Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Teen South Carolina is a genius!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I don't think the girl would able to be able to locate a map if given her pick of a few random items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Finished "3rd runner up" according to wikipedia, whatever that means.

It means she is a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I hope she gets sent to "The Iraq" to work with the poor of Baghdad as her third runner-up prize. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I like, em, such as things such as em, biting the pillow, and em, not talking an embarrasing myself and ,em , such as taking one for South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

What the hell was she trying to say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

americans are so ****ing arrogant and ignorant...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

americans are so ****ing arrogant and ignorant...

Some might consider it ignorant to make a statement that covers 250M people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

The-Rigger wrote:

"Some people say the moon landing never happened, and that it was all reincarnated in Arizona" :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

DCC160 wrote:
    The guy jogging near the White House - doesn't know what state KFC comes from but knows it stands for Kentuckey Fried Chicken :D :eek:

French fries don't come from France, Frankfurters don't come from Frankfurt, and Canadian bacon, afaik, is just ham. Chinese takeaways with Beijing/Shanghai/Hong Kong in their names do not necessarily come from there. As it happens KFC did start in Kentuckey, but it could equally be started in New York or California.

As for Ms Teen South Carolina, she'll make a fine US president one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I wish people would stop calling him "AC Slater" and instead refer to him by his real name Mario Lopez. (esp considering it's August now and he only turns back into Slater each February).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

The Bollox wrote:
    I'd hit it, I wouldn't listen to it, but I would hit it

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

French fries don't come from France, Frankfurters don't come from Frankfurt, and Canadian bacon, afaik, is just ham. Chinese takeaways with Beijing/Shanghai/Hong Kong in their names do not necessarily come from there. As it happens KFC did start in Kentuckey, but it could equally be started in New York or California.

please tell me your kidding, so if you were asked where did KFC come from, you would say 'it round the corner from Atlantic homecare'?
    So it not just americans:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

The Bollox wrote:
    I'd hit it, I wouldn't listen to it, but I would hit it
    Oriel wrote:
    I'd wreck that.
    But I'd still love to **** her tho.

On further review, the movie Idiocracy's dire vision of the future wasn't exaggerated.

As for Ms Teen South Carolina, she'll make a fine US president one day.

At least this one doesn't resemble a primate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Ah come on, these videos you're posting up have to be fake and set-up in some way surely, right? Especially the Australian guy out on the street asking the Americans those questions. I know the yanks have that kind of reputation about them and all but, Christ on a bike, nobody could be that plain f**king stupid as they are in that video, right? It must be fixed in some way. It HAS to be fixed in some way! Please, someone, tell me it was just the way it was edited or something like that and help restore my faith in humanity because if Americans really are that dumb then God help us all! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Sadly Aidan many of those responses seemed too natural to be rehearsed.

Of course they probably asked 700 people and picked the odd plonkers for the show. CNNNNNN is satire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Lirange wrote:
    Sadly Aidan many of those responses seemed too natural to be rehearsed.

Of course they probably asked 700 people and picked the odd plonkers for the show. CNNNNNN is satire.

Ya it would be like walking around Dublin and asking the same questions but only showing skangers answers. What would a foreigner think of Ireland if they watched that show.

Lirange wrote:
    Of course they probably asked 700 people and picked the odd plonkers for the show.

Yeah, I was hoping that was the case alright. Surely not all Americans are that stupid as those ones.

Having said that, though, I have seen and read things in recent years where some fairly normal, intelligent Americans (comedians, politicians, authors, etc.) have actually come out and admitted, much to their shame, that the majority of the American public actually are that dumb these days. I remember seeing one stand-up comedian saying, "You want to know the level of intelligence of most Americans nowadays? Just look at our President. That's what you're dealing with!"

If that really is the case, that the majority of the American public (51% or more or over 150 million people! :eek:) actually do have the same level of intelligence of the people in that video, for example, then that is one hell of a scary thought, isn't it?

