Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland team to Play Italy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

was mentioned there that RTE don't have rights to the RWC, who has the rights ? where can I watch it ? (besides the pub !!)

googled a bit....TV3 is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Fair play to the italians,from the sounds of it they gave a hell of a match.Here's hoping they can beat Scotland and get to the quarters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . what kind of performance was that?

Italy were the better team and were robbed by a terrible decision.

Does anyone know exactly what kind of preparation has been done since the end of the season? Anyone?

I'd like to know because all I have seen over the last couple of games is us going backwards at a rate of knots. World cup me bollix methinks.

Unless we are victims of a massive hoax perpetrated on us (and the rest of the rugby world) and we're just lulling them all into a false sense of security. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've been trying to find 1st try scorer. I think it was Trimble. Had him at 10/1. Anyone confirm the scorer? cheers.

Yeah terrible game but I can still see us getting out of our group in the world cup.Even though our backs were terrible we only let in 2 tries.One of which was a bit of bad luck.We'll be no match for France but I still think we may just beat Argentina.The backs were closed down the second they got the ball.Two steps and they were tackled.Lets just hope the addition of Horgan and O Driscoll will help get them back into shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eirebhoy wrote:
    I've been trying to find 1st try scorer. I think it was Trimble. Had him at 10/1. Anyone confirm the scorer? cheers.
    it was trimble.

absolute shambles of a match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

eirebhoy wrote:

It was him, enjoy your winnings. I wouldn't put the on Ireland to do much in France if that's the kind of performance we can expect.

Yeah Trimble.Good bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GerryHatTrick

yeah Trimble got first try

In a way I'm not too downbeat about the performance, the last three games we used the excuse that it wasn't the first team, now surely the lads will have to give themselves a good kick up th hole!

Most worrying thing for me was Horans scrummaging! Woeful at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

What. A. Disaster.

How we managed to win that I don't know.

Really feel sorry for the Italians.
    scargill wrote:
    was mentioned there that RTE don't have rights to the RWC, who has the rights ? where can I watch it ? (besides the pub !!)

TV3 will show all the Irish games, the opening match, two quarter-finals, both semi-finals and the final.

Between ITV 1, 2, 3 + 4 all the matches will be shown too.

Setanta Sports will also show all the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Didnt deserve to win at all. Should have been a try at the end in my view knocked on and even if it wasnt o gara had no control of it.

BUT. The thing that really annoys me is this.Italy dumped their sub's benched 20 minutes to go the team was utterly changed the forwards and the backs. The backs had 2 scrumhalfs one playing out of position and 1 outhalf at center playing out of position and we still didnt manage to make use out of it? I mean we are supposed to be credited to the best midfield in the world and yet we cant even beat two out of position players??? Its mad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ireland is half the team when BOD doesn't play.

RuggieBear wrote:

So why didnt we beat the Scots then?

Granted when BOD is form yeah your statement is true but at the moment i doubt it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

What a disgrace of a performance. This team needs a hell of a lot more match practice, we are nowhere near ready for the World Cup.

If Italy can do this to us one can only imagine what France and Argentina will do to us, theres not a hope we are going to beat France and now Argentina look increasingly more likely to possibly beat us. Either way theres not a hope we are going to reach the semis, not a hope in hell.

D'arcy was the only player out there tonight that played to near his full potential.

Horan was shocking, Stringer had a few hospital passes, Best lost us lineouts, O'Connol was a shadow of the player he usually is, Hickie was very poor, cost us a try by not passing, nearly cost us another try with his long pass and kicking was poor. I could actually go on all day so I think i'll leave it, the only performance I was anywhere near satisfied with was D'arcys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    If Italy can do this to us one can only imagine what France and Argentina will do to us, theres not a hope we are going to beat France and now Argentina look increasingly more likely to possibly beat us. Either way theres not a hope we are going to reach the semis, not a hope in hell.

I'm sorry to say that I agree. What is more is I was of that opinion before tonight's game.

France look, based on their 2 games against England, way ahead of us on all counts. On form Ireland are a threat. As of now, they'll be lucky to play NZ in Cardiff and ship 30+ points before they wake up. Just like 4 years ago.

Pity ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

a flippin shambles!
    lucky to get out of our pool if you ask me!
    france on home soil thats the bet!
    my two cents!
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

RuggieBear wrote:

on the basis of that performance from the back row forwards he won't be seeing enough of the ball to make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Eh... can we all just accept the fact that we're not a good team and move on please? There is no hope for the RWC. I just wish we could accept this now and try not to delude ourselves that there's some sort of glory coming our way. Average at best. Poor at worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Considering thats just the way it is with the modern game. Look at New Zealand's win against SA at Durban a bad spill by a forward and Leon runs the pitch, nothing pretty nothing fancy, you take what your given and so fourth.

Surprised no one has yet to mention David Bortolussi great drop goal :P

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

daveirl wrote:

Agreed. If France had taken their early chances in their last game against Ireland they would have gone on to win the game easily.

Advertisement