Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto 16M Winner

Options
  • 28-07-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

That's all we know so far. Just confirmed on the news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Sadly its not me *sob sob*:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

bastards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

maybe it wont be claimed! :p AFAIK the largest prize unclaimed on the irish lotto was €2.8m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Hmmm. Do you have to go to the Lotto HQ to organise your prize? Wont the press have it surrounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

stupid fix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Wonder how many civil servants in Revenue and Social Welfare will
    log onto their systems and check up on this winner..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

faceman wrote:
    maybe it wont be claimed! :p AFAIK the largest prize unclaimed on the irish lotto was €2.8m

How the hell did that happen?:eek:
    Surely the shop could check the time and check the CCTV and identify the winner that way.

Afaik, you have 90 days to claim the prize. Or it goes back into the pot
    A lot of begrudgers on this thread, shame on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bastards.

Nice to see begrudgery in it's rawest form.

Fairplay to whoever won it, hope they enjoy it, hope they've the good sense to remain anonymous and I hope they answer my begging letters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm in the south! Better find the ticket.

in rte land south means Cork or Kerry :(

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure Mike, Waterford is part of the sunny south east or so we learned in school.
    Therefore, you don't need lotto money to cheer you up with all the good weather down there.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

4-13-29-32-35-37 bonus 20

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'll bet the winner was a rich scumbag farmer with relatives who were arrested for various minor offences.
    Totally undeserving of the win IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Wertz wrote:

Fairplay to whoever won it, hope they enjoy it, hope they've the good sense to remain anonymous and I hope they answer my begging letters...

No seriously. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm in the south but unfortunatly not the winner either. Good luck to whoever won it*

[SIZE=-2]*lucky b*stard[/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I would just like to point out that the tickets for the first ever Boards.ie lotto syndicate were bought in the south:D Unfortunatly I dont have the numbers so i cant check to see if it was us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Wouldn't it be funny if it was one of the Roma who bought it before they were shipped home
    They could buy millions of roses and plastic cups

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Back to the grindstone for another few days at least. AC/DC were right, it ain't no fun waiting around to be a millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I'm full of bitterness and hatred towards the winner-and I don't even do the Lotto. :D

A tax on the poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wertz wrote:
    Originally Posted by 2 posters so far
    Bastards.
    Wertz wrote:

neither of us put a . after the word bastards, how dare you misquote us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

All I know is who ever it is they will be coming into my branch next week. I hope they dont want cash it :D It could take a few days to cash 16million!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

stepbar wrote:
    All I know is who ever it is they will be coming into my branch next week. I hope they dont want cash it :D It could take a few days to cash 16million!!! :D

Northern Bank in Donegal Square, Belfast were able to handle a single withdrawal of over 16 million in cash a couple of years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

culchie cnuts "what will you do with the money?" "oh ill put it into the farm, and give a bit to the church"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Well it wasn't me anyway. I just hope the winner is someone who can put it to good use and not some elderly farmer who will keep living normally but enjoy 'the stresses of life being gone'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The winning ticket is inside my workplace, pinned to a notice board.

I wish. Problem is, I can't remember what the numbers were and I keep thinking 'It could be....' Stupid lotto messing with my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

cooperguy wrote:
    I would just like to point out that the tickets for the first ever Boards.ie lotto syndicate were bought in the south:D Unfortunatly I dont have the numbers so i cant check to see if it was us!!

I had a quick look allright Cooperguy - don't think we stopped by the right newsagents on this occasion.

- Thats ok though, I think if we won big on our first night it would have piss€d too many folks off......Best to do these things gradually :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm in the South, and forgot to play tonight. Damn.

Congrats to the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Curses, I'm 17, I could have won if I was a year olded and got the right numbers /joke.

Seriously congratulations to the winner, hope they don't waste it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I just hope the winner is <= 27, spends the money is a reckless fashion and joins the 27 club in the most original way possible. it's what I wanted to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It wasn't me either. I had 20 Euros worth of quick picks, and I got a 1 Euro scratchcard back apparently. There's always the 2 syndicates at work I entered too, hopefully!

Advertisement