Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze!! Whadda you drink on a night out?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

So on a night out we'll have our usual beer but what about other drinks? Certain mixes, shots, your own lil' mix, what do you brothers wet your whistles with?

Besides Guinness and Heineken I usually have Black Aftershocks, Tequilas (with the lemon, salt), Double Vodkas with Blackcurrent & Orange Mi-wadi (What! When you mix it perfectly the taste is bloody nice!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Guinness and Heineken are my mainstays, but I'll often drink a large Tequila (neat), shots of Sambuca, Jemmys, and I'm a fan of those Brain Hemorrage cocktails. I've no idea whats in them, but they look the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

Murphy's or Heineken!

Shots - Tequila = Memory wiped.

Double Shot - Was introduced to a lethal one with nickname: "Flaming Nazi!"

Jagermeister and the drink with the golden flakes in it! (can't remember the name of it). Anyway it'll give you double vision pretty damn quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

guinness, heineken or bass where i can get it and i might have the odd glass of port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

it was guinness for me until friday night after which i decided i'm off the booze.

but i'm finishing up my job at the end of the week and am looking forward to falling off the wagon in spectacular circumstances. huzzah!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well a pint of heineken can't be bet. Apart from that I drink sambuca's, vodka with blackcurrant when the student bars have it going cheap, pernod (though it's been a while), double jameson and west coast cooler (don't worry brothers it's great for getting you ****faced) and absinthe whenever I can get my hands on it. Don't drink the Jameson and west coast cooler that often as it's pricey and whiskey gives me hangovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jagermeister and the drink with the golden flakes in it! (can't remember the name of it). Anyway it'll give you double vision pretty damn quick!
    Ah, Goldschlager! Rough ol' posion that alright! My mates have grown a taste for blue aftershock, filthy bastards!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

the drink with the golden flakes in it! (can't remember the name of it)

Gold shagger I believe.

Edit: Duggy bet me too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Spoiled for choice here, it's all good!
    If I'm on a quiet night out and just having 6 or 7 then I'll be on the hefeweizen's, otherwise I'll be on one of the many pils that are available here! It's hard to beat the local Astra beer @ €1.50 a bottle when out on a nice long session till 7 or 8 in the morning :D

Edit:
    Forgot the whiskeys, doh!
    I like my lagavulin and macallan when on a quiet night out, otherwise it's a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Guinness with a Guinness chaser.

I can't drink double jameson & west coast Cooler anymore. As soon as I started rigouriously downing the stuff they come out with West Coast Cooler ads aimed at wimmen.

Though it's not so bad, when you ask for a Double Jameson and West Coast I'm sure they assume you're gonna down the Jameson while your bitch gets the West Coast...................hmmm, never thought of it that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Although I'm partial to nice cold bottles of Staropramen or Budvar, most places don't ever stock enough to ensure there'll be a cold one for your third beer, so I usually stick to pints of Heineken for convenience sake, or occasionally Guinness if I'm in somewhere like Mulligans. If I'm being a little more sophisticated, or just too full of beer, I drink vodka and tonic. Don't usually do shots, but if I have to, or when I just want something stronger tasting than vodka, Wild Turkey bourbon is your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Guinness and Heineken with many Jager's in between, straight mind, not diluted with red bull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I've started Drinkin Bulmers...which is really weird for me! even my friend couldnt get used to lookin at me drinkin a pint of something...lol
    I'll never be a beer or Wine Drinker i dont think.

Unfortunately i'm mad into my Fizzy girly drinks but i Drink mostly Vodka and whatever mixer.... AND!!! my Favourtie! Remember those Frosties Sweets??...... Malibu and Red Lemonade!! tastes exactly like them...SSSOOOOOO easy to drink. Too easy. Luverly it is!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Bulmers, lovely cold long neck bottles.

or double vodkas mixed with Smirnoff Ice when i'm feeling rebellious and the need to get polluted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

When in: Pratsky*

When out: Guinness

When in a nightclub where the bar is crowded and I'm not arsed q-ing for half an hour for the two pours of guinness which is going to taste like muck anyway and which will probably end up spilled on about 20 people on the way back...(gasp for air)...: Whatever

*after 7 years of dutch gold I fancied a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Beer is Tiger if the bar has it! Have never seen Cobra in an Irish bar, 'twould be a toss up between those too if it were.

Shots/spirits. If I have the money (very rarely) then it's double southern comforts and red with a red aftershock chaser! If i'm poor, just the SC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Bulmers followed by vodka red bulls followed by jagerbombs. A good receipe for a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

maple wrote:
    or double vodkas mixed with Smirnoff Ice when i'm feeling rebellious and the need to get polluted.

Emmm, thats the recipe for homemade rohypnol. If I was a barman and you ordered that I'd call the police

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think we should come up an Atari Jaguar cocktail, and popularise it across Dublin bars and nightclubs, perhaps this mission deserves it's own thread?

Support +/-

Hey, not a bad idea! We should all try and come up with some wacky yet brillian concoction and call or an Atari Jaguar or, just simply, BGRH!

"Barman, get me a double BGRH now!!"

Hmm, has a ring to it. Though the more you drink it the harder it'll be to say!

• Advertisement

I think the 'atari jaguar' would catch on better.

Most people wouldn't remember BGRH, even if you tried to explain it to them. (in a loud bar/nightclub)

What would be in this concoction though. It would have to be drinkable to catch on, but not a blatant rip off of other cocktails.

Make it a quadruple sambuca and I'm in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Emmm, thats the recipe for homemade rohypnol. If I was a barman and you ordered that I'd call the police

yes but i'm female so he gladly hands it over.

Suppose the Jag sounds better but I wouldn't be up to explaining to people (or wimmen) what it means. Hell, I've yet to met someone in person who knows what it is. Still, "Can I have a double Atari Jaguar puh-lease?" sounds better.

Now, what to put in it! *pondering immensley*

In all honest, 'give me an atari jaguar' should really probably mean 'give me whatever cocktail you want, I don't care, just give me one now and cut the small talk'.

Which would also be fairly in keeping with the liberal attitude to alcohol this forum promotes. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Duggy747 wrote:
    Now, what to put in it! *pondering immensley*

Sambuca, Peach Schnapps and Coke all in a pint glass. I came up with it by accident at a wedding when I was trying to get a friend polluted, and they didn't have any of my first choice of Jagermeister, Goldschlager and Bacardi (bah I hate you badly stocked hotel bars). By the end of the night there were loads of people up trying to buy it.

When I'm trying to get seriously sh*tfaced, I've been known to get five vodka's in a pint glass with ice, and top off with some coke to take the edge off it slightly. Or a treble tequila, but that just always leads of mayhem and destruction.

Why not make two different cocktails, atari jaguar and BGRH. Win win situation imo.
    Anyway I would normally drink miller genuine draft, tiger beer, erdinger, hoegaarden, stella artois, rebel lager if its available. Kopperberg mixed fruit cider is divine and at 7% is pretty potent stuff.
    Cant stomach heineken/guinness/murphy's/beamish, rotten muck altogether.

Cant stomach heineken/guinness/murphy's/beamish, rotten muck altogether.

Says the man who drinks Miller "Genuine Draft" :rolleyes:

zaph wrote:
    Says the man who drinks Miller "Genuine Draft" :rolleyes:
    Each to their own Brother. I'll buy anyone in here a round of aforementioned drinks, I'll just drink something else:D

• Advertisement

Ah go on and admit it, you really love Guinnes, don't you? :D

Advertisement