Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Up to what level can you buy in in the scalps tonight in the fitz? 2nd level? and if so would that be around 9.30? Thanks

I think you can buy until just before the break- 3*20 minute levels which is due to be 9:30 but is often 5 - 10 minutes after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

any news from jackpot roe game 2ni?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

brag,
    Just took down the Scalps game in fitz.....2K + €270 ticket (a little bit of flattening out done on the prizefund)

Ed (glowingmind) came 2nd.....

Short stack going to final table,,,,,,

End brag.....

C you lot in the fitz today.

bye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

smurph wrote: »
    brag,
    Just took down the Scalps game in fitz.....2K + €270 ticket (a little bit of flattening out done on the prizefund)

Ed (glowingmind) came 2nd.....

Short stack going to final table,,,,,,

End brag.....

C you lot in the fitz today.

bye

didnt you win a ticket in the sat on Thursday night too?

A hot little smurph...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Good couple of days in the SE. 2ND on Sunday and won it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

4th in the fitz tonight. Got lucky once but felt I played about as good as I can. I wouldn't change the way I played any hands and am bitterly disappointed.

shoutman wrote: »
    4th in the fitz tonight. Got lucky once but felt I played about as good as I can. I wouldn't change the way I played any hands and am bitterly disappointed.

Well I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, chin up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shaws26

where is better for tourney play the sporting E and the fitz ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

the fitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Good couple of days in the SE. 2ND on Sunday and won it tonight.

Nice one Kev!! Now that Swar isn't around to distract you with pints you are obviously coming back into form!! lol

I hear Sunday nights are getting a decent number of runners in the SE many runners this week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Cheers Olly! Sunday had 44 runners which was pretty good. And yes Swar leaving has had a positive affect on my poker and waistline but i do miss my ginger friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Hi guys, there is a charity event on this Saturday @ 4.30 in the Fitz - it’s a 140e buy in.
    This is in memory of Eamon & Willow Connolly’s son who passed away last year.
    Anybody thinking of heading in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

Hi guys, there is a charity event on this Saturday @ 4.30 in the Fitz - it’s a 140e buy in.
    rumour has it pre-drinks in larry murphys then on to the fitz, for a very worthy cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

dose anybody know what time the cards start in parlmerstown house tonight please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

rumour has it pre-drinks in larry murphys then on to the fitz, for a very worthy cause

how late can u buy into this......

YULETIRED wrote: »

Hi ya Will, not to sure mate but if you just give the fitz a ring, they should be able to tell ya.

Damn I have plans for Saturday. :( I'd love to support this as I have great time for Willow and Eamon. I might just see if I can pay someones entry in support. Nobody even mentioned this to me when I was in last Friday:mad: Cheers Wes for posting this

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Damn I have plans for Saturday. :( I'd love to support this as I have great time for Willow and Eamon. I might just see if I can pay someones entry in support. Nobody even mentioned this to me when I was in last Friday:mad: Cheers Wes for posting this

Turns out that I am not going to be able to make it in for 4:30 either, would be able to make it if it was later.

Is it possible to make a donation to the charity directly. If I dropped cash into the Fitz, would that be ok? I'd really lke to support this.

Cheers

if you could get a player that would be great, its going to be a great day

regards jim willo cousin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

YULETIRED wrote: »

Were you playing the Fitz DC tonight in seat 6 on the FT?

I run good in that tournament, played it 5 times and been in the money 4.

• Advertisement

thats a great gesture Olly - fairplay
    Lao Lao wrote: »
    Turns out that I am not going to be able to make it in for 4:30 either, would be able to make it if it was later.

Is it possible to make a donation to the charity directly. If I dropped cash into the Fitz, would that be ok? I'd really lke to support this.

Cheers

that should be fine.

Unfortunately i wont be able to make it myself as im in Galway this weekend - i know this will be a great bit of crack as willow & eamon are two of the nicest guys you could meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Slash/ED wrote: »

:eek: are you kidding me, Britney was on TV last night. I had to stay in for that.

Hi Wes,
    Myself and Martin bought tickets for this a while ago, I would say that it will be a full house. If i was you I would phone one of the lads
    For tickets and further information please contact :
    jim smith 086-1217281 (christy smiths son)
    stephen doyle 086-362612
    christy smith 01-8316171
    to secure your ticket. We are heading in without cars as I will say that Larry Murphys could be frequented alot during the night. Scott gray and Padraig Parkinson are playing in it aswell.

Jasus Olly, I thought everyone knew about this, ive been pushing it for yonks, + there was flyers along all the tables last Friday (should of gone to specsavers imo:o:o)
    Seriously though, try and change your plans and go to this....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055339517

Jasus Olly, I thought everyone knew about this, ive been pushing it for yonks, + there was flyers along all the tables last Friday (should of gone to specsavers imo:o:o)

You are probably right about the specsavers bit Smurph!! :o Tbh I haven't been reading the Tournie forum very much as I wasn't around to play anything.

No damage done as I've got one and a half horses to back into it Smurph so that will have to do. I must give Eamon or Jim a ring to book the tickets.

if you could get a player that would be great, its going to be a great day

regards jim willo cousin

I've sent you a pm Jim. Best of luck to everyone playing in this.
    It's a great way of allowing everyone to show their support to two of the stalwarts of Irish poker so thanks a million for organising it.

hi guys, talking to eammon and willo today seems a lot of people dont know about this event for saturday so here are all the details.

THE CHRISTOPHER CONNOLLY MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT
    in aid of console

date: saturday 13th september @ 4pm fitzwilliam card club
    the game: no limit texas holdem, 10000 chips, 30 min clock

entry fee: 140 euro.

5 euro to the fitzwilliam for costs
    35 euro to charity
    100 euro to prize pool

sponsers of this event irish open winners jenny hagerty and christy smith

to book your seat contact jim 086-1217281,christy smith 01-8316171,
    eammon,086-2523720. fitzwilliam card club

regards jim

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Slash/ED wrote: »

No, that was not our beloved court jester.

I was seat 9 on the FT (ie, the eejit who folded the nuts on the river face up early on). Were you seat 4?

Smurph its me that needs to go to specsavers - thanks for link...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

shoutman wrote: »

ul. Thought you were going on to take it down when you headed to the FT. Shoulda stayed for cash though imo. Ridic soft stuff.

Also, whos playing the Jackpot 45 tonight? I'm in anyways

Advertisement