Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sid Waddell - Love him or Hate him?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He is getting worse. I really do not understand why he is so popular. The man is unbearable! The sooner he retires the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Have to say I find him amusing sometimes but when he is commentating on Taylors matches I feel like shooting myself! Really head wreaking!:mad:

That new presenter Rod Studd seems good, he works for we love darts magazine and seems to know his darts inside out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

ratinakeg wrote: »
    That new presenter Rod Studd seems good, he works for we love darts magazine and seems to know his darts inside out!

he commentated on the itv tourney, knew they would get him, all they have to do now is get rid of dave clark and all would be good

Double Top wrote: »
    he commentated on the itv tourney, knew they would get him, all they have to do now is get rid of dave clark and all would be good

Yeah Dave Clark is a clown!:(

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    needle this and needle that, and you can see he's not a real dart fan. whats your man's name that replaced him for a couple of weeks in the premier league, he was class and he really knew his stuff

I dont think you are on about Andy Goldstein as you know your darts D.T and that man is a clown who ruined soccer am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

There is no commentator in the world who can make hilarious and well thought out statement on a whim like Sid Waddell, some of the things he comes out with like

"He's as slippery as houdini in a vaseline factory"

"Fordham is sweating like a hippo in a power shower"

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33 he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer - Bristow is only 27"

"He's about as predictable as a wasp on speed!"

"Jocky Wilson ... what an athlete."

"This guy's so good, he could play without arms!"

"I don't know what he's had for breakfast but Taylor knocked the Snap, Crackle and Pop outta Bristow"

"He has to very sharpish get from lukewarm to luketepid to Luke Skywalker."

"Eat your heart out Einstein, because this is the appliance, of ballistic science!"

"Not even annie oakley could hit this shot .... OAAAHHH Taylor, possibly the greatest shot ever!"

"James Wade is a bag of nerves, like a bag of ice cold spanners in a sack."

"The players are under so much duress, it's like duressic park out there!"

He comes out with these gem's on a regular basis and thats the joy of watching sid waddell commenting

Yes he is a bit up taylors hole, but i still enjoy it when he comes up with a moment of genius

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Anyone else find Rod Harrington annoying? Maybe its his voice , I can't put my finger on it but the man just bugs the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

There is no commentator in the world who can make hilarious and well thought out statement on a whim like Sid Waddell, some of the things he comes out with like

"He's as slippery as houdini in a vaseline factory"

"Fordham is sweating like a hippo in a power shower"

"When Alexander of Macedonia was 33 he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer - Bristow is only 27"

"He's about as predictable as a wasp on speed!"

"Jocky Wilson ... what an athlete."

"This guy's so good, he could play without arms!"

"I don't know what he's had for breakfast but Taylor knocked the Snap, Crackle and Pop outta Bristow"

"He has to very sharpish get from lukewarm to luketepid to Luke Skywalker."

"Eat your heart out Einstein, because this is the appliance, of ballistic science!"

"Not even annie oakley could hit this shot .... OAAAHHH Taylor, possibly the greatest shot ever!"

"James Wade is a bag of nerves, like a bag of ice cold spanners in a sack."

"The players are under so much duress, it's like duressic park out there!"

He comes out with these gem's on a regular basis and thats the joy of watching sid waddell commenting

Yes he is a bit up taylors hole, but i still enjoy it when he comes up with a moment of genius

I was starting to agree with the other posters that he should go, but after reading some of his classics - he cant be beat. Id keep him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

If Sky just told him to tone it down a bit re Taylor (We bloody know how good he is dammit!!) and remove his tongue from Phils you know what, then I'd be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

he did say sorry a few times when he went a bit far on the taylorism's.
    i like him, he has a photographic memory so he always throws in some facts from back in the day and he did do alot for the sport and the PDC. if he let up on the taylor stuff he would be great but right now can onlt take him in little bites

Advertisement