Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 32" LCD €579

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Whoops.. thanks for that byte but i realised the TV in the original post is not the one i'm looking at.

I'm trying to decide between the Bravia (as linked to above) and this Samsung model.. any thoughts?

The samsung has a much better contrast ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh yeah.. didn't realised the specifics of contrast ratio was under 'Additional Information'

Think the Samsung is the way to go... anyone buy one of these? Am extremely indecisive about these kind of purchases until i know everything and am sure it's a good decision!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh yeah.. didn't realised the specifics of contrast ratio was under 'Additional Information'

Think the Samsung is the way to go... anyone buy one of these? Am extremely indecisive about these kind of purchases until i know everything and am sure it's a good decision!

I'd go with the samsung. I'm the same as yourself when it comes to this type of thing. I spend weeks speccing up different laptops before I eventually bought one. If I were you, I'd compare as many different ones on komplett before buying that though. Just to see if there is a better one for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

That model is now € 688.99

Suppose comin up for .....mas (dont wanna say the word yet) it'll come down in price?
    As my brother got one last year (almost said it again!) for about a grand & he had someone check up on it for him as well, as word of mouth is great when a lot of people come up with the same name & would like to get one soon if the price came down also the P+P is reasonable where i live!

I also like to find out what are the rest of the cable/leads that come with it are used for if someone would like to help with that, as i've probably gathered cables over the years & not used them for anything as i wouldn't know their name but recognise them e.g fly-leads are another name for male-male :)

Connections
    Connector Type 2 x HDMI ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear
    2 x SCART ( 21 PIN SCART ) - rear
    1 x component video input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - rear
    2 x audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear
    1 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear
    1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) ) - rear
    1 x audio line-in ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) - rear
    1 x digital audio output (optical) ( TOS Link ) - rear
    1 x S-Video input ( 4 PIN mini-DIN ) - side
    1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) - side
    1 x composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anyone know what Samsungs policy on dead/stuck pixels is? I recently bought one and it has a few stuck pixels already. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

standbyme wrote:
    That model is now € 688.99
    It's always was that price.. it was that price when i first posted it up. It's different to the one in the original post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

It's always was that price.. it was that price when i first posted it up. It's different to the one in the original post.

Oops! that price must be embedded in me since it last on sale at that price (kickin myself for not getting it) Is that the telly ur goin for anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Just wondering what you thought of this samsung model http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/553174/art/samsung/le32s62-lcd-television.html

Advertisement