Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypothetical Moral Dilemma! [Not for the easily offended]

Options
  • 23-07-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Okay here goes

You're standing in a field with a little girl and and old man

The old man raped the girl

who btw is your sister, and is holding a gun

So she's going to shoot the pervert

And despite being seven has a diabolical foolproof plan to avoid arrest

BTW, before shooting him she's going to subject him to torture. He's tied up and she's going to cut off his balls, penis, ears etc. etc. before killing him.

Do you try and talk her out of her plan?

I would talk her out of it but seemingly other people feel differently so what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Jrembin wrote:
    Okay here goes

You're standing in a field with a little girl and and old man

The old man raped the girl

who btw is your sister, and is holding a gun

So she's going to shoot the pervert

BTW, before shooting him she's going to subject him to torture. He's tied up and she's going to cut off his balls, penis, ears etc. etc. before killing him.

Do you try and talk her out of her plan?

I would talk her out of it but seemingly other people feel differently so what do you think?

You don't 'talk' a 7 year old out of anytthing FFS, shes 7.

You take the gun off the child and hold him till you call the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did this really happen? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ask her what the plan for escape is.
    Judge it's merit.
    Take the gun from her hand.
    Shoot the filthy rapist in the nuts.
    Beat/Torture him (to death).
    Flee.

Hypothetically of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jrembin

TheGooner wrote:
    You don't 'talk' a 7 year old out of anytthing FFS, shes 7.

You take the gun off the child and hold him till you call the police.

She's a smart seven year old though. And if you come any closer to her you'll fall into the massive hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's not hypothetical, that's sick. Even thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

jor el wrote:
    That's not hypothetical, that's sick. Even thinking about it.

I have to concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Let her do it. Dirty oul' Fookin Scumbag....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Better Idea

Let him live - once he gets out of Prison a tabloid newspaper will 'name and shame him' and write informative articles along the lines of 'Pervo does his shopping in Tesco next to school' - eventually a viscious mob of rabid Sun readers will tear him to pieces.

I'm sure you'd make an excellent ringleader for the said mob OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

She's 7 unless the gun is a one shot Derringer she is going to do her self serious harm and most likely miss.

At 7 many things will fade from her memory but killing a person will not.

Best bet is to protect her the best you can.
    You explain to her she has been very brave and that you are there to take care of her.

You take the forensic precautions need and make her close her eyes while you
    slit him from hip to hip spilling out his instestines and then putting his eyes out.

Then you take her to hosptial to be treated and cared for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i take the gun off her and tell her to turn around..............i then shoot the **** in the knee caps as he "attempted to go for my sister again" as a result of this he falls down that big hole you were talking about at which point muself and my sister walk(slowly) to the nearest village(presumably we are in the country) and go to the gardai and tell them the stroy but unfortunately in the comotion we cant remember what field it was in or even the rough area.............

said rapist has alot of pain(if not dead) before he is found and sent to prison....................he will get sent to prison as before i left i video taped him confessing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I would gently coax the gun from the girl after gaining her trust. Then trip the man and hold him until the police arrive. I don't agree with murder or violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

This is worse than Mr Garrisons dad canvassing opinions on a half simiiar issue down the pub on South Park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Shoot yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Get the gun off the girl and shoot them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jrembin

Thaedydal wrote:
    She's 7 unless the gun is a one shot Derringer she is going to do her self serious harm and most likely miss.

At 7 many things will fade from her memory but killing a person will not.

Best bet is to protect her the best you can.
    You explain to her she has been very brave and that you are there to take care of her.

You take the forensic precautions need and make her close her eyes while you
    slit him from hip to hip spilling out his instestines and then putting his eyes out.

Then you take her to hosptial to be treated and cared for.

You're not nice. :(

I would show her how to release the safety and tell her to shoot his cock off first then torture him and then after hours of agony shoot him in the legs then the arms :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

this is a bit ****ed up.............

