Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about Ireland v Bayonne TV Coverage??

Options
  • 15-08-2007 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Anyone know if this match is being shown on tv tomorrow night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cc9

was just about to post the same question...i have searched the net but no joy..any1 got any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I don't know either, but this is just perfect for some French club player looking to make a name for himself and help out France by targetting someone like ROG or BOD just to screw up our World Cup. Whoever set fixture up needs to have their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

I agree.. this could end in tragedy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

And then it's back to Belfast for Italy?? Weird...

I also just noticed that Bayonne have sold 15,000 tickets for this, so it aint gonna be no laid back friendly either.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I don't know either, but this is just perfect for some French club player looking to make a name for himself and help out France by targetting someone like ROG or BOD just to screw up our World Cup. Whoever set fixture up needs to have their head examined.
    Bayonne aren't like this at all! They have the nicest players ever! Especially Richard Dourthe! :p

Seriously though, I don't think you should worry about such things lads. It's rugby, not soccer. All your players will come back safe and sound... That's if they get through the warm-up without breaking their knees! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Steff did anyone tell you your a c**t :p
    I dont think this game is on anywhere uinless anyone can find some french TV station via their satilite. Pitty I woulda liked to have seen it

Steff did anyone tell you your a c**t :p
    Pretty much every day...
    I dont think this game is on anywhere uinless anyone can find some french TV station via their satilite. Pitty I woulda liked to have seen it
    I don't even think it's on French TV! Hang on, I'll check...

Nope... Canal+ aren't showing it which means there won't even be camera's at the stadium... Sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Bah bad one,thanks Steff. What am I going to do now for my rugby fix? English game is on saturday that will be interesting to watch. Hoepfully anohter close game but maybe with a bit more international level rugby being played, most of teams in my opinion looked rusty from what I saw.

Agreed. Hopefully Saturday's game will be much better than last week's! The teams do look very rusty indeed...

England have lined up their best team though so it won't be that easy to win this time around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Punchbowl wrote:
    And then it's back to Belfast for Italy?? Weird...

Why Weird ? Munster got a warm-up match 4 years ago. There's nowhere suitable in Dublin. Where else ? The dogtrack in Galway ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

http://www.irishrugby.ie/283_8578.php says it's 15-0 after 25 mins, both teams down to 14, guess who we have lost? NBest.....:rolleyes:
    half time, 20-6. leamy off with an injury unconfirmed, quinlan on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

20-6 Ireland: Tries Hickie, O'Connell,Trimble Con and Pen O'Gara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

I know it's the team's first full game together but against a struggling super 14 team to be only leading by a 14 point margin at half time is simply not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Damn I hope Leamy's injury isn't serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

32-6 now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmmm...
    Word from the Ireland camp is that Leamy injured his shoulder but it is too early to say how serious an injury it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

35-6 now ... O'Gara penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GerryHatTrick

Ends 42-6. could have been a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

From http://www.irishrugby.ie/283_8578.php

"In what was a bruising encounter, Ireland captain Brian O'Driscoll was forced off in the 61st-minute having been punched in the face by a Bayonne player."

Lets hope none of the injuries are serious! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Dirty French Bastards, nicest players ever eh Steffano ?

Suspected Fractured Cheekbone for Dricco

bod_bayonne.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/irish/6950657.stm

Probably Shoulder Injury for Leamy as well.

Nothing but utter fooking disgust right now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

RTE are saying BOD has a reported fractured cheekbone.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2007/0816/ireland1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

i cant believe it,i knew this was gona happen,french f*cking pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Anybody know lead time for fractured cheekbone? EOS or whoever made the decision to play that game should be taken out and shot.

Depends on the injury, could be 2-3 weeks + mask if we're lucky.

zabbo wrote:
    Dirty French Bastards, nicest players ever eh Steffano?
    Well the Bayonne players aren't the nicest players ever, I'll give you that... I really REALLY hope they did not premeditate this attack on BOD. Although something tells me they might have... :(

Who punched him anyway? Is there any more information? I really am disgusted to hear this happened.
    Anybody know lead time for fractured cheekbone?
    Well that's why I'm so worried for Ireland. Serge Betsen had the same injury at the start of last season and he was out for 3 months IIRC! (Took so long because it wasn't healing properly) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Someone texted into Late Night Live on NewsTalk saying that Sky were reporting that he's going to be out of the WC.. There's a lot of heresay in that post, I know, but anyone got anything more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Reminds me of 2001 when the Lions went to play the Warratahs , the Warratahs were not interested in playing rugby, it worked for the Aussies in the long run.

• Advertisement

Mikaera Tewhata a Kiwi.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16082007/4/o-driscoll-fractures-cheekbone.html

Ireland captain Brian O'Driscoll has been taken to hospital with a fractured cheekbone after being punched during Ireland's match with Bayonne on Thursday night, according to a spokesman for the French club.

Centre O'Driscoll, considered one of the world's best backs, was forced to leave the pitch during the second half of his side's 42-6 win at Stade Jean Dauger after being struck by lock Mikaera Tewhata.

A Bayonne spokesman confirmed coach Eddie O'Sullivan's worst fears after the match, although the Irish camp would not be drawn on the extent of O'Driscoll's injury until after further hospital tests are conducted this evening.

The IRFU are expected to release a statement on O'Driscoll later tonight, and with Ireland's first game in the forthcoming World Cup just 24 days away, his participation now appears to be in doubt.

There was better news concerning flanker Denis Leamy, who was also taken off during the match with a shoulder injury, with an Ireland spokesman confirming his problem is not serious.

Advertisement