Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Failrail"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

paulm17781 wrote:
    Isn't that one of yours too?

I think Victor claims credit for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Transport21 Fan

Yes, I was wondering this as well. Site is gone, blog not updated since 20th June and NJ hasnt posted here, on P11 or IRN in ages.

That's a bit worrying alright. He was doing a fantastic job all on his own. I have respect for anybody who actually gets off the net and does something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 train times

Dermo how many times were you banned from irn?
    Then from another site ?
    Im sorry but it doesnt do your reputation any good to say you were unfavorably treated by two boards unless they are connected... ( are they ? )

Theres too many rail sites around for there own good its not like here in the uk where there are enough entusiasts to warrant it

Now im not having a go at anyone here but there doesnt seem to be a balance of people. nearly everyone here is a member of platform 11 it just raises another point. Shouldnt this discussion be on the p11 site?
    Just a tought
    Regards John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

You are correct to bring this up and I agree. It was an unfortunate decision, along with the press release attacking an SB Post article a while back as I know it seriously damaged P11's image in the print media.

The inclusion of a members only section on the P11 board was introduced to provide a dedicated area for members and the committee to communicate on P11 issues. We do our best to provide info for members first and visitors second. We try to offer something, no matter how small, for the membership free. The publically viewable section of our board is the largest part by far.

As for "you knowing" that our "attack" on the SBP "seriously damaged" P11s image in the print media, with all due respect Thomas, please don't talk clap trap, as you sound like the very people who accused you of "discrediting" P11 many years ago. You know nothing about it.The journalist in question is still respected by me and P11 and we help him out when we can. He uses us and we use him. Thats how stories get printed. Its no big deal. We still reserve the right to defend our own pricinples. End of story. Our relationship with the media is very healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Now im not having a go at anyone here but there doesnt seem to be a balance of people. nearly everyone here is a member of platform 11 it just raises another point.
    You mean, too many people who actually use rail services rather than furiously stoking the engine if you know what I mean?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

DerekP11 wrote:
    The inclusion of a members only section on the P11 board was introduced to provide a dedicated area for members and the committee to communicate on P11 issues. We do our best to provide info for members first and visitors second. We try to offer something, no matter how small, for the membership free. The publically viewable section of our board is the largest part by far.

As for "you knowing" that our "attack" on the SBP "seriously damaged" P11s image in the print media, with all due respect Thomas, please don't talk clap trap, as you sound like the very people who accused you of "discrediting" P11 many years ago. You know nothing about it.The journalist in question is still respected by me and P11 and we help him out when we can. He uses us and we use him. Thats how stories get printed. Its no big deal. We still reserve the right to defend our own pricinples. End of story. Our relationship with the media is very healthy.

Fair enough so.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Isn't that one of yours too?

That's been knocking around for a few years. I think Michael Palin came up with it originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

train times

I was suspended once from IRN, get your facts straight. SUSPENDED, for one week. I left IRN for three weeks after a confrontation with Railcargricer2701 and Back_five, who I exposed as a troll, and I have the e-mail correspondence to prove that. Whats more, I know you are still lurking as flakeymooney, because the real guy himself works as a cleaner in Connolly, and I doubt that he would know his way around a computer, as he is disabled.

From the other site, Irishrailwaysandtechnology, or whoever they are, I was banned without an explanation after the post I made, and I quoted it. If they want to be locosexuals, thats fine, but it just has to be realised that locosexuality has a very limited future, and if they carry on with locosexuality the species will die off. The two boards are semi related, Irishrailwaysandtechnology (some long winded name) was started after someone shot their mouth off on Irishrailwaynews.

Now, judging by the dodgy spelling, and the grammar, and the writing style, and that its your first post, I have "just a thought", but it would'nt get past the moderators. What are you playing at? As for being members of Platform11 here only, well, lets here more explanations on what you support before I expand. Oh, tread carefully, because I can spot hidden agendas and vendettas from miles away.

I also read that website...Irish Railway Technology and Information....or whatever it is, and if you are hoping to bump up your pension and lump sum through legal action, you have another thing coming. The dogs in the street know who you are, and you have caused enough trouble through your trolling, your multiple identities and your harrassment. You've destroyed IRN, and I suspect your agenda is to destroy Platform11, your agenda is to keep the locomotives and bangers on the move, your agenda is rural rail only. It won't happen, and your losing. You don't like it, well tough.

I am only a member of Platform11, what I say has nothing to do with Platform11, and these are purely my opinions, but I can back up everything with evidence going back years. Its saved on a computer disk and it is admissible, if necessary in a court of law. But I can go back years in locating your profile and identity, and I did that on IRN. I have also got plenty of posters who are willing to back me up. You are not invincible on the internet, and you would be well advised to take my advice and apologise publicly on IRN and own up.

Otherwise, you will meet your Waterloo at some stage. I think thats a good enough hint as to your location. For reference purposes, here is the relevant hyperlink:

http://groups.msn.com/IrishRailwayTechnologyandinformation/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=74&LastModified=4675635742976719393

Victor, the moderator here will receive a complaint about this, and you'll throw your toys around as usual with your "complaints", and threats. But its not good enough, because frankly speaking, your not very clever as you don't realise what kind of trouble you are getting yourself into. But it won't work. There is free speech, and I have backed all of what I say with evidence, facts and hyperlinks. I have done nothing wrong, and I am merely pointing out incriminating evidence of harrassment. I could easily contact Iarnrod Eireann at this stage regarding your activities, and they would be very interested in what I have, as it would save them a few Euro in redundancy and pension payments. So think carefully, and think wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm locking this thread. All participants might like to step back and look at it from the point of view of an outsider and maybe - just maybe - understand why this person - at least - thinks it reads like a two dimensional playground fight.

I'm getting the impression a lot of personal issues are being fought out here. I could say "take it to PM" but I can't see what that would bring. I could consider a few bans.

One thing I will say: I don't see why battles originating elsewhere have to be fought out on this board and yet that's the overwhelming impression I get on this thread right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement