Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypothetical Moral Dilemma! [Not for the easily offended]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

is nobody a rehabilitation advocate here? Like was said murder IS worse than rape. I'm amazed the amount of you who are saying murdering him wouldn't be bad enough, sure a load of yous are throwing in torture to the mix.

Do yous really think killing the guy will give any kind of piece to the child. Sure he should be punished, but he should also be rehabilitated. I don't believe there is ever a situation where a human should be murdered to statisy some emotionally driven blood lust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Isn't it obvious?

You rape the old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

One big rape party to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

L31mr0d wrote:
    is nobody a rehabilitation advocate here? Like was said murder IS worse than rape. I'm amazed the amount of you who are saying murdering him wouldn't be bad enough, sure a load of yous are throwing in torture to the mix.

Do yous really think killing the guy will give any kind of piece to the child. Sure he should be punished, but he should also be rehabilitated. I don't believe there is ever a situation where a human should be murdered to statisy some emotionally driven blood lust.

he should only be rehabilitated when/if it becomes apparent the girl can/is rehabilitated and not until all funds/efforts are made for her first.......................keep him in the hole until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Why is she seven?

I think 7 is the age at which we attain moral reasoning and assume responsibility for our actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Why is she seven?

I think 7 is the age at which we attain moral reasoning and assume responsibility for our actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

It was Professor Plum in the Conservatory with the Candlestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

L31mr0d wrote:

Pfft! Its simple as being able to say to your little sister that he definitely isn't coming back.

If I could do that than lock me up and throw away the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Despite the delusions most people seem to hold, murder is worse than rape.

Very interested to know more about this opinion. In terms of people around the victim suffering (family etc) murder probably is worse. In terms of the crime itself, why not ask a victim of each? Victim of rape will talk of pain, shame, possible suicidal thoughts, will maybe never get over it, maybe shy away from sex and relationships forever. Maybe have permanent emotional and physical damage. A victim of murder will talk of.... Well.. they cant feel or say a thing anymore. So no suffering. And thats worse how?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Peared wrote:
    Very interested to know more about this opinion. In terms of people around the victim suffering (family etc) murder probably is worse. In terms of the crime itself, why not ask a victim of each? Victim of rape will talk of pain, shame, possible suicidal thoughts, will maybe never get over it, maybe shy away from sex and relationships forever. Maybe have permanent emotional and physical damage. A victim of murder will talk of.... Well.. they cant feel or say a thing anymore. So no suffering. And thats worse how?
    My father was killed by a hit and run driver.
    The driver was never caught.
    Thoughts of killing him did cross my mind, but I would rather see him face justice now.
    Time heals all wounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

The child would not only have to live with being raped (something she will have to anyway) and then with having taken a life.

I dont see how the second thing takes away anything from her suffering in fact it adds to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Terry wrote:
    My father was killed by a hit and run driver.
    The driver was never caught.
    Thoughts of killing him did cross my mind, but I would rather see him face justice now.
    Time heals all wounds.

Terry thats horrific obviously. And you and your family have my every sympathy. I did say that in terms of the people around the victim, murder is worse. But for the person themselves.. in death you are either at peace or just nothing, depending on your beliefs. But to live after a horrific attack, well, it doesnt end.

I can't agree with you that time heals all wounds. Some maybe, but not all. And to push the cliches on a bit, even when they are healed they can leave pretty nasty scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Peared wrote:
    Terry thats horrific obviously. And you and your family have my every sympathy. I did say that in terms of the people around the victim, murder is worse. But for the person themselves.. in death you are either at peace or just nothing, depending on your beliefs. But to live after a horrific attack, well, it doesnt end.

I can't agree with you that time heals all wounds. Some maybe, but not all. And to push the cliches on a bit, even when they are healed they can leave pretty nasty scars.
    See, here's the thing.
    The driver who hit my father must have family too.
    Would I like to see them go through what I went through?
    My answer is no.

Advertisement