Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what film scared the pee outta you as a kid?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 queencakes

Not a film but "Twin Peaks" really freaked me out - I must of been about 9 or 10 at the time and there was one particular scene where Bob was hiding in the house with a look of sheer insanity on his face and your one couldn't see him. Nothing gorey even happened it was just his evil presence - that's true horror. Stayed with me for weeks after.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The old black and white version of War of the Worlds.. My dad had it on one day when I was bout 4 and I freaked out, he also had the sound track which he seemed to enjoy playing for me to see my reaction.. He seemed to think it was quite funny :o.. Thanks Dad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Flight of the Doves- (the basis of alot of my problems)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

queencakes wrote: »
    Not a film but "Twin Peaks" really freaked me out - I must of been about 9 or 10 at the time and there was one particular scene where Bob was hiding in the house with a look of sheer insanity on his face and your one couldn't see him. Nothing gorey even happened it was just his evil presence - that's true horror. Stayed with me for weeks after.
    That scared the crap out of me too - there was one scene where he crawled towards the camera and it freaked me out so much I had to turn off the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

the shining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

salems lot, exorcist, omen and probably the worst was the devil rides out when they conjure up old nick himself :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

"the texas chain saw massacre" and "the hills have eyes", the same older cousin had me watch them while babysitting, bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Has "Threads" been mentioned yet?

FIlm about a neuclear holocaust. I was holiday in London with my parents when I saw it. In a hotel about about two miles from Heathrow Airport. Every time a plane took off, I wet the bed.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Very unoriginal but mine was the original Halloween. I snook down to watch it on Halloween when I was like 8 and I did not get one wink of sleep that night because of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

psicic wrote: »
    When I was about four or five I saw Superman III.

For whatever reason, the bit where the computer turns one of the bad guys into a 'robot' freaked me out. It was on ITV, but I'm nearly positive in the version I saw back then the character was DEAD dead and didn't survive at the end. Either way, the whole evil computer thing freaked me out. The thunderstorm that night did not help me get over my fear - I felt uneasy about that movie for a long time afterwards.

Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street freaked me out a bit when I first saw him. Kept on having to rationalise to myself why there was no need to be afraid and how I didn't believe he was hiding in that dark corner in my room...

That scared the crap out of me when i was a kid, Id forgotten all about it until it was on over christmas, watching it again I can understand why a kid would be freaked out about it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Has to be "IT" pee'd my pants big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Jaws - my brother had a blue carpet in his room and he had me convinced that if I stood on it Jaws would jump out and eat me :( Damn older brothers.

Labyrinth was pretty freaky too. Those bad puppets and David Bowie's pants.

The Never Ending Story where the horse gets sucked into the swamp of sadness - terrifying.

Animal Farm when the puppies are taken away and made evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

the tommyknockers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

listermint wrote: »
    Has to be "IT" pee'd my pants big time.

+1 scariest thing ever at that time.

havnt seen it in years...wonder if it'l still spook me???

Pet Cemetary - where the back from the dead toddler comes out from under the bed with scalpel in hand.....
    - I nearly kacked in my nappy.

the dee wrote: »
    The Never Ending Story where the horse gets sucked into the swamp of sadness - terrifying.

Jesus that scared the **** out of me too !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I remember Aliens scaring the crap out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Rohld dahle's (spelling's for chumps) "The witches"

Fairly freaked out when they took they're wigs off. I was about 8 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

terminator..
    apparently i wouldnt go near the tv after watching that for about 2 weeks, must have been about 5 im guessing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pheonix Ski

*heres johnny!!!*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - I didn't even see it but my uncle told me about it and freaked me out.

When my parents came back that evening I was convinced their bodies were going to taken by aliens and I'd have no way of knowing until it was too late.

Damn uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

the child catcher in chitty chitty!!

that ****er still freaks me out...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Pennywise in IT.

Oh and strangely enough, ET freaked me out when my aunt rented it for me when i was about 6 or 7. Still havent seen it lol.

I think i remember being afraid of large plants for a while too because of Little Shop of Horrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

The little people in Willow. I burst into tears and my mam had to take me into the other screen of the 2 screen cinema. Bambi was on in there and just in time to see his mommy die. That was a bad day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ExpectantMum

hmmmm.... IT for sure... saw it for first time wen i was bout 11 at a halloween sleepover where we watched the candyman after... good times!!

Childs Play not so much but Puppet Master definately!!

Wasn't that long ago but Alien Abduction:the mcpherson tape... i was between 11 and 13 wen i saw it.. i knew it wasnt real but stil freakd me out... was the original "homemade" horror, b4 the blair witch..

Im not sure what film it was, I thought it was aliens, but there is a scene in the film where "alien like" creatures (with their elongated cranium and geiger-esque design) came from the sewers and there were two kids(or a kid and an adult) hiding behind thrash cans.... dont think thats in any of the alien movies... ???? if anyone can tell me wat that movie was id appreciate it!!!

Gremlins gave me re occuring nightmares where i knew i was in a dream and everything would be going fine until someone says sumtin like "o i got a new pet!" or id hear there singin in the distance... and then the feeling of terror would take over me and id be trying to warn everyone or go to bed in my dream and hide under the covers to try and wake up so i wouldnt have to deal with it!!!(which usaually worked btw :confused:)... thats the worst type of nightmare... even had a semi conscious gremlin nightmare where i saw them at the end of my bed.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

And the twilight zone, outer limits, hammer house of horrors, and other scifi channel stuff freaked me out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

Plenty of mention of 'Aliens', but 'Alien' for sheer atmospheric suspense.
    'The Fly' (original version), watched it with the babysitter. The little flydude in the web? ah don't.
    'Brimstone And Treacle'. A very disturbing performance from Sting.

Not a film, but anyone remember 'Children Of The Stones'? That had to be the scariest series for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

E.T., that little prick scared the bejaysus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

For me as a kid " IT " was the scariest thing i ever seen

In the last few years that Japanese film with the small pale kid (forgot the name ) was one scary film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    For me as a kid " IT " was the scariest thing i ever seen

In the last few years that Japanese film with the small pale kid (forgot the name ) was one scary film.

Thats the grudge mate http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364385/

Am i warped that all the scary stuff that people here have been saying is stuff i loved when i was a kid???

In fact the only thing i can remember gettin upset about was when in the incredible hulk tv series he would walk away with the really sad music playin cos he didnt have any friends :o

<<<<*WHIMPER*

Edit- how do you imbed the youtube vids in the post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lucas1986

Blair witch project OMG :eek:

Advertisement