Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Shops and Least Favourite....

Options
  • 24-08-2007 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

i'm buying alot of clothes in Vero Moda lately. they have kinda different stuff lately. i'm liking it alot.
    used to be a River Island Addict. not anymore.

I NEVER buy anything From Topshop. EVER. weird.....i just dont bother going in anymore....they never have anything i like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Have to sat, I'm the opposite. Never see anything in Vera Moda but have been shopping a lot in topshop these days. Used to love awear too but it's gone a bit cr@p the past year if ya ask me.
    Ya can't beat penny's for some cheap n cheerful stuff though!
    H&M is another favourite, and miss selfridges!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fav's:

urban outfitters - nice but expensive.
    american eagle - cheap what you see is what you get
    h&m - cheap and great quality.
    pennys - cheap what you see is what you get
    dunnes - cheap what you see is what you get

least fav's
    anywhere that sells "distressed" stuff. - looks silly.
    FCUK - just don't like it
    TxMaxx - you'll break your balls looking for something and you don't really save that much, i'm a man i prefer to be in and out of a shop in like 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

I love New look for Tees!! Can never get enough. I like Vera Modas knits and topshop was my place to shop all the time... but I can afford €63 jeans anymore. River Island I go into but I am never wanting to really HAVE someting unless its a sparkly accessory! Pennys!!! When the wages come in thats where you'll find me. I got most of the last summer stock in there perfect for heading quickly down to the shop between catching a few rays on the beach!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Fave: Berskha, H and M, Pull nd Bear and asos(if you can call that a shop)
    Good selection, colourful and cool stuff

Least: Jeanscene Jack and Jones, River Island, FCUK, BT2
    First 3 are just such bad quality and full of knackery stuff and the others are dear and cliched

Undecided: Tribe(Dear but nice) Topman(Not great for the common man but some nice gear) Pennys (Nice stuff but you could see ten guys wearing the same stuff as you within an hour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Favourites:
    Penney's and Mango... that's pretty much where I shop, apart from the occasional designer stuff i buy online.

Least Favourite:

French Connection... I just don't get why it's so expensive. It looks cheap and is very plain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Favourites:

H & M (nice bright colours, great for basics, accessories as well)
    Penneys (good for accessories, socks etc)
    The Dunnes Savida range is good when I can afford it.

Used to go into Topshop a lot but don't bother now, a lot of the stuff is too high fashion and will look silly in 6 months.
    A-wear isnt as god as it used to be.
    Next's clothes are bland and plain but they always were, same as M & S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Favourites :

Topshop, Miss. Selfridge, Abercrombie, H&M, River Island, Urban Outfitters & Awear.

Least Favourites :

Berseka - used to like it but haven't seen anything nice there in ages.

Vibe, 40 Degrees, No name, Japan, Angel, Extravert, Fab, Catch etc - all are full of cheap polyester clothes that shrink in the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

penny's got a lot for the family

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Jeez not many FCUK fans here! Yes, most of the stuff is perhaps overpriced, but the quality is good and there is some very nice stuff (IMO anyway).

Personally, love Urban Outfitters (however it's very pricey), Topshop, liking FCUK at the moment and the vintage shops around town.

Don't like River Island at all.

H and M...indifferent.

Oasis and Warehouse...now and again...but very expensive for what's on offer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

Like:
    TopShop
    H&M
    Penneys
    Oasis
    A/Wear
    Warehouse

Dislike:
    River Island
    Vero Moda
    TkMaxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I never notice one mainstream shop having distinctly different styles of clothes to the next. I don't have a favourite or a least favourite for this reason, I just buy what I think looks nice and isn't overpriced....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Love:

Miss Selfridge
    A-Wear
    River Island
    Bay (eh..the odd time)
    Penneys
    Mango
    Dorothy Perkins
    Red Herring

Dislike:

Tk Maxx, the sight of the rails..ughh
    H&M has really gone downhill, I think
    Bershka ^
    Zara..just don't like it
    Stradivarius
    River Island overpriced
    Warehouse WAY overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

oooh yes forgot, Mango has some lovely stuff.

Also, CorruptedMorals, FINALLY someone else who "just doesn't like" Zara...it just does nothing for me! My friends can't understand this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Favourite: Massimo Duiti.

Least Favourite: Um, so many suck, it's hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Topshop for some things. Love the Realitees and some of the shoes and accessories. Also my fave jeans are from there. Had to buy 2 pairs! Unfortunately no other trousers in that shop fit me.

River Island used to be great but haven't seen anything in there lately. Bought a top and shorts in the sale but haven't seen anything lately that has wowed me.

Vero Moda went all weird with their jean sizing so I'm not that big a fan. Got one of my fave hoodies there then lost it in Fibbers though :( Had a pair of jeans from there that I wore til they were so threadbare it was unfixable but those were my only finds really.

Penneys is great for random things. Can find bargains once in a while. Boughta pair of leopard print ballet pumps for a tenner and they're one of my most used pairs of shoes.

Arnotts has everything. I used to work near it and spent so much money in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

was in the Beautiful place that is the Square a while ago. walked by Japan....everytime i walk past i just think its pure TACKY!!! ugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

My least favorite shop in Debenhams.

