Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

euph wrote:
    Also, how many other countries have a €40 "stamp duty" on credit cards, its the most ridiculous tax.
    None at a guess.

I still have a UK card that I've not bothered to get rid of incase I ever need spare for emergencies with a 3grand limit I think, not been chaged anything for that in all the time I've had it. The 40 notes tax for the honour of having a credit card here is fecking daft though, and that they have it on ATM cards as well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

euph wrote:
    Credit card + online banking is a great combo. You can pay it off as you use it, and no big shocks at the end of the month.

A friend of mine uses Laser/Credit card for most purchases, his theory is that if you withdraw €50 from an ATM, and make a purchase for 23euro or so, you can wave goodbye to the other 27euro...

Quite true. I find if have the money there I'm more likely to spend it on random stuff. If I wanted something for €5 or €10 and I only have laser I'll usually leave it until next time I have cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Plug wrote:
    I phoned 3V and asked them about it, are you sure it wasen't a wetdream maybe?
    You shouldn't of rang them...
    I jsut linked mine to my Paypal and busted it all ebaying;) It works

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Plug wrote:
    what else is there to know?

The dangers of unsafe sex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

If you don't know how to get one, then you probably shouldn't own one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

www.itsyourmoney.ie

The financial Regulator will give you all the info you need!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ColHol wrote:
    www.itsyourmoney.ie

The financial Regulator will give you all the info you need!

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Plug wrote:
    i could organise an 11 year old prostitute if thats what you want.

Mr Foot, id like to introduce you to Mr Mouth.

I have never understood the need for a card except for online buying, even at that its only things impossible to get cheap in the real world like flights. Anyone who runs into card debt is an idiot who shouldnt have ever been allowed to leave their mammys house and ought to be oput in some type of care home.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tingo

Plug wrote:
    I phoned 3V and asked them about it, are you sure it wasen't a wetdream maybe?

If you check their website, you'd see there's no problem with it. Go to help, click on 'shopping with a 3v voucher' and there's a section for ebay and paypal. No problems there. Perhaps the person on the phone thought you were under 18 or that the cost of the item you wished to buy was more than you had on the card. I've used one on ebay without any issues. :cool:

The only issue with using your 3v voucher is "where the merchant expects to receive a credit card from the customer, such as hotel check-in, paying when you pick up rental cars or collecting tickets" or on gambling sites.

So yeah, Flunked wasn't dreaming. Maybe you dreamt the phonecall? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Oh yeah AIB offer a student one with pretty low interest, only a 600 euro limit too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

As someone who works in the area, be careful about signing up for direct debits with online companies. Can be hard enough to get them to stop it.
    Always pay your full balance to avoid interest, not just the min payment.
    And always ring beforehand when you're going to use it abroad, otherwise there's a good chance of referrals...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

using 3v on ebay is simple, just register the card on your paypal account for added security. You have to add it as a Visa

Advertisement