Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOD on AB's Hmmmm...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Firstly, are the AB Gods or something? They're just another team from another country!

Just another team that we've never actually beaten. The only team we've never beaten.

Hardly unsurpising that we'd be fixated on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

buck65 wrote:
    We savages in Munster reckon he's a bit of a ponce

where deos that leave ROG?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

Who does the All Blacks have??

Well, included in the squad for this world cup are Luke McAlister (the young pretender to Dan Carter), Aaron Mauger (veteran hardman and proven match winner), Conrad Smith (a highly talented ball player of whom is said that he has the best hands in world rugby), Isaia Toeava (an absolute monster of a man).

BOD will compete very well with any of these guys for a spot in the AB team though. Of course he would have had to compete with Tana Umaga for the no 13 jersey for the last 6 years. Not too sure which of them would have been my first choice 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

hughchal wrote:
    where deos that leave ROG?

:D
    Or Strings? Barry Murphy, John Kelly?

Joking aside. Most forwards think backs are ponces. Munster are a forwards team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi wrote:
    Steffano, the jealousy coming through in your comments is sickening. Accept the fact that he is the best player this country has going into this years world cup and when people say he'd walk into the All Blacks should be interpreted as he'd walk onto any team in the world. And Jauzion would not get into the All Blacks team, nor the Irish team for that matter.
    Me jealous of BOD? lol :D That's hilarious! I think I made it pretty clear I didn't like the guy and thought he wasn't half as good as Darcy. And in my opinion Jauzion is a better centre than both!
    As for Jauzion not making it on the Irish squad = lollll :D
    Sangre wrote:
    Just another team that we've never actually beaten. The only team we've never beaten.

Hardly unsurpising that we'd be fixated on them.
    Hmmm... That would explain the fixation alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Me jealous of BOD? lol :D That's hilarious! I think I made it pretty clear I didn't like the guy and thought he wasn't half as good as Darcy. And in my opinion Jauzion is a better centre than both!

Its funny what some people find hilarious.

Steffano - Jauzion would be included on the Irish squad, but definitely not on the first XV , where BOD and Darcy are widely regarded to be perhaps the most potent centre combination in world rugby today. Go discuss the greatness of Jauzion on a French board - this thread isn't about him anyway.

Your comments about the ABs are a tiny bit rich - few big rugby-playing countries have a poorer recent record against them than the French do. We know you're terrified of them...

You're entitled to your opinion about BOD, but fingers crossed he'll actually play against France this time round (unlike that disgraceful match last February), and the result may be a little different...

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpt3sOJdxQ

click the link steffano theres a little something O'Driscoll did after 2000.

and if you watch leinster play more you would realise D'arcy greatness is hugely aided by BOD when they play togheter he is twice the player as his Darcy they are a great combination

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Yes, well he'd get into the squad all right. Ahead of Tommy Bowe and Gavin Duffy. Or possibly as fly half backup to O'Gara.

What's the French for "ringing endorsement"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Here's another something that O'Driscoll did, or to be specific, he experienced since 2000. Wait till the last minute of the video - that's the first time I've seen that amateur footage. Sickening. How the authorities didn't see that is beyond me.

That tackle

<Sorry for off topic>

ALH-06 wrote:
    Steffano - Jauzion would be included on the Irish squad, but definitely not on the first XV , where BOD and Darcy are widely regarded to be perhaps the most potent centre combination in world rugby today. Go discuss the greatness of Jauzion on a French board - this thread isn't about him anyway.
    I only brought up Jauzion as an example! Jaysus you guys get pathetically defensive when somebody disagrees with you about BOD! :eek:
    ALH-06 wrote:
    Your comments about the ABs are a tiny bit rich - few big rugby-playing countries have a poorer recent record against them than the French do. We know you're terrified of them...
    We're terrified of them? And how many times did Ireland beat the AB again? Yeah, that's what I thought...
    ALH-06 wrote:
    You're entitled to your opinion about BOD, but fingers crossed he'll actually play against France this time round (unlike that disgraceful match last February), and the result may be a little different...
    Can't wait for him to play against France again! A lot of people think we won in Croke Park because he wasn't there... I think that's BS!
    We'll see who wins in Paris on the 21st September! ;)

• Advertisement

De Deraco wrote:
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpt3sOJdxQ

click the link steffano theres a little something O'Driscoll did after 2000.

and if you watch leinster play more you would realise D'arcy greatness is hugely aided by BOD when they play togheter he is twice the player as his Darcy they are a great combination
    He doesn't do anything at all for that try!?!? What's your point? Contepomi is the one to thank here! Not BOD! :confused::confused::confused:

Well, I'm after seeing what happened to BOD in Bayonne in the other thread so I'm going to stop the BOD-bashing for now... Not fun anymore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

-McCaw is a cheat
    -Gregan is a mouth with legs
    -Matfield is a thug
    -Wilkinson is a prima donna

Funny how we always love to hate the best. If I was BOD this thread would tell me I was doing something right!!

-McCaw is a cheat
    -Gregan is a mouth with legs
    -Matfield is a thug
    -Wilkinson is a prima donna

Funny how we always love to hate the best. If I was BOD this thread would tell me I was doing something right!!
    LOL :D Very true!

But McCaw is a cheat! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

But hes the best cheat.

Anyway, if you want post 2000 BOD look no further than Lions 2001.

You'd think we were on the soccer forum with the crap being spewed.

Thread in a nutshell: O'driscolls comments were taken out of context. There. Now quit the bitching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

He doesn't do anything at all for that try!?!? What's your point? Contepomi is the one to thank here! Not BOD! :confused::confused::confused:

I agree. BOD just takes the credit. Now here's an outside centre scoring a try worth creating a link to! (Also where I get my nick from bye the way).

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EHS10Kg9cHY

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I agree. BOD just takes the credit. Now here's an outside centre scoring a try worth creating a link to! (Also where I get my nick from bye the way).

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EHS10Kg9cHY

that last liitle jink before he scored was class.

Superb try! Impressive! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Superb try! Impressive! :eek:

not a word you'd associate with any French centres:p

• Advertisement

not a word you'd associate with any French centres:p
    Stick to wrestling you! :p

Advertisement