I often drop in but I have not bought as much as a pair of socks.

I find Pennys good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

New Look
    Sasha
    No Name (sorry but I've gotten some really nice dresses in there)
    Dunnes Stores Savida range
    H&M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I like: Vera Moda, River Island, Topshop, Abercrombie & Fitch, Miss Selfridge, Penneys (obviously) and AWear.
    I don't like: Japan and Extrovert, those kinda crappy shops.

New Look I'm undecided on. I like their ballet pumps, and to a certain extent their t-shirts, but everything else just seems to be of poor quality/not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

H&M
    Levi's
    ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Always seem to buy my clothes in H&M and Penneys..

I like the idea of Topshop, but their clothes really just dont suit me, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Like:
    H&M: But not convinced on cut and quality. Great cheap makeup and accessories though!
    BT2.
    Miss Selfridge.
    Bench stuff.
    Urban Outfitters.
    Penneys.
    Jigsaw.
    Clerys/Arnotts.

Indifferent:
    River Island: Used to be great but crap now.
    A-wear: ditto but they do the odd great bag/scarf.
    Mango.
    M&S.
    TK Maxx: Got great stuff there but hate the rooting around.

Dislike:
    Topshop: Expensive, quality is desperate and very little suits me.
    Next: Mammy stuff.
    Zara: Really hate it. They don't do trousers for shorties and I don't buy work clothes so it's no use to me.
    New Look.
    The cheapy shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

I like:

* Genius
    * Sabotage
    * BT2 & BT
    * Topshop
    * Reiss
    * Tribe
    * Warehouse
    * Monsoon
    * Rococco
    * Urban Outfitters
    * Arnotts
    * Anything that's a little different and quirky, NOT mass produced clothing stores...

Don't Like:

* River Island
    * New Look
    * H&M
    * Penny's
    * Miss Selfridge
    * Any of those little shops like Magic, No Name, Japan etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

Like:
    *Penneys for basics & accessories but haven't seen much there for a while
    *Topshop for tops but some of their stuff is a bit too 'art studenty'
    *Zara for work clothes - trousers have longer legs and come in smaller sizes
    *Savida but anyone else notice a change in their sizes??? They're trousers are huge now
    *Brown Thomas for handbags, not that I've been able to afford a new one for a while

Dislike
    *H&M - I just don't see what the fuss is about
    *Next - so boring
    *River Island - either they used to have nice stuff or I just didn't know any better. They're stuff just looks tacky and has been the same for years
    *Japan/Jane Norman/No Name/any of those tacky paki shops - tacky and gaudy
    *A Wear - plain and boring, but I did see some nice workwear there yesterday so they may be on the up...

Edit: Oh and when I'm in the States I love Abercrombie & Fitch and Guess

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

faves:
    River island: jeans are the best
    Pull and bear : has to be my fav shop ever got great stuff in barcelona
    h&m: just amazing and cheap
    Penneys: cant beat it

Notso good:
    Topshop: never see anything i like in it really
    TK Maxx: too much work
    A/Wear: nothing in it lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Faves:
    Next for work stuff
    M & S (good work stuff) nice tshirts
    Penneys (variety great for shoes/handbags)
    Arnotts
    Wallis

Indifferent
    Topshop
    Dorothy Perkins
    Miss Selfridge

Dislike:
    H & M (sizes are wierd)
    Debenhams
    Japan
    Warehouse
    River Island

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i like warehouse recently,...i used to hate them but they're picking up the game....

I love top shop for funky pieces and the quality is pretty good

have a real thing for Jenny Vander in town, love that place,...real high class vintage...its my fav!

hate river island, i reckon their stuff is the most dull i can never find anything in there although their jeans are a good fit!

after that, put me anywhere near a no name or japan or jane norman and i break out in a rash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i like warehouse recently,...i used to hate them but they're picking up the game....

I love top shop for funky pieces and the quality is pretty good

have a real thing for Jenny Vander in town, love that place,...real high class vintage...its my fav!

hate river island, i reckon their stuff is the most dull i can never find anything in there although their jeans are a good fit!

after that, put me anywhere near a no name or japan or jane norman and i break out in a rash
    I loved Jane Norman. thought it was the best thing ever around the time of my 21st (3 yrs ago) but now i go in and its just the most Tacky clothes in it made of ****ty material that i could make myself. and it helps to be a size 6-8 most the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i really like topshop
    cant go wrong in that shop

cant stand extrovert or no name or anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Topshop is my favourite by far, I could spend all day in the big one in Dublin! I love their accessories and their quirky 'designer' collections.
    I love Oasis too and I probably buy most of my clothes in there - the Topshop in Cork is tiny.
    I also love Store in Cork, Brown Thomas, Faith, FCUK and Accessorize. New Look is great for shoes, but the clothes are generally boring.

Hate:
    Penny's - The mess, the crowds, horrific quality and cut, and the prices are worrying anyway. I've only ever bought pyjamas in there!
    River Island - Tacky, and way overpriced for the quality.
    All the No Name, extrovert etc shops
    Awear - I used to like it (never loved it because it's always been a bit boring) but now there's absolutely nothing in there.

Advertisement