Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its Official - Beerguts are Very Bad

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

odonnell wrote:

Whats going to happen in here then?

Well it means a lot more people will be health conscious so that means tesco and the like will be less likely to run out of sausages and rashers which means more fry ups for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

odonnell wrote:
    Sorry to say it lads, and ladies.... but beerguts are officially BAD for you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6944279.stm

Away with ye and your scurrulous "news" :mad: Pfft

The Brothers will not be swayed ! Except under the influence of alcahol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

do you believe everything the BBC tells you? if it was RTÉ news or News On 2 I would be worried

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

odonnell wrote:

What's wrong with you man? *slap*

Do you believe everything you read on the internet? It's lies I tell you, all lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

We have heard this sort of scaremongering before and scoff at it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

ok ok ... i concede it isnt necessarily the beergut thats bad news - its the heart disease that supercedes it!

Bring on that take-away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Brothers what a combined response

sioda wrote:

It certainly was. Let that be a lesson to anyone who wades in here promoting "healthy eating" and all that nonsense.

That will teach young odonnell not to be looking at those kind of websites too.

sioda wrote:

Well ! You need to deal with this sort of thing before it can gather any momentum, otherwise brothers in training might be unduly upset and not give the gut the commitment it requires ! Next they'll be saying balding men aren't sexy and virile or bacon buttys aren't the food of the Gods :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Next they'll be saying balding men aren't sexy and virile or bacon buttys aren't the food of the Gods :rolleyes:

Poppycock.

• Advertisement

Poppycock.

You disagree ? Or are you slighting my manmeat ? Explain yourself sir !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

You have to stop worrying about these silly health scares. Im skinny, and just as lazy as the next man.

Having a gut is just showing the world you look after yourself and don't let yourself go hungry and malnourished. We'll leave that to the anorexia forum. Now stop worrying my friend, get down to Dunnes and get a one litre can of proper German ale ;). The bar is never closed.

You disagree ? Or are you slighting my manmeat ? Explain yourself sir !

No I agree. I'm saying that bald men not being sexy is complete poppycock or utter bull sh!te. I've been looking for an excuse to use that word for a while.

I've been looking for an excuse to use that word for a while.

Though Brother AC, I must point out that the word is a tad, well, ghey. It's down there with "toodle-pip" and "ta-ta for now".

Utter sh!te is good, as is bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Here's a PM Pighead received from a distressed Beerguts member's girlfriend earlier on today:

Dearest Pighead,
    Please help me. Since my boyfriend and I became a couple he has steadily put on weight. He now has a huge, round beer belly. He refuses to exercise at all and eats huge meals and junk food and iced coffee. While I am on an exercise machine in front of the telly, he is snoring or eating lollies.

It has become very difficult and uncomfortable for me to have sex as I am now around half his weight and that big belly just beats me up. When I try to talk about it he says he doesn’t know why our relationship became all about looks. He thinks he is slim and that I am just making up excuses to avoid sex.
    Yours Sincerly,
    Almighty Cushions Girlfriend.

Pighead wrote:
    Here's a PM Pighead received from a distressed Beerguts member's girlfriend earlier on today:

Dearest Pighead,
    Please help me. Since my boyfriend and I became a couple he has steadily put on weight. He now has a huge, round beer belly. He refuses to exercise at all and eats huge meals and junk food and iced coffee. While I am on an exercise machine in front of the telly, he is snoring or eating lollies.

It has become very difficult and uncomfortable for me to have sex as I am now around half his weight and that big belly just beats me up. When I try to talk about it he says he doesn’t know why our relationship became all about looks. He thinks he is slim and that I am just making up excuses to avoid sex.
    Yours Sincerly,

*yawn* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Look at them with their fancy science................pass me a beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

this was silly of me...i know that now....

i shall shamedly withdraw!

tom dunne wrote:
    *yawn* :rolleyes:
    Stop yer yawning and get outside and do some exercise chubbser.

Pighead wrote:

Dearest Pighead,

Yours Sincerly,

She came clean to me pighead and she's told me that's she's in love with you. It broke my heart when she told me firdt but when she explained I soon understood. She said the reason she's gone off sex with me is because I'm not in to the whole scat thing and that the reason she has become so fond for you is the sheer amount of diarrhoea that flows from your mouth.

• Advertisement

She came clean to me pighead and she's told me that's she's in love with you.
    Tell her Pigheads flattered with the attention but she's far too ugly to ever become my lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

if i suck it in my beer gut goes away, therefore i am not at risk when i suck in!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if i suck it in my beer gut goes away, therefore i am not at risk when i suck in!

every breath out is a gift from god...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have not seen one study that has successfully linked beer and 'beer guts'.

It's all smoke and mirrors to get people to buy diet products and pills, which are more expensive than beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

your girlfriend's not very chatty Pighead. I took her out yesterday and she only said two words all night.

I'm coming.;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That article was very long and quite frankly I couldn't be arsed reading all of it. From what I gather the gist of it is that beerguts are bad, but not having read down I'm assuming that they mean bad for business for manufacturers of small and medium sized clothing, or bad for the person who has to hang off the side of the seat while sitting next to a Brother on the bus.

zaph wrote:
    That article was very long and quite frankly I couldn't be arsed reading all of it. From what I gather the gist of it is that beerguts are bad, but not having read down I'm assuming that they mean bad for business for manufacturers of small and medium sized clothing, or bad for the person who has to hang off the side of the seat while sitting next to a Brother on the bus.

I thought it was something like bad as it means you have to reach further to scratch the extremes of it. Stretching could be construed as exercise. Can't be having that now, can we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

tom dunne wrote:
    I thought it was something like bad as it means you have to reach further to scratch the extremes of it. Stretching could be construed as exercise. Can't be having that now, can we?
    that's why God invented scratching devices like back scratchers and monkeys

The Bollox wrote:
    that's why God invented scratching devices like back scratchers and monkeys

And wimmins - "Here luv' scratch this"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If Pighead is still about will someone tell him that his village called and that they're worried about him being out on his own.

Advertisement