Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC DVR Reviews / Questions / Help

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Hi, I would like to record the rugby match tomorrow. RTE 2's programm includes coverage of all three matches. The dvr will let me record the full programme - all three matches - but I only want the Ireland - Wales match. I can find a screen where I can adjust the end time but I want to adjust the start time.
    Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I know if worst comes to worst just record it all but that will use up 16% of the dvr capacity.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

Hi, I would like to record the rugby match tomorrow. RTE 2's programm includes coverage of all three matches. The dvr will let me record the full programme - all three matches - but I only want the Ireland - Wales match. I can find a screen where I can adjust the end time but I want to adjust the start time.
    Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I know if worst comes to worst just record it all but that will use up 16% of the dvr capacity.
    Thanks

Just create a manual record setting. Set it to start about 5pm and continue to 8pm or so. The only difference will be that the recording in your library will say RTE2 instead of "Six Nations Rugby".

Thanks for that.

Actually, I cannot find where to do a manual record.
    I have downloaded the manual and it advises me to go to advanced memoes.
    But I cannot find that. Any more help?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

press menu on the remote

go into digital video recorder

then set repeat recording

hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

This question might've been asked here before but I don't think I have the time to find it...

Is it possible to download or record programmes you've recorded on your UPC DVR onto your computer or onto a DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

JJ wrote: »
    This question might've been asked here before but I don't think I have the time to find it...

Is it possible to download or record programmes you've recorded on your UPC DVR onto your computer or onto a DVD?

Not directly. The only way possible is if you have a DVD recorder. You then can record onto a DVD, but literally by playing the recorded programme on the DVR and recording it via SCART onto your DVD Recorder as it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Grover81

I've just had the DVR box installed.

One question - the 'live' reception doesn't seem to be as clear as my previous NTL set-top-box. Should it be? There is some pixelation which is more prominent on some channels than others and overall it doesn't seem quite as clear as it was previously.

Is there a likely cause of this (I tried a different scart lead, checked that the ariel connections were ok, but I still could try unplugging and redoing the ariel conenctions myself), or is it just something I'll have to accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Sorry if these questions have been asked alredy but i recently upgraded to the upc dvr box and have no idea how to use it.

how do i record 2 things that are on at the same time?

how can i set it up to record a whole series?

thanks a million is there an online maual i can download as i received none with it

Thanks a million and ss if i a repeating old questions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

here is the link for the dvr manual

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

dunworth1 wrote: »

thanks a million i hate when the answer to a question is that simple how stupid do i feel :D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cupart

dunworth1 wrote: »

Why does the manual (on page 23) say that dual recording (same time recording of two channels) is NOT possible when the booklet that came with the Thomson box say's it is??? :confused::confused::confused: I had my Thomson DVR mediabox installed a few weeks ago and so far I'm not very impressed. Being a cable box one would expect much more than through a sat box...

All frequencies on NTL have the same polarization so in theory only one tuner should be able to handle multiple recording shouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone know when NTL are going to bring in series link?? They promised it months ago...

Also does anyone find that sometimes the box doesn't record the end of programmmes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

silvine wrote: »
    Also does anyone find that sometimes the box doesn't record the end of programmes?
    All the time, but that's down to sloppy scheduling / timing by the TV companies themselves. You can force the DVR to record a number of minutes before and after a scheduled recording in the settings menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I've done that but I find that it causes problems if you want to record another programme straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

flogen wrote: »
    I assume the answer to this was 'yes', but did the engineers take your old NTL box away or did they leave it (or even ask if you wanted it or wanted them to take it?)?

I am considering getting one of these UPC DVRs - so will the engineer take away the old digital box?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

PGL wrote: »
    I am considering getting one of these UPC DVRs - so will the engineer take away the old digital box?

what i mean't to ask was, will the engineer take away the old digital box and slot the card into the DVR box?

PS: I have not received a new UPC card yet - is it planned to issue all customers with a new card, or is there some cut off date?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭deanh

PS: I have not received a new UPC card yet - is it planned to issue all customers with a new card, or is there some cut off date?[/quote]

As i understand it, it is ex-ntl cable customers who are having their card changed. No word as yet on a roll out to ex chorus cable areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PiNgWiZaRd

Hi all

It seems my UPC remote has packed in..The only buttons working are the 1 key, volume up/down, Guide, Radio, rwd, and record. All incidentally on the left side of the remote.Anyone got a fix or a way to reset the remote?Thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You're best off contacting UPC.

We don't drag up old threads in any case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement