Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA v Soccer (get in!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

we'll all have a lot of trouble running while soloing off our foot.

all that is except shay who is clearly a gaa player in disguise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LoBo wrote: »
    all that is except shay who is clearly a gaa player in disguise
    Worst disguise I ever saw in my life.

Every shot he takes ends up going over the bar. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

We'll have to get organised.It would be a disaster if it was rushed.All the lads that contacted me or posted that are up for it are from Dublin.We're thinking that the Dublin jersey is a better kit for us but we realise you wear sky blue as well.

Grimes,I'm as cool as a cucumber.You'll find that out when we play off :D
    I'm also thinking of recording the match on posting it up on youtube.What you guys think?

blackbelt wrote: »
    We'll have to get organised.It would be a disaster if it was rushed.All the lads that contacted me or posted that are up for it are from Dublin.We're thinking that the Dublin jersey is a better kit for us but we realise you wear sky blue as well.
    You can't wear the Dublin jersey, we are an established team and play in Sky Blue.:p
    I'm also thinking of recording the match on posting it up on youtube.What you guys think?
    It's be good to get it filmed alright.

I might be able to organise something better than a poxy YouTube posting though.

DesF wrote: »
    You can't wear the Dublin jersey, we are an established team and play in Sky Blue.:p

It's be good to get it filmed alright.

I might be able to organise something better than a poxy YouTube posting though.

Sweet

• Advertisement

What you have in mind?

What you have in mind?

I've said too much already.

Well, I have access to a TV camera and editing software for a start. I'm sure we could make good use fo them.

DEADLY.

Setanta Sports here we come.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I'm game for this

Also des, i wouldnt jump to conclusions about having 6 right backs, im fairly crippled atm also :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Lads if this goes ahead i'll play, even if i have to quit my job. Well versed in both sports playing GAA up until 2/3 years ago and i reckon we can take them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have defected **** you your all gonna lose :D

Amadhains

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Defect all ye like, we know your weak point is your girly wrists that break under the slightest force :p

The real enemies you should be wondering about is us.:D Just to remind you soccer peeps that we building and will take you under when we do meet.:D

Story folks,

We're discussing the soccer v GAA matches and we're nearly there in terms of numbers.We want to propose to have this match in June sometime.

How will your fixtures work out in the summer time?Is this an off season for the soccer leagues?

There'll be games for us in June, but we play midweek, so weekends will be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

JUNE? WTF? does it honestly take 7 months to organise 2 games? in fact, 1 game as im sure we could run this off in 1 session. come on lads, tis not that hard to organise it, all we need is a bit of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I be up for it allright. count me in. when is it likely to be played. was on the gaa forum and they saying june next year. Any particular kit to wear or has it been organised. let me know of any info.cheers

OK villains77.

We are a Soccer team. We have a squad of 20+ players.

If you want to join, come to a training session before the next season.

We are currwently half way through our season, and all of my players have paid over a hundred euro to play.

If you are good enough, I'll sign you up. For next season.

What position do you play?

bump, seen as we talked about this alot on the night out...........

ill be bringing an o neills to what ever get together we have next week or whenever to show ye all what it is.....no shinpads allowed.

so, when the f**k are we playing this?

As I asked on the GAA forum,name your venue,your date and your time and we'll be there.

What format is the soccer if we are playing this on astro?Is it seven a side or 11?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Haha, you wish it was 7 a side. 11 a side

hmm, so what way do we run this. say if one team won both games, then we would have an obvious winner. but what if we won a game each?penalties i suppose.... so there you have it.

game 1 - 11 a side soccer on astro, we will book it, but both teams pay equally. ideally, we play this in March, in between when our seasons are finishing/starting up again. that give you 6 weeks to get a team ready, that i more than enough.we could ask one of the astro refs to do the game, though most of them are muppets!!!!!if not, then we throw a few quid on and maybe des's dad can ref as he did the last friendly we played.

game 2 - 15 a side Gaelic Football. Winner takes all. now, im not sure of the rules in Dublin, but im from kerry and we are not allowed to have a challenge match without a referee designated by the county board (to do with a courtcase and insurace claim 2 years ago i think). so that needs to be checked out. the football team arrange a date and a pitch.

*both dates to be decided on well in advance to give each team a fair chance to organise things.

* Penalties, in the Gaa goals, to decide winner in event of draw.
    * The loosing team must supply at least 1 round of drinks (maybe make it 3) for the winning team in the nearest pub afterwards!!!!!!!!

any more thoughts?

i have suggested saturday march 15th in southside for the soccer game anyway. any issues with this?this shouldin between end of winter and start of summer season.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

i have suggested saturday march 15th in southside for the soccer game anyway. any issues with this?this shouldin between end of winter and start of summer season.

If it's on a Saturday I'll have a game for my club team, as I'm sure a few others will.

That sounds good to me but I always work until 2pm or thereabouts on Saturday so a late afternoon or evening fixture will suit me grand.I'll PM the lads on our team to get confirmation on numbers and availability.If there is a problem,would the Thursday evening before be a viable date?

doesnt matter really, that was only a rough date. thursday would probably suit better.

I PMed the lads on the GAA team and got back some replies.So far the proposed date looks good but I need more players to PM me back.

On the issue of jersies lads,its as you are for the soccer.Afterall,we'll be playing by your book for that match but I am reserving the right for us to wear the Dublin jersey for the GAA match.

There was a question about playing the GAA match without a referee.Well,it just so happens that I'll be refereeing in the next month or two after I do my referee exam.I'll be sure to ask the other individuals who attended the course with me if they could ref the GAA match.

Our venue for the GAA match might be Phoenix Park or St Annes Park Raheny.However,if worst comes to worst,Liffey Gaels may be able to let us use their pitch.I had a match with my company back in August there.Its on the Con Colbert Road.It may not be the best of pitches but at least its our fall back plan if the venues we have in mind are booked out.

As for the beers,I think one round is grand.It leaves the losers with some dignity.I'm sure after both matches,the two sets of teams can have a laugh and a few beers together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Blackbelt/Nalced_irl

It looks very much like ye have bottled it?

Have ye bottled it yeah? :cool:

bump the thread on their side too shay and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

done.

"Blackbelt...it appears that the GAA forum has bottled the challenge.
    Would I be correct in stating this? :cool:

I'd liken it to a typical Dublin championship run.
    All jump on the bandwagon, but little real action.

regards,
    pvt.joker,
    boards.ie soccer team."

Advertisement