I, personally, can't believe those figures. Maybe I'm being naive or I like to give people the benefit of the doubt or something, who knows, but my take on it is how could America have become the richest, most powerful country in the world if the majority of it's population were that stupid, eh? Does that mean the remaining minority are super or hyper-intelligent to make up the difference or something? Does the richest country in the world have such a poor education system that the majority of it's population think American states are actually other countries outside the US or that there have been three World Wars? Don't they teach even basic history and geography in America, for God's sake? I mean, what the f**k is going on in that country if that's the case, eh? :confused:

Ah, never mind, I'm just rambling to myself at this stage! I don't think I'll ever fully understand the yanks and how they think or operate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

In a lot of cases I think it's ignorance rather than stupidty, not that that's any better.

They are well controlled and kept ignorant by their government via the media and their 'education' system, or lack there of, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

I'd do her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Aw, give the girl a break. She appears nervous, and not great at thinking on her feet. Now that she's been watched around the world and laughed at, she must be mortified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Oh and an absolutely headwrecking one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvjdzfV2iFQ

Its tragic that I must admit my housemate is just as bad when it comes to the pc in our house:

She did in fact believe the computer was the monitor and that the tower had nothing to do with it.

this included turning it off and on, putting in dvds and finally my personal favourite:

A friend has me minding some of his stuff while he is moving, this included a HD TV...much bigger then my pc monitor I wanted to play Bioshock on it instead of my crappy little monitor. So I hooked it up to the pc.

Low and behold my housemate comes home and rings me on my mobile (I was out):

HER: How do I set up the PC?

ME: Why is something wrong?

HER: Well I came home and I found it unplugged in the sitting room

ME: thats weird it was on when I left?

HER: I plugged it back in but nothing's happening

ME: Is the mouse and keyboard working

HER: I'm moving the mouse but nothing is happening (brief pause) Thats weird the internet is on the tv.

ME: The Mouse?

HER: Yes the mouse is hooked up to the tv

ME: ... The TV is hooked up to the computer...

HER: Oh...How did you do that?

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Its tragic that I must admit my housemate is just as bad when it comes to the pc in our house:

She did in fact believe the computer was the monitor and that the tower had nothing to do with it.

Yep, I feel your pain, my friend. Been there many, many times. :(

And, just like that poor guy in that video above, when you come across one of those types of completely technically/computer illiterate people, no matter how much you break things down to them and explain it in the absolute simplest of terms you can and show them things over and over and over again, they still don't get it or have "just one more question" to ask.

After years of having to deal with those kinds of people, I am now firmly of the belief that some people should have to take a test of some sort (like a driving test) to prove they understand and can use a computer adequately before even being let near one on their own........ and that other people, like the girl in the video above, shouldn't ever be let within a mile of one full stop! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

if she is that thick on stage imagine what she would be like in the scratcher. you could do anything to her. she would be like "yeah sure..like...ok...put it there"

"You want me to, um, such as, in the Iraq....education, swallow.....yeah. South Africa."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kelle wrote:
    Aw, give the girl a break. She appears nervous, and not great at thinking on her feet. Now that she's been watched around the world and laughed at, she must be mortified.

I think any of us would be capable of saying something stupid if we were as nervous as she was. The problem is her way of thinking, ohh I know once I say random poor country's in my answer, no matter what the question, the judges will like me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

magick wrote:
    I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because uhh some people out there in our nation don't have that,

I think she said; "don't have maps". It's hard to hear some of her mumblings though, let alone understand them.

She did seem quite nervous though. +1 to hit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I don't think that the notion that she knew what she was talking about (but just unfortunately stumbled over her words in a pressure situation) should even be entertained.

She clearly just had a bunch of prepared answers for any given question and nothing more. Problem of course being that if she screwed up her script or got something that was a slightly off topic she couldn't recover because she didn't actually understand any of what she was talking about.

Now she'd probably get 600 points at the leaving cert with that sort of attitude to knowledge, but that won't get you far in something serious & life defining like a national beauty contest!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Somebody left pandora's box open...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

She'd get it good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I hate f*cking thick bints.

Guys, I know she's really pretty and has a great figure but would her phenomenal thickness not turn you off 100%? Even just the idea of shagging her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Dudess wrote:
    I hate f*cking thick bints.

Guys, I know she's really pretty and has a great figure but would her phenomenal thickness not turn you off 100%? Even just the idea of shagging her?

Yes- shes a complete spastic, but i'd still giver her a go, I just would'nt give her a chance to talk!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement