Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Shops and Least Favourite....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

New Look, H&M, Sasha, Topshop, Oasis...some nice clothes in Bay sometimes too and Miss Selfridge....not too fussed on River Island either, rarely go in there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Niamho! wrote:
    I loved Jane Norman. thought it was the best thing ever around the time of my 21st (3 yrs ago) but now i go in and its just the most Tacky clothes in it made of ****ty material that i could make myself. and it helps to be a size 6-8 most the time.

I know exactly what you mean. When they first opened in Cork, all their stuff was really nice, in particular their dresses and tops. Now, it's all the same, you're lucky if you find anything really nice, and it's all made of that horrible clingy material.
    Faerie wrote:
    the Topshop in Cork is tiny.
    Unfortunately. It's in Debenhams with a load of other shops - Miss Selfridge, Bay and Morgan - all piled up on top of each other. Before Debenhams took over Roches Stores, it used to be marginally bigger and better laid out *sniff* oh, to have shops like Dublin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Lovin':
    H&M
    Penneys
    Asha (although it's a bit hit and miss at times)
    Pull and Bear

Hatin':
    Dunnes Stores
    TopShop
    Vero Moda
    River Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i spend wayyyyy too much money in bershka and h&m,i love vera moda too i think it has some really nice stuff every now and again.I hate brown thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bex81

I have to say Zara does my head in. Im a size 10-12 (depending on where I shop), 34c bra (fairly average I woulda thought). I was in there last winter lookin for a winter coat. I saw a lovely one but on trying it on I couldnt even close the xl over my chest:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nightwish wrote:
    Hatin':
    Dunnes Stores

Ahhh, how come? I work there, loving loads of the clothes atm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

I have the same problem, i can't shop in Topshop or RI, Jane Norman(used to be good stuff), H&M
    Oasis also have a good collection, Warehouse has improved their quality. Karen Millen, Coast, Next, M&S(per una and limited edition) also have impressive clothes, Julien(although they have some crappy stuff), BT2, Zara(not good for trousers)
    It would be nice if stores do loyalty cards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love:
    Penneys
    Topshop
    New look
    Oasis
    H&M

I hate anything in the ilac centre and those little shops like Japan and miss moneypenny, pure trash!
    also warehouse, their collection doesn't interest me and the one in liffey valley smells really weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

It would be nice if stores do loyalty cards :)

God no, they should be scrapped. They're a wate of time - basically they are there to track what you buy for market research. The return just isn't worth the worrying people do about them anyway. The only time they're good is when shops do the 20% back thing on certain items.
    I work in a shop that takes them and they drive me mad. People get so worked up about them, I hate all these losers who need their one cent back after they've spent loads of money on rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Like:
    Awear (but has gone downhill quality-wise),
    Monsoon (expensive and some things go a bit funny when you wash them but I love the clothes),
    Next (why don't more people like them? good for winter fleecey jumpers etc.),
    River Island (jeans etc that actually fit properly on short-arsed little me),
    Warehouse (expensive though, nice to look in then find cheaper versions elsewhere like Penney's/Dunnes),
    Penney's,
    Dunnes (but Penney's is better),
    Debenham's (although that's more like a shopping centre with a bit of every other chain in there),
    H&M (but when you find something you love you'll see ten other people fighting over the sizes left on the rails),
    Boutiques (for something a bit different).

Dislike:
    Jane Norman (tack, tack, tack),
    Berschka (full of stuff with stupid slogans),
    Pull and Bear,
    Zara (why was everybody over the moon when Zara came to Ireland?),
    Stradivarius (more stupid slogans).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Favs:
    Topshop
    Pull & Bear
    Hollister (US)
    Hot Topic (US)
    Zara

Least favs:
    Jane Norman
    Morgan
    all those cheap crappy clothes shops, you know the teen disco clothes ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Topman pretty much is the bestest ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

wish i lived in america love the american brands

like:american eagle...absolutely my favourite, if this shop came to ireland i think it would be the only shop i'd ever buy my clothes from lol

hollister

abercrombie and fitch...but not the typical big hoodies

delias

urban outfitters

bt2

brown thomas

arnotts...especiallt the gap shop in it lol vanity sizing wha !and the ralphie stock is always good!

love kildare village really only for the ralph lauren and monsoon and starbucks lol

dislike:
    woodstock, design edge, clothes line and japan in kilkenny, all sell crappy abercrombie and hollister knock offs

other cheap stores

zara...just dont like it

bershka...makes me feel fat lol

pennys, just plain yuck!

tommy hilfiger, waaay too common now

that fake diesel shop in dublin, its just wrong!

i am too picky with my clothes now, haven't bought many clothes in ireland since like last summer...online shopping wooo

definately favourite brand is ralph lauren so wherever stocks that basically!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I like.
    -Monsoon
    -Abercrombie
    -BT2
    -Miss Selfridge
    -Bershka
    -Topshop
    -FCUK
    -H&M

I dislike
    -Pennys
    -Dunnes
    -Trashy lil boutiques that the average 15 year old mother of 2 shops for a night of knacker drinking down a canal line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I Like: Topshop
    H+M (cept there's none where I live :()
    New Look
    AWear

Hate: Jane Norman....tack...clone-ish clothes..
    Those Libaas/Magic places
    Next, Fcuk, Mexx,

Would like the money to afford:
    Urban Outfitters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I absolutly hate Pennys and H&M, why anyone who wasn't totally down and out would buy anything in these cheap tacky shops I dont know! Even thinking about the quality of the material brings me out in a rash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

^^^Dont ever stand close to me then, as most of my close come from both of those shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seriously why the **** would anyone dislike H&M it has everything i need

* good quality clothes (wearing a H&M zip hoodie atm that's like 3 years old and still looks brand new (well it looks slightly stressed but some people actually buy clothes like that brand new :eek:))

* cheap enough.

* has no crappy logos (not that i dislike logos but some are just plain old **** or fecking huge) or <insert random made up US college> and 19XX plastered all over it.

* it's swedish, sooner everything is taken over by the swedish, the better. (little bias as i work for a swedish company (not H&M)).

the quality may bring you out in a rash, that's not H&M's fault tbh and if it was H&M's fault everyone else would be giant walking rashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I Like:

Urban Outfitters
    BT2
    Zara
    Arnotts
    Pull and Bear

I Dislike:

Unique (haha)
    Fake Diesel
    Envy
    Pennys
    any American Eagle, AF preppy rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

I agree with Cremo.... H&Ms the best, love their clothes and its such great value, same for Bershka. Also like Topshop and Urban Outfitters but they are overpriced.

I don't like RiverIsland or Awear and any shops that think there are no people smaller than a size 8!! :mad:

• Advertisement

I don't like RiverIsland or Awear and any shops that think there are no people smaller than a size 8!! :mad:

yep yep that is annoying!!!...grrr i hate though the way you can change so much in sizes between shops and the way gap does vanity sizing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Someone please explain how Topshop is "overpriced"?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

Na... don't get me wrong i love Topshop, i don't think its ridicusoly overpriced but compared to H&M its expensive. I'm a student and maybe i just notice it more cause i'm always smashed and could get two pairs of jeans in H&M for the price i'd get one pair in topshop. Same with t-shirts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

Penney's
    H&M
    Delias

Dislikes:
    Zara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

h&m
    pennys
    and my favourite shops ever are pure in waterford or global

hates

jane norman [like someone sadi it full of tack ]

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

- Jack&Jones (Same style as really expensive brands but much cheaper)
    - Energie
    - Diesel
    - G Star
    - Zara
    - Selected Homme

Dislikes:

- Pull&Bear
    - Topshop
    - Unique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I like Game

MooseJam wrote: »
    I like Game

is that not a computer game store?...this is in the fashion and appearance section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i love:
    zara
    oasis
    bts-for miss sixty
    tubes
    top shop-for some things

hate:
    fcuk
    jeans scene
    i used love vera moda not any more

im sure there are plenty to add to the list but its late and im tired