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Jrembin wrote:
    http://www.omc.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/YouthJustice/overview2.htm&mn=
    On 16 October 2006, under the Children Act 2001, the age of criminal responsibility was effectively raised from 7 to 12 years. Under the new provisions, no child under the age of 12 years can be charged with an offence. An exception is made for 10 and 11 year-olds charged with very serious offences, such as unlawful killing, a rape offence or aggravated sexual assault. In addition, the Director of Public Prosecutions must give consent for any child under the age of 14 years to be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Despite the delusions most people seem to hold, murder is worse than rape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jrembin wrote:
    She's a smart seven year old though. And if you come any closer to her you'll fall into the massive hole!

She is a fcukin pscyopath of a seven year old.

You would be lucky if she didn't shoot you or cut your balls off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Despite the delusions most people seem to hold, murder is worse than rape.

Well that's that cleared up then.

Good jaysais.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Is this a trick question about sharia Law OP??

Heard a similar real life moral dilema a while back.

There was a big thread a few months ago over at OCUK. IIRC someone posted a BBCNews link of a story about the implementation of sharia law in Somalia since the islamic militia instituted sharia courts in parts of Mogadishu.
    Some guy had murdered this 14 year old boys family, raped the mother and sisters etc The Sharia Court found him guilty and he was sentanced to death. The court asked the boy if he wanted to carry out the excecution and he agreed. Apparently while the rapist/murderer was restrained, the boy disemboweled him with a machete.

Now by all accounts the guy deserved it. But putting aside whether the death penalty is moral, how moral is it to f@ck up a kids head by letting him get revenge like that. I'd want to get revenge like that if it was me I would imagine but I think the state would be right to stop me.

Its kind of funny the way people freak at the thoughts of Sharia law being implemented in their own country and yet present them with the story of a heinous crime and you here them shouting, "Stoning would be too good for that evil b@stard"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Calibos wrote:
    Is this a trick question about sharia Law OP??

Heard a similar real life moral dilema a while back.

There was a big thread a few months ago over at OCUK. IIRC someone posted a BBCNews link of a story about the implementation of sharia law in Somalia since the islamic militia instituted sharia courts in parts of Mogadishu.
    Some guy had murdered this 14 year old boys family, raped the mother and sisters etc The Sharia Court found him guilty and he was sentanced to death. The court asked the boy if he wanted to carry out the excecution and he agreed. Apparently while the rapist/murderer was restrained, the boy disemboweled him with a machete.

Now by all accounts the guy deserved it. But putting aside whether the death penalty is moral, how moral is it to f@ck up a kids head by letting him get revenge like that. I'd want to get revenge like that if it was me I would imagine but I think the state would be right to stop me.

Its kind of funny the way people freak at the thoughts of Sharia law being implemented in their own country and yet present them with the story of a heinous crime and you here them shouting, "Stoning would be too good for that evil b@stard"

Sharia law would prevent a lot of crime...by killing th criminals. :P

I would remove the gun from the child's hand. Then gag the rapist and tie him to a tree. I would bring the girl to hospital and explain everything that happened except I would forget his location...for maybe a week. After which I would return. If the cops didn't find him yet a little battery acid and some old tin cans can work wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Take the gun and shoot him in the lower leg (not the foot/knee, to difficult for surgeons to repair, upper leg = too high a risk of hitting the artery where it can't be easily dealt with) so he can't readily escape, then call the police.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why is she seven?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

id give him a flying headbutt off the top rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

how the hell did the 7 year old over power the old man and tie him up.

Also from the sound of it, your sister needs a lot of help that seems to have stemed from more then just the rape

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Most people are more concerned with the finality of the death sentence in that if an innocent person is mistakenly convicted, there's no way to go back. In the hypothetical situation here, you are told he is definitely guilty, and then what to do, and in that case, a lot of people have no problem in putting him to death (certainly the majority on this thread). However in most cases, guilt is never that easy to prove, and there is plenty of cases of people being punished that were then shown to be innocent.

With something like Sharia law, you can't make someone undead and/or give them their hand back. Thats without the fact, that generally muslim countries would not be able to call upon advanced forensic techniques to solve a crime, and thus increase the likelihood of an erroneous conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

If i knew he was defo guilty I would take the gun from the girl tie the cnut to a tree and bring the girl to get medical attention. Later i'd come back and torture the evil *****r to death and leave him there for wild foxes etc. to enjoy a feast. This would still be too good for him.

Advertisement