Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what film scared the pee outta you as a kid?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Oh and American Warewolf in London...AHHHH bloke sitting in pictures all green and aaaahhhh awful:eek:

John Carpenters "The Thing". Scared me sh*tless when I was small. Now I love it. One of the very best horror films ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Cant quite pinpoint why....but Labyrinth scared the bejesus outta me as a kid....

Something terribly unsettling about David Bowie in that movie.

Still makes me shudder!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Exorcist! enough said!

I can't beleieve nobody has mentioned The Fly with Jeff Goldblum. This film still freaks me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Pighead wrote:
    According to imdb 'threads' is a documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and it's effect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.

Pretty scary alright buddy but don't worry Sheffields miles and miles away. Turn that frown upside down..

But what about the fallout Pighead? WHAT ABOUT THE FALLOUT!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. watched it first when I was 9 / 10 and had shítloads of nightmares. it wasn't until I was 17 that I had the courage to watch it again :( and some scenes still scare the pants off me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I think the movie was called The Lady in White, saw it when I was about 5, I remember it scared the bjezus outa me then, I haven't seen it since though.....

I think I remember that film. Does this have something do with a school, a young kid and some abonded looking house on the top of a cliff?

didn't scare me but a bloody good film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

yeh the kid gets locked in school and sees a murder or something.......

Labyrinth was my fave movie as a kid! I'm still in love with David Bowie ;) in those spandex trousers:eek: in a kids movie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

When the aliens come out of the spaceship in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Saw it when I was 4 and wasn't able to watch it again for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

The Fly..

Still freaks me out a bit to this day..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

i remember the first time i seen the classic "Killer Bees!!" when i was about 8 or 9, i thought "this film had no effect on me whatsoever, im not scared" anyways it was dark and i went out to fetch something outside so i flicked on the light at the back door, two MOTHS zoomed around the light, que me leaping about 4 foot off the ground and letting a quite girly scream out of me also, me ould lad nearly wet himself laughing at me!!!

on a seperate one, watching crying game when i was an innocent 10 or 11 year old i was quite scared and confused after the "revelation" scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

mcauley wrote:
    Cant quite pinpoint why....but Labyrinth scared the bejesus outta me as a kid....

i watched it last week with my 3 year old niece (her first time watching it!) and she wasnt scared....ya big wuss!! although in fairness bowies two different colour eyes and those freaky puppets had me waiting for her to ball!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Pighead wrote:
    Jesus, bad luck buddy. Of all the circus performers to catch you sneaking in and give you a kick up the arse, it had to be the one with the biggest shoes.
    rofl

When I was younger I was sh*t scared of IT the clown, and Pet Sematary. Especially this chick in PS:
    http://bebo.com/watch/3986066192

She gave me nightmares for months. But I confronted my fear by putting her on my flashbox on Bebo......... and never watching it fully.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hellraiser, that was some freaky sh1t man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

mcauley wrote:

Was it David Bowie's bulge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Without a doubt it was Salem's Lot (the original) for me. RTÉ showed it over two nights back in the early 80s. The scene with the boy floating outside his friend's bedroom window got me big time when I was 10 or 11. I found it hard to sleep that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

When a Stranger Calls

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080130/

The one with the famous line "Have you checked the children?" :eek:

Was also terrified of The Incredible Hulk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

The witch from Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent. I had my very first nightmare at the age of 3, and it was about her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

When I was about four or five I saw Superman III.

For whatever reason, the bit where the computer turns one of the bad guys into a 'robot' freaked me out. It was on ITV, but I'm nearly positive in the version I saw back then the character was DEAD dead and didn't survive at the end. Either way, the whole evil computer thing freaked me out. The thunderstorm that night did not help me get over my fear - I felt uneasy about that movie for a long time afterwards.

Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street freaked me out a bit when I first saw him. Kept on having to rationalise to myself why there was no need to be afraid and how I didn't believe he was hiding in that dark corner in my room...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭gidget

I think the movie was called The Lady in White, saw it when I was about 5, I remember it scared the bjezus outa me then, I haven't seen it since though.....

I was actually terrified after watching the opposite - " The Woman In Black"

Saw it twice on UTV. First time was in the late 80's when i was about 9 and the second time tried to be brave and watch it again in 92 when I was 12. Even today at almost 27 years of age If I was to see that film again I still think I would have to hold on to the cushion to hug. That face is still a vivid picture in my mind!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

My favourite scare the sh1t out of you film was Suspiria

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076786/

Bought the DVD recently and it still does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Childs Play, without a doubt. Still can't watch it.

I remember sneaking downstairs when my older sisters were watching it with a load of their friends. Scared the absolute crap out of me. At the time I had a doll caled 'Baby Whispers'. When you squeezed her hand she spoke and when you pressed the heart on her chest she whispered things. Suffice to say, after seeing that film, Baby Secrets was unceremoniously shoved in the bottom of the bedroom wardrobe. Unfortunately during the night something obviously shifted in the wardrobe 'cause the bloody doll started talking. I reckon the neighbours heard my screams......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

ferdi wrote:
    Was it David Bowie's bulge?
    There are entire websites devoted to his choice of clothing in that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Ah christ I knew one of these days I'd confess this, The Wizard of Oz. In my defence I was very young. I'm tough now... *shows tiny muscles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

That weird Banshee thing from Darby o Gill and the little people.
    Rubbish film when I look at it back now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cujo.
    Can't remember how old I was when I saw it, but I've had a fear of Dogs since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I remember that one too. There was a really freaky part with a sick woman in bed.
    Hellraiser scared me because I was alone in the house and it was dark. my brother was left to babysit me, but he went out to commit to some anti social behaviour instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The fortune telling machine in Big distubed me much. So much, I am still unable to watch to this day (note: may or may not be true).

Also: the pool in Neverending Story 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The ****in Exorcist when she comes down the stairs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd0hi6zw6to

Advertisement