a few of us got to post up our thoughts before it was deleted :)).

6th wrote:
    Lets just accept that there are some potentially great mods in the brotherhood but that the forum is so good it doesnt need to be heavily modded.

That ok with everyone?

In fairness, no one has suggested that the forum become heavily moderated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Brothers I am surprised at you! Brother Robbo is simply leading by example. He is so supreme in his lazyness that he does the bare minimum required of his job.

For Brother Robbo to both moderate this forum and post frequently would be a step too far in this brothers opinion! That would be like putting in extra effort!! :eek: Moderating and posting would also reduce beer drinking and pizza eating time significantly...not to be taken lightly brothers!

Brothers I am surprised at you! Brother Robbo is simply leading by example. He is so supreme in his lazyness that he does the bare minimum required of his job.

For Brother Robbo to both moderate this forum and post frequently would be a step too far in this brothers opinion! That would be like putting in extra effort!! :eek: Moderating and posting would also reduce beer drinking and pizza eating time significantly...not to be taken lightly brothers!

I do notice that I have to put down either the food or the beer before I post. It's not an easy decision. Maybe brother robbo, just can't part with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

irishbird wrote:
    no wimmin can mod teh BGRH. it would be like having a man mod the wimmins forum. out and out no on teh wimmins. count yourselves lucky that you are allowed in!

The Bollox wrote:
    it would be like having a man mod the wimmins forum. out and out no on teh wimmins.

What's worng with that, it's not like we're going to let a woman be a mod. That would be stupid. *runs and hides before Beruthiel sees this*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Interesting dilemma, which to put down...beer or food? As I usually drink heavy ales and Stouts they count as food too so this brother would normally put the food down...or at least to one side while posting!

*burp*
    /wipes mouth with sleeve

Advertisement