Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrential Rain and Floods possible late tonight early Sunday.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

23.4mm so far here today, 25.7mm, just over an inch, since it started last night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

From the radar, it seems that it will get worse before it gets better, and if the rain holds its course, it will be another couple of hours before it stops here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Meanwhile London is at 27c and set to reach 30c, its also very sunny!

yeah thats so annoying and always seems to happen! The rain which has fallen nationwide over past 15 hours has barely made much progress beyond the irish sea coastline and instead is being pushed ne into scotland, hard to believe that just 80 miles to our east is warm sunny conditions with hot weather further east again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sun is out here now - some of the time.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

What is interesting today is the boundary of warmer,cooler air along with south/north wind

This boundary has been moving back and forth across me. It got cooler about 7am, then warm at 8am for 30 minutes, then cool until 0930 and I'm still on the warm side.

Trisitame 15 miles south has not seen the cool side at all. Longfield, 10 miles west cooled down at 7am as with me and warmed up at 0930 as with me, but didn't see the change at 8am. And I've just seen he's now on cool side.

Trogdor, 15 miles north got the cool air at about 0530 and hasn't seen the warmer air since.

EDIT, in the 5 minutes or so it took me to do this message, I see that I'm now on the cool side. The wind has swung 180deg and temp has dropped 1.5C

• Advertisement

Totals since midnight from weatheronline.

Dublin Csmt Aero (93 m) 29.0
    Mullingar (104 m) 25.0
    Kilkenny (64 m) 22.0
    Roches Point (41 m) 21.0
    Cork-Corcaigh (162 m) 21.0
    Birr (72 m) 19.0
    Shannon (20 m) 17.0
    Clones (89 m) 13.0
    Dublin AP (85 m) 12.0
    Valentia Island (30 m) 10.0
    Claremorris (69 m) 3.5
    Connaught AP (209 m) 2.0
    Malin Head (25 m) 0.1
    Belmullet (10 m) 0.0

Combined with yesterday.
    Dublin Csmt Aero (93 m) 43.0
    Roches Point (41 m) 43.0
    Cork-Corcaigh (162 m) 38.0
    Mullingar (104 m) 36.0
    Kilkenny (64 m) 32.0
    Birr (72 m) 31.0
    Shannon (20 m) 31.0
    Dublin AP (85 m) 24.0
    Valentia Island (30 m) 24.0
    Clones (89 m) 20.0
    Belmullet (10 m) 8.1
    Claremorris (69 m) 5.6
    Connaught AP (209 m) 4.0
    Malin Head (25 m) 1.2

Still south west down here-no sign of the northerly yet.

http://arklow.741.com/live.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Yes, I now have a NW wind and temp down to 12.5.

Earlier I had a temp of 15.2. Absolutely bucketing down now.

A

I currently don't have a thermometer, but I do notice how the house is cooler now than when I got up at 9 am. I think the wind changed direction at about 10 or 10.30, I'm not sure really.

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

I notice how Wexford is recording a southerly as at 1 pm. As is the Met station at Rosslare. And Arklow has southerly recorded, as indepently confirmed by Tristrame

Flat calm here now.
    Last known wind direction was West at 1mph as the dial tries to move from south west to North west presumably.

Still very much in the "warm sector" here at 15.8c ( I refuse to call 15.8c warm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Complete turnaround in the weather here in last 20mins. A huge blue sky appeared out of the grey drizzle and now fills the entire western sky and the sun shining now with steam already rising from the rooftops and footpaths! Still grey to the east though. Fields have minor flooding and are muddy again.

That was a bit trippy. As soon as I read rc8's post, the sky became much brighter here and there was bits of hazy blue to be seen. Though there's still drizzly rain here, the same for the last couple of hours. It still looks heavy out to the west, but the south looks quite dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Completely cloudy again!:mad: :rolleyes:

Arklow NW ;)

Add the 3mm in the hour to 2pm to Casement's total.
    Dublin AP 1.4mm

Mothman wrote:
    Arklow NW ;)

LOL but temp rising there, 16.7C

Still not "warm" though :)

See that Mothman

North west now but the temperature has gone up to 16.4c :confused:

It's dropped .3c since as you can see.

I think most of the 1.5c rise happened under the calm conditions

Stopped raining just after 2.30. Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

As Mothman pointed out earlier, pretty interesting swings of direction and temperature today :-

Temperature :-

OutsideTempHistory.gif

Wind :-

WindDirectionHistory